• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Thanks. I still carry her occasionally. The grips were made by a Turkish company, KSD Grips I believe. Took a while to ship from all the way from over there but they complete the look.

I heard they went under? I seen them on the S&W forum, but decided to wait awhile to see if I would want to order.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    For those who want to see my stash.

Top is 4506-1 The bottom is 5903

Top left is the 5906, Bottom left is a 3913, Top right is a 5946, and Bottom right is a 3906 with B square mount attached.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So I was bored and the garage was a cozy 45 degrees compared to 20 outside, so I decided to completely strip my 5903 to give it a yearly deep clean. I even removed the adjustable sight and took out the mag disconnect. I also spent a good hr and a half polishing the safety to remove any grittiness. I was going to polish the slide rails, and where the slide rides over the mag but decided it wasn't worth it with the alloy frame.

I also replaced the grips on my CZ75, and 85 with the original grips due to the wood ones I got about a yr back would rock back and forth even with the screw as tight as I could go without doing damage. I measured the trigger pulls on both the 85, 75, and 5903 and was getting around 4.5 on both the CZ's with cajun parts, and around 6.5 with the 5903 stock parts. I do love the short reset on the 5903 and 3rd gens in general. I wish I could get the same on my CZ's.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Good looking family!

I recently purchased my first CZ (SP-01) and have been overall impressed except for the amount of creep in the SA trigger....but I think it sacrilegious if we start discussing CZ's in yet another thread on this site. LOL!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I did all the polishing I could on my 5903 and couldn't tell a difference afterward. Did you notice an improvement?
    When I put the safety in before polishing I could feel the grittiness as it passed over the rough spots. I used some 320, 400, 1000, and mothers to polish it. After it would freely move back and forth in the slide with no grittiness and no force as I moved the slide back and forth. I didn't have the firing pin or the safety plunger in when I tested it before and after. I even polished the safety plunger.

When I did my 5946 a week or two back the slide felt like it hung up a bit in the racking process, and afterwards it racks back like butter. I didn't spend as near as much time as I did on my 4506-1 which was probably a 3hr process, but I did take my time and you can see a difference. I only own two alloy 3rd gens, and I wouldn't do anything to the frames because if you start messing with it and polishing you get rid of that corrosion protection and start having problems in the long run.
    Good looking family!

I recently purchased my first CZ (SP-01) and have been overall impressed except for the amount of creep in the SA trigger....but I think it sacrilegious if we start discussing CZ's in yet another thread on this site. LOL!

Thanks....... Yeah I agree figure I would make mention of it since I was already out there and they were in front of me, but back to our regular scheduled program on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen S&W's.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The wife is in Ky visiting her Aunt and I have been off since Thursday. I'm getting the urge to pull out my 5906 nightstand gun and do a polish and complete tear-down, but Skyrim is also calling me right now. If I did the 5906 that would leave me the 3906, and 3913 to mess with. Definitely not enough time to get them all taken care of. I think I will do some Skyrim.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

That's the same site that had 5906 mags for 17.99 and then they went up to 19.99 still saying they were on sale. The gun price I think came down from 399, but with shipping and ffl fee of $20 your over $400 without getting any good pics to look at.

I decided to do my 5906 anyways. I gauge the trigger pull before and after and found that I was able to drop my DA by almost 2lbs down to 9lbs by polishing the drawbar, trigger, inside of the frame where the drawbar rides, and hammer. The SA pretty much stayed the same which is what I expected since you already take up all the slack and only need a small amount to drop the hammer.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    ^^^ If you get a chance post a picture of the inside.

The 5906 frame? I can try probably wont be the best pic as its already back together.

Update: I tried to get some pics, but the flash on the polished rails makes it hard to see anything. Without the flash everything is dark.

Last edited:

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    The 5906 frame?

No I've never seen the internals of one. I hadn't realized this thread had grown to all the generations. So since I didn't see a 559 posted I dug mine out for a picture. Dad gave this to me in May of 85.
    559%201_1.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    559%202_2.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Top Bottom