• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'm trying to stay away from looking up 3rd gens I want. I just bought another 1k unpolished ss109 pulls for 85.50 which I'm sure I'll hear about when the wife comes back from Florida.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    How does those end up shooting for you?

I haven't worked up a load yet just been buying them up when they have their 10% discount. I think I have around 5K which should last me years. I've been working on a 38S&W load for my S&W 33-1 which isn't working out so good, so I may change back over to 223 and figure a load up.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Just received my 3913 slide today. The seller claimed it was NOS and I would be safe to say he is probably right. It smells of factory shipping oil, and I see no wear marks to indicate it was used.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    I've carried my 4006TSW before, in the winter at least. Weight didn't bother me, but I'm a bigger guy. Traded a RAS47 pistol (which isn't what I thought I was buying when I got it, and didn't really want it once I realized that) and a Bushmaster I picked up at Gander Mountain in the going out of business close-out, on a tractor that was worth way more today. I'm not big on selling/getting rid of guns, but I did alright on this one.

Talking rare birds, there's a 6906 PC listed on GB, but I'm not even sure what the thing is. Looks neat, but too spendy.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Talking rare birds, there's a 6906 PC listed on GB, but I'm not even sure what the thing is. Looks neat, but too spendy.

Interesting machine work on the frame and slide. Not sure if I like it or not but it sure does grab your attention. So is this a third party custom?

pix358346905.jpg

Stock 6906 for Comparison (google pic)....

wm_2630745.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I've heard the earlier gens have jamming problems does anyone have any experience with this?

The first gen (39 and 59) were developed without the use of hollow points in mind and you can have feeding issues with some of the very lowest serial numbers, as I understand it.

My 39 will feed hollow points just fine - the 59 - depends. Can't say I've tested it extensively. Both will feed ball ammo perfectly.

I honestly do not recall ever having a single malfunction with a 3rd gen...

EDIT: worth noting that the 39 and 59 are low round count guns and these were made back when break-in periods were expected. Today, we think a gun should come out of the box ready to fire 5000 rounds without a hiccup. Sigh. I miss the old days...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom