• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    With this group of Patriots taking care of the People's Business, I can now sleep well knowing we are on the Right side of History!

:thumbsup: This message brought to you by RAYTHEON and LOCKHEED MARTIN.
    1 Javelin @ $ 178,000. X 5000 shipped so far = ? :thumbsup:
    They're doing better destroying Russian tanks with Ukrainian lives on the line than American ones. Since Russia can barely repair, let alone make more, of their tanks, I think this is a great investment, especially given how expensive it is to train American soldiers and to run operations with them.

Russia doesn't have the juice to take Ukraine so give them all the weapons they need and let them whip the Russians. It's cheaper and way less risky for us in the long run.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I doubt the photo is Russian Soldiers and equipment. It’s a stretch that they would even have any T-12’s in service.

Russians have a standard kit load out like we do. I highly doubt they are out of basic gear.

As far as what I have witnessed most NG units have fairly modern equipment. Reserve units being support units often have older but still functioning equipment. They might have M16A2 or 1st gen SAW’s old but still work.

Worse I have ever witnessed was a AF Reserve Engineer unit in Iraq 2003. This was during active combat
    PRC-77 radios, M16A1 rifles, M60’s, and get this M79 grenade launchers. All equipment looked brand new like out of a time capsule.
    I'll take a Reserve RED HORSE Squadron (Rapid Engineer Deployable Heavy Operations Squadron Engineer... yes they said Engineer twice) for $1,000 Alex.

M16A1s... I was at McConnell in Wichita, Kansas in the mid-90s when we converted to A2s (that was a KC-135 Tanker Wing so we probably were some of the last to convert.) Our Cop Squadron had an equipment requirement for an M79. I can't remember how many tries it took, depot kept sending M203s.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Except for the flight crew and plane. That would be a shame to lose them.
    Well, the pilots could hand them each an inflatable life vest, telling them it is a parachute, and that they should bail out while the crew keeps the plane stable to facilitate their escape. Then they could land at an airbase and make up some story about how they corrected the problem enough to heroically maintain stability and how it was a shame it didn't happen before the pols abandoned ship :whistle:

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I'll take a Reserve RED HORSE Squadron (Rapid Engineer Deployable Heavy Operations Squadron Engineer... yes they said Engineer twice) for $1,000 Alex.

M16A1s... I was at McConnell in Wichita, Kansas in the mid-90s when we converted to A2s (that was a KC-135 Tanker Wing so we probably were some of the last to convert.) Our Cop Squadron had an equipment requirement for an M79. I can't remember how many tries it took, depot kept sending M203s.
    Someone on here asked me one time if that's where my name and avatar came from. Sadly, this wasn't it but I think the coincidence is really neat.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Someone on here asked me one time if that's where my name and avatar came from. Sadly, this wasn't it but I think the coincidence is really neat.
    You're not a former USAF Civil Engineering troop who was assigned to a Red Horse Squadron?

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    You're not a former USAF Civil Engineering troop who was assigned to a Red Horse Squadron?
    No, I hadn't heard of them when I came up with my name and someone else made my avatar for me a long time ago. I've looked them up since then though, it was a pretty neat learning opportunity.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No, I hadn't heard of them when I came up with my name and someone else made my avatar for me a long time ago. I've looked them up since then though, it was a pretty neat learning opportunity.
    Red Horse is an organization whose reputation proceeds it. From Vietnam to present, work hard, play REAL hard is their rep.

Strange thing about it, they aren't a separate career field. These are mostly Civil Engineer troops with a few support folks thrown in. A lot of CE folks in the base Civil Engineer Squadrons are former Red Horse troops. They won't have anything to do with Red Horse.

Outside the gate at Osan Air Base Korea (Sonton City) you'll find a street called the Aragon Alley. The Red Horse bar is next to the Ammo Troop's bar. Across the alley is a place called Club Easy Riders that had an old Knucklehead in the window. That's a pretty wild place.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Kelly,
    Yes a reserve Red Horse unit we pulled security for them on a secondary Iraqi airfield.

I mean burning vehicles and stray bad dudes running around. They patched up the runway and a Army air traffic control unit moved in. Then Marine Harriers landed to re arm and fuel.

I guess that really is a ” movie level event” I was present and it was real.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Kelly,
    Yes a reserve Red Horse unit we pulled security for them on a secondary Iraqi airfield.

I mean burning vehicles and stray bad dudes running around. They patched up the runway and a Army air traffic control unit moved in. Then Marine Harriers landed to re arm and fuel.

I guess that really is a ” movie level event” I was present and it was real.
    Having a serious flashback here Brad. Late Summer 2003 I was in a conference at Langley with a bunch of Red Horse guys. Big Blue had figured out to not bomb the enemy air base back to the stone age, just put a bomb or two in the runway, when we overrun the base have Red Horse go in, fix the runway, and we'll fly sorties out of the base.

Red Horse has a lot of jump-qualified folks now. Shove the tracked Bobcats out of a perfectly good aircraft followed by the Red Horse troops. Fix the runway, lather, rinse, repeat.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Also, it looks like even with everything moved to the East, the Russians are still stalled..

Ukraine is still making them pay in blood..

And the holdouts in Mariupol still stand.

FRlTygPXoAAhFmz

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Yeah they punched a few holes in the runway the the Red horse dudes ran in to patch them.

But we still had bad dudes running around I shot up a North Korean APC with a .50 while they were pouring concrete.

A SZU 57 was still firing at them I really $hit myself on that one like haul a$$. A Marine Cobra took it out. It was out about 1000 m so we had nothing to hit it.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    One of the most nuts things I have seen. Aircraft rocket pods bolted onto an APC.

Use em if you got em lol. It's not like they're getting anyone aircraft to strap those to any time soon. Looks like a great long range shotgun for covering fire and a short range tank buster.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom