• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    With the Reopening directive from the POTUS is this doable? Too dificult?

It meets the criteria of the Phase 1 standards set by the POTUS.

What does everyone think? Opinions?

Looking to the future with this virus situation. The POTUS has shown us how this will implemented once we achieve a certain level. Phase one lets us go back to work and have sporting events as long as we can maintain a certain level of Social distancing. No groups bigger than 10.

Phase 1 Match for USPSA.
    There would be 2 RO’s per stage
    There would be 2RO’s at registration
    Everyone must sign up on Practiscore with complete information.

There will be no squads for this match. You will register for an appointment time to show up at the range where you will be checked in and stay at or in your car until on of our registration people will tell you that you may proceed to bay 1.

When you get to your first bay you can get ready and study the stage while the other shooters ahead of them are scoring and pasting. The registration people will keep about 3 shooters at Bay 1 preparing. The 2 RO’s at the registration table will control the separation and the number of shooters allowed at stage one. Don't arrive early as you will only be setting in your car. Don't arrive late as you will be forfeiting your time.

When it is your turn at Bay 1 You will do everything as normal except all starts will be from a visual activator to give the RO some distancing. (this will be for all 6 stages). Once you finish and the RO has cleared you. Then the RO will score with the other RO and you will give a verbal agreement to RO that the scores are correct before the RO finalizes them. After the finalization you will reset the stage and paste all Tan Pasters and reset the steel. The RO’s will paste all Black and White. After the stage is reset you will move directly to stage 2. The same will happen for all 6 stages.

There will be no PCC for this match only because so many of them are so quiet the RO must be right on the shooter for them to register and this makes the distancing more difficult. (SORRY) Break out the Handgun.

Match cost will be $35 per shooter. (see explanation below)

This will require 14 RO’s per day to work this match and they will be working quite hard kind of like at a level 3 match. Every RO will get $1 per shooter that goes through donated to them for their hard work and dedication. Using 4 mins per shooter that is $15 per hour which I expect to be about the best rate we will be able to achieve. I think that is only fair considering the situation.

This is also another what if opinion search thread. Lets try not to get all panties bunched.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Given overall good numbers for infection rate in your geographic area, why couldn't you:

1. Limit squad size to 10.
    2. Strongly advise competitors to respect social distancing when possible.
    3. Have plenty of sanitizer around sign up area.
    4. Add a CYA liability sheet to sign up process.

??

Never thought about getting rid of pcc, there is always a silver lining if you look for it.

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    Several hoops to jump through. Sounds like a lot of dedicated people for select duties. Volunteer sport?
    Can I schedule a time of day at 3pm? 6pm? When normal people get off of work? I could get more matches in on my schedule if I could...my.02....

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Unless you have the RO stick with the same squad throughout, you will be exposing the RO's to everyone that shoots. I would suggest that an RO is attached to one squad and they move with them.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    I'd say you would have to really, really, really want to shoot a match to do all that! I can barely make it through a normal club day!

Good way to kick off a discussion of what this looks like this year. Appreciate the thought behind it.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Several hoops to jump through. Sounds like a lot of dedicated people for select duties. Volunteer sport?
    Can I schedule a time of day at 3pm? 6pm? When normal people get off of work? I could get more matches in on my schedule if I could...my.02....
    This is in the discussion stage.

I doubt it would be available at 6 pm and you would pick your time on practiscore when you signed up. More like 10 - 4 at best.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Unless you have the RO stick with the same squad throughout, you will be exposing the RO's to everyone that shoots. I would suggest that an RO is attached to one squad and they move with them.
    There are no squads for this it is you shoot stage 1 one and reset it and go to stage 2 and so on. The RO's are still social distancing so there exposure would be reduced and this is after we are in Phase 1 so all the store s are open and such.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Yes that is why I think they should get paid for their time If you read the OP

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    There are no squads for this it is you shoot stage 1 one and reset it and go to stage 2 and so on. The RO's are still social distancing so there exposure would be reduced and this is after we are in Phase 1 so all the store s are open and such.

Ah, okay. I don't know much about competitive shooting, but isn't a RO/SO supposed to be close enough to the shooter to be able to take control of the forearm if needed?

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Ah, okay. I don't know much about competitive shooting, but isn't a RO/SO supposed to be close enough to the shooter to be able to take control of the forearm if needed?
    During any stage the RO is not close enough to take control of the gun except the Start and Clearing. But you have a valid point to an extent. I think the RO staying at 6 feet should be doable if we work at it.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    After sign up your squad of 10 goes directly to your assigned bay. Each squad can have their own shooter's meeting etc.
    This means only 8 in a squad with the 2 RO's and if you are doing that then you might as well just do it the way we always have. But This limits the match to 60 max and you would also find that people would not stay away from each other. They would get together just like normal and that would not be in tune with the social distancing. My way there are only 5 in the bay at most and three would be scoring, ROing, or shooting so there would not be as much getting together. With 10 they would be all together and this would invite trouble.

Top Bottom