• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Well from the people I have spoken with this has for several reasons not gone over well. Too Difficult, Resistance to change, Not understanding it fully, Inability to read in detail. So I guess we wait and see when who and when the first normal matches resume. Then it will be a matter of interpretation of the orders in place.

I think what you're trying to do is commendable. :yesway: I also think that without the "social" aspect of USPSA it's lacking in appeal to the majority. :ingo:

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    I think what you're trying to do is commendable. :yesway: I also think that without the "social" aspect of USPSA it's lacking in appeal to the majority. :ingo:
    This is absolutly true. But there is no way around that aspect. We all want to be with our friends . Understandable.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Well from the people I have spoken with this has for several reasons not gone over well. Too Difficult, Resistance to change, Not understanding it fully, Inability to read in detail. So I guess we wait and see when who and when the first normal matches resume. Then it will be a matter of interpretation of the orders in place.

I have heard of clubs that had there regular monthly matches this way before the plague. It could be done but as we discussed 4 minutes per shooter would not happen with the shooter resetting their own stage. Probably closer to 6 minutes per shooter.
    Getting 6 RO's at a 4 hour monthly match is hard enough. 14 RO's for 6 hours plus their time to shoot would be improbable/impossible. I don't think paying them would help much but I have been wrong before.
    This would be great for the shooter. Only about a hour on the range and can scoot home. Only have to paste 6 times the whole match in stead of 6 times per stage. Never have to take the timer or score pad.
    Like said above I'm there to see friends and visit as much as shoot so this wouldn't appeal to me much.
    Some would gladly pay $35 to shoot and scoot.
    Never understood those that were in a hurry to get off the range and go home.

Never thought about getting rid of pcc, there is always a silver lining if you look for it.

That is a lie you ALWAYS think about getting rid of PCC.
    FWIW last match a South Central had 1 PCC
    Last match at Silver Creek had 2 PCC out of 60+ shooters.
    The 2 matches combined had more REVOLVER shooters than PCC.:evilangel::rofl:

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    I suspect when the time comes, those who want to shoot will find a way to do it, and people will make a choice to participate based on their situation.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    I have heard of clubs that had there regular monthly matches this way before the plague. It could be done but as we discussed 4 minutes per shooter would not happen with the shooter resetting their own stage. Probably closer to 6 minutes per shooter.
    Getting 6 RO's at a 4 hour monthly match is hard enough. 14 RO's for 6 hours plus their time to shoot would be improbable/impossible. I don't think paying them would help much but I have been wrong before.
    This would be great for the shooter. Only about a hour on the range and can scoot home. Only have to paste 6 times the whole match in stead of 6 times per stage. Never have to take the timer or score pad.
    Like said above I'm there to see friends and visit as much as shoot so this wouldn't appeal to me much.

This was the reason for the post to begin with. I wanted to see if it was even feasible. I know it can be done like you said there are places doing this every WEEK (yes I meant every week). People get set in their ways and in their comfort zone.

In this kind of a scenario I feel it would be very helpful to RO's that would be working more than a normal weekend shared duties match to get paid for it.

I hope we are all shooting soon and look forward to those fun times again. Who knows there is a seed planted and we will see if it grows or withers away.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This would be great for the shooter. Only about a hour on the range and can scoot home.

This is what I need to overcome. I am so busy with limited time that everything I do is to maximize my time to be as effective as possible. I virtually never take time to "smell the roses" as it's said. I'm usually running over them.:)

The above would appeal to me greatly right now but perhaps if I slowed down a bit I would be more interested.

I do meet occasionally with a few friends for breakfast and some shooting. I really enjoy that. But we meet at 7am, eat and talk until 8:30ish, shoot until 10 and then I'm back to getting the stuff I need to do done.

Spending the better part of a day at a range to only shoot for what ends up being a few minutes doesn't appeal to me...yet.

I really need to work on the friendship angle.:thumbsup:

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    Personally, I want to shoot a match pretty bad but without the social aspect of the match I don't feel I would enjoy it as much. This would be something I would have to try out once to see if it would even be worth shooting that way. Great Idea though and well thought out

Me personally, I am thinking a couple stages setup on a Saturday and shoot with some close friends and just have some fun and get some practice in a match setting without pressure would be a ton of fun!

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    Personally, I want to shoot a match pretty bad but without the social aspect of the match I don't feel I would enjoy it as much. This would be something I would have to try out once to see if it would even be worth shooting that way. Great Idea though and well thought out

Me personally, I am thinking a couple stages setup on a Saturday and shoot with some close friends and just have some fun and get some practice in a match setting without pressure would be a ton of fun!

I'd sure be there, I'm going stir crazy waiting this "Charade" out.

Top Bottom