• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I am not sure if going to war in what is basically a golf cart is a good idea.

better or worse than?

E9EkacK.jpg

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    The Blue-Suiters with the pallet: 10K forklifts are smaller than back in the day. Zoom on the pic, a Civvie running the forklift (Champion logo on jacket.) Clipboard guy needs to GTFO of the way.

Why is a running forklift under the pallet in the process of being netted with troops that close? Staged picture.

Also the three empty pallets in the back, nets attached? Makes no sense. Must be Aerial-Porters.

And everyone is wearing a mask. Anything worth doing is worth over-doing.

Out of the picture is the political affairs officer with a smug grin on its face...

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    better or worse than?

E9EkacK.jpg
    Is that a tactical battle donkey? :):

I would have never thought that one statement would be so controversial.

No matter how you set up an electric UTV this is what I see. Yes, I am an old guy and it’s just my opinion based on 30 years ago.

B2D4A639-2D45-4AEB-8A6D-183A50A53A49.jpeg

Last edited:

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    They're doing better destroying Russian tanks with Ukrainian lives on the line than American ones. Since Russia can barely repair, let alone make more, of their tanks, I think this is a great investment, especially given how expensive it is to train American soldiers and to run operations with them.

Russia doesn't have the juice to take Ukraine so give them all the weapons they need and let them whip the Russians. It's cheaper and way less risky for us in the long run.
    Replace, Ukraine with mujahedeen and it sounds like a late 70's advisor to Carter after Russia advances into Afghanistan. Nah, we'll just give them weapons and training, it'll never come back to bite us.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Is that a tactical battle donkey? :):

That was a funny pic. Was looking for the ones used in Afghanistan by our S.F.

Ask a farmer if their John Deere SxS is tough or not. Not talking golf carts, or electric.

Better than humping it, I'd bet. In the right conditions though.

Especially if I knew the terrain, both generally and specifically. Where to set up ambushes, etc. Drive close, slither closer, mass fire, E&E. You can drive those where larger vehicles have a hard time.

I can imagine the WW I veterans saying, this Jeep thing will never go far. No armor, hardly any cargo capacity, cheap.

Horse-Soldiers.jpg

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    That was a funny pic. Was looking for the ones used in Afghanistan by our S.F.

Ask a farmer if their John Deere SxS is tough or not. Not talking golf carts, or electric.

Better than humping it, I'd bet. In the right conditions though.

Especially if I knew the terrain, both generally and specifically. Where to set up ambushes, etc. Drive close, slither closer, mass fire, E&E. You can drive those where larger vehicles have a hard time.

I can imagine the WW I veterans saying, this Jeep thing will never go far. No armor, hardly any cargo capacity, cheap.

Horse-Soldiers.jpg
    I get the idea. If you look at my original post it’s says “I am not sure” about ….

Anything can be useful if it’s put to use smartly. Problem is, and especially with newer concepts, it can also get you killed. Of course, an old Vietnam vet once told me “you can do everything right and still end up dead.”

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'll take a Reserve RED HORSE Squadron (Rapid Engineer Deployable Heavy Operations Squadron Engineer... yes they said Engineer twice) for $1,000 Alex.

M16A1s... I was at McConnell in Wichita, Kansas in the mid-90s when we converted to A2s (that was a KC-135 Tanker Wing so we probably were some of the last to convert.) Our Cop Squadron had an equipment requirement for an M79. I can't remember how many tries it took, depot kept sending M203s.

A simple concept, the M 79.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    There's speculation that Putin will seek to declare war on Ukraine on May 9th. Doing so would give Putin full access Russia's military reserves and amp up conscription. Furthermore, who knows how his allies in Belarus, Kazakhstan, Syria, Iran, and beyond will respond, though I speculate Belarus would be the only one to actually respond with any seriousness. If that happens, the West is going to have to decide how they're going to respond. Shipping weapons will no longer be enough; Ukraine will have to respond with total war and even then there's not enough uniforms, weapons, equipment, etc. to go around.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom