IN

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    He posted about buying it but I'm surprised it isn't gone.

I missed the CZ75 yesterday by about 2 minutes. Stinks because I had emailed him earlier. Oh well...snooze, you lose.

So, in a parts holding pattern on the frankengun?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    He posted about buying it but I'm surprised it isn't gone.

I missed the CZ75 yesterday by about 2 minutes. Stinks because I had emailed him earlier. Oh well...snooze, you lose.

So, in a parts holding pattern on the frankengun?

I could assemble the frame right now, but want to play this 33-1 out. I know if I buy the 6904 thats in about 90% for 389 I would probably swap slides and call it a day I still have to do the polishing on the frame rails and moving parts. This way I'll have a 2-tone SSV and a blued LSV.

If I bought the 6906/3913 slide I would still need a rod and spring to complete it. I'm not sure if I would sell the 915 slide as I did buy a new rod and spring. I know I wouldn't get as much for just the slide and barrel as I would if it was a complete assembly. I could still keep the 915 slide and throw it on my 3913 for S's & G"s. I'm basically at a 4 way fork in the road. As option 4 could be blow it all off after I lose the 33-1 and focus on buying a CZ82 to add to my C&R book.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    Picked up my CS45, turns out its not in as good as shape as I hoped. Finish is fine, but it's got some sort of oddness going in in the trigger system. Double action, pull the trigger all the way back, hammer stays back, then you let off the trigger and it drops as if being decocked. Won't hit the firing pin no matter what I do. Guess I'll really have to tear into this one.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    If it is not something like a sear or spring issue, I've got a functional CS45 if you need to check measurements or anything.

Honest to god, I've got no idea. I just tore the whole thing apart (minus taking the extractor off) and put it all back together, after cleaning, same thing. After playing around with it a bit more, it will fire when the gun has no magazine in it, but without a magazine, it won't fire...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Well I ended up winning the S&W 33-1, so it looks like my franken build is in a mid term holding pattern. It will give me time to do some polishing of parts and possibly assemble the lower if I decide not to cerekote any black parts.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom