• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Just picked up a police trade 5903 yesterday. Went to the range today and put 250 rounds through, it ran flawlessly and was surprisingly accurate. Spent some time cleaning this afternoon, it cleaned up and looks pretty good. I have a straight grip, springs, and another mag on order.
    I got it at Marksman in Westfield, he has 4 or 5 more if someone is interested.

View attachment 74129
    Looks pretty clean. Usually the leo turn ins with the alloy frame show some serious wear.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just picked up a police trade 5903 yesterday. Went to the range today and put 250 rounds through, it ran flawlessly and was surprisingly accurate. Spent some time cleaning this afternoon, it cleaned up and looks pretty good. I have a straight grip, springs, and another mag on order.
    I got it at Marksman in Westfield, he has 4 or 5 more if someone is interested.

View attachment 74129

1. I was up there a couple of weeks ago a and had about 5 or 6 out on the counter, and had one picked out that seemed to have a tad better trigger than the others.
    2. I had been aware of them for weeks and was surprised there were any left.
    3. Chris, the owner, has the best used gun prices I've seen anywhere.
    4. Enjoy! I passed and was going to hold out for a 5906 and did find one on Armslist, but decided not to go that direction.

KWIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2019
    IN
    After spending a few hours shooting and cleaning this one I am considering going and picking up another one. I don't remember if he had one with a square trigger guard, if so, I would probably get it and have one of each.
    This thing looked pretty bad but he didn't clean them, which is nice because you get to see it's actual condition.

KWIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2019
    IN
    I have a question for the 3rd Gen experts on the 5903 I just bought, advertised as a "police trade".
    On the bottom of the hood of the frame, on the exterior, is neatly stamped "CAI Georgia VT"

Now I know this means Century Arms handled it in some way but two questions.
    1 - Does this effect the value?
    2 - Is there any way to find out where it was used?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    After spending a few hours shooting and cleaning this one I am considering going and picking up another one. I don't remember if he had one with a square trigger guard, if so, I would probably get it and have one of each.
    This thing looked pretty bad but he didn't clean them, which is nice because you get to see it's actual condition.

1. At the price he is selling them for, you can't go wrong.
    2. This is why I didn't buy one, I knew that the 5903 would lead to the 5906 (almost bought one the week I said no to the 5903) and it would lead to..............
    3. I know me, I acquire, shoot and enjoy, then economic reality hits and I go into trim mode b/c I've bought something else.
    4. I had the Ruger P89 which I loved b/c it was heavy and brick-like, but sold it to pay for another item, but regretted it and bought the Ruger P95 which I love as well, but I'm now selling it to pay for other upgrades or items.
    5. I know I will regret it in the future b/c it is just a sweet accurate gun for the money, but it will nearly pay for another that I bought for a steal which I know I can't live w/o. :laugh:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I have a question for the 3rd Gen experts on the 5903 I just bought, advertised as a "police trade".
    On the bottom of the hood of the frame, on the exterior, is neatly stamped "CAI Georgia VT"

Now I know this means Century Arms handled it in some way but two questions.
    1 - Does this effect the value?
    2 - Is there any way to find out where it was used?

I prefer stateside 3rd gens over reimports. On the s&w forum there's a link where you send 75 and Roy jinks the S&W historian will give you everything he can on your pistol.it may only contain basic info or it could tell you where it was sent to.

KWIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2019
    IN
    I prefer stateside 3rd gens over reimports. On the s&w forum there's a link where you send 75 and Roy jinks the S&W historian will give you everything he can on your pistol.it may only contain basic info or it could tell you where it was sent to.

Thanks for the info.
    I emailed CAI Saturday with the serial # asking what they knew about it, they responded back yesterday that they Imported back in from Israel.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I was reading the Annual 2019 Glock magazine. It states they are now providing G17’s to the WV State Police. I wonder if the S&W 4566 TSW models they had will, or have already hit the market? They were issued those in 2011. Wonder if they where branded.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I was reading the Annual 2019 Glock magazine. It states they are now providing G17’s to the WV State Police. I wonder if the S&W 4566 TSW models they had will, or have already hit the market? They were issued those in 2011. Wonder if they where branded.

You never know though I'm sure they will be headed for a furnace. What a waste I say.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'm starting to get into a bidding war on GB for a s&w 4536. Only 736 made for one year in 1991. Comes with original box and goodies. It also appears to be in 95% or better condition. Just checking none of you goons are bidding as well.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Nada. I'm in a bit of a buying lull until FUNds replenish themselves.

GOOD LUCK!

Yeah I'm doing this on the sneaky route. Got my 82 last month and bought her a lcp Saturday as a present once she gives birth next week sometime. I'm only going to 550 in total costs but 2 days left and I'm sure the other guy would win it one bid over mine. I'm at the point of could I live with it. I would if I knew someone here was going to get it and would let me examine it once. I would plan on shooting once and stashing it away after a detailed cleaning.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Well at the last Crown Point gun show i picked up a 4526 as new in box for a low cost .sent it to the mother ship for its factory recall and it is now back with me . recall was for something to do with the sig style decocker .Also picked up a C.S. 40 to convert to a 10-mm

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Yeah I'm doing this on the sneaky route. Got my 82 last month and bought her a lcp Saturday as a present once she gives birth next week sometime. I'm only going to 550 in total costs but 2 days left and I'm sure the other guy would win it one bid over mine. I'm at the point of could I live with it. I would if I knew someone here was going to get it and would let me examine it once. I would plan on shooting once and stashing it away after a detailed cleaning.

One more week!! Congrats!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Well at the last Crown Point gun show i picked up a 4526 as new in box for a low cost .sent it to the mother ship for its factory recall and it is now back with me . recall was for something to do with the sig style decocker .Also picked up a C.S. 40 to convert to a 10-mm

I’ve got a cs40 that needs to go to AllenM to be reamed for 10mm. On the project list that never gets done....

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

What was the price if you dont mind me asking?

I would like to dip my toes into the s&w frame decocker waters.

Thanks mcapo.

Top Bottom