Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    am i assuming the RO's would not be shooting? :scratch:

maybe i'm not reading the OP correctly

:cheers:

Either they would have to shoot before or after or we could have one extra float RO that could relieve them one at a time during the match. Or maybe double this. Because each shooter should be finished in about an hour to hour and one half.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    RIP PCC lmao!

USPSA has got a noise problem. Some combinations of pcc & load (minority - easy fix add powder) create hassles & potential safety issues because they are too quiet, some open guns (again minority, semi easy fix less powder & ported as apprtopriate ) make an r.o. choose between avoiding hearing damage and being able to hear well enough to do the job.

Meanwhile decibel meters are less than $20.00 ( https://www.amazon.com/slp/decibel-meter/4qv7ch9m9o8r9ox ), and apparently we do not have rule books now because hq wanted to be able to change the rules twice per week. I could live with the occasional super quiet pcc but the apparent lack of concern for unneccesary and permanent hearing damage is frustrating.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    USPSA has got a noise problem. Some combinations of pcc & load (minority - easy fix add powder) create hassles & potential safety issues because they are too quiet, some open guns (again minority, semi easy fix less powder & ported as apprtopriate ) make an r.o. choose between avoiding hearing damage and being able to hear well enough to do the job.

Meanwhile decibel meters are less than $20.00 ( https://www.amazon.com/slp/decibel-meter/4qv7ch9m9o8r9ox ), and apparently we do not have rule books now because hq wanted to be able to change the rules twice per week. I could live with the occasional super quiet pcc but the apparent lack of concern for unneccesary and permanent hearing damage is frustrating.

you have been in isolation to long

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

USPSA isn’t for everyone

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    you would also find that people would not stay away from each other. They would get together just like normal and that would not be in tune with the social distancing.

I think you’ll find people will do the right thing without needing to be told. You could always make the penalty for not social distancing as serious as breaking 180?

I would personally not participate in a match structured like this, but I commend your dedication to the sport and the thought you put into this.

My other shooting sport (long range rifle) is tentatively starting up matches in two weeks and allowing people to police themselves.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I am *****ing aimlessly.

Jake is having delusions of r.o. grandeur.

Cowboy1629 is reporting rare sightings.

Give the lock down another month and there will be cooking recipes.

Makes sense now

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    I think you’ll find people will do the right thing without needing to be told. You could always make the penalty for not social distancing as serious as breaking 180?

I would personally not participate in a match structured like this, but I commend your dedication to the sport and the thought you put into this.

My other shooting sport (long range rifle) is tentatively starting up matches in two weeks and allowing people to police themselves.

Well from the people I have spoken with this has for several reasons not gone over well. Too Difficult, Resistance to change, Not understanding it fully, Inability to read in detail. So I guess we wait and see when who and when the first normal matches resume. Then it will be a matter of interpretation of the orders in place.

Top Bottom