• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just saying. What would we do? Is it still proxy war when there's no proxy?

Certainly difficult to imagine Americans simply shrugging it off. Granted the Russians don't have the same public consent requirements that we do, but our leaders seem awfully overconfident that they can do this openly, brag about it, and there won't be consequences.
    Are you forgetting that what passes for 'leadership' right now appears to want war with Russia/regime change? What leads you to conclude they don't expect consequences?

And while you're remaining distracted by Ukraine:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    All you have to do is click on the link. Takes you right to NBC news.
    Unnamed 'officials' giving information to NBC News, obviously a truthful and unbiased source

Quote from that link you cited. NAMED official denies it
    In a statement released after this story was published, Pentagon press secretary John Kirby said the U.S. did not provide Ukraine with "specific targeting information for the Moskva."

"We were not involved in the Ukrainians’ decision to strike the ship or in the operation they carried out," Kirby added. "We had no prior knowledge of Ukraine’s intent to target the ship. The Ukrainians have their own intelligence capabilities to track and target Russian naval vessels, as they did in this case."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Every time a Pelosi meets with him or a live comm link is established they exponentially increase the possibility of him being targeted

I wish they would chill

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Are you forgetting that what passes for 'leadership' right now appears to want war with Russia/regime change? What leads you to conclude they don't expect consequences?

And while you're remaining distracted by Ukraine:

...Yes, exactly. I've said elsewhere in the thread that I think our leaders are positively gleeful over this war, can't wait to grind down Russian blood and treasure in Ukraine (who cares what happens to the Ukrainians?), and are grossly overconfident that Russia won't hit the US back in a meaningful way.

I think that confidence is misplaced.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Boris: You are too funny Yuri! It's almost time for Dimitri's new Tik-Tok video to premier. Rumor has it he pranked President Z.

Yuri: You mean like when he hired Boris Yeltsin-impersonator to play British Prime Minister?

Boris: That wasn't one of Dimitri's videos, that was on the news.
    1651885697113.png

Boris: I can't believe what I just saw Yuri! Dimitri is the king of pranking on Tik-Tok!

Yuri: I can't believe it either Boris! He really pranked President Z!!

Boris: Where did he find elderly woman who could play drunk AND wear bright blue in a combat zone?

Yuri: And heels!! Who the **** wears heels in a combat zone?!!

Boris: And her entourage... wear do they think they are, the country club!!?? Not one of these clowns are armed!! This is war zone!!

Yuri: Where did Dimitri find that weasel-looking guy? Pathological Liars Are Us?? The white shirt is probably to facilitate surrender. No wonder Sergei is giving him the evil eye.

Boris: I think the guys on the stairs know pranking is going on. Mykola is about to bust out laughing. Pavlo turned around, he is laughing!

Yuri: I'm so glad this was DImitri's latest Tik-Tok prank and not actual American delegation.

Boris: I am also glad of this Yuri. These being actual American legislative leaders would make me want to jump in river south of Chernobyl.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    View attachment 199211

Boris: I can't believe what I just saw Yuri! Dimitri is the king of pranking on Tik-Tok!

Yuri: I can't believe it either Boris! He really pranked President Z!!

Boris: Where did he find elderly woman who could play drunk AND wear bright blue in a combat zone?

Yuri: And heels!! Who the **** wears heels in a combat zone?!!

Boris: And her entourage... wear do they think they are, the country club!!?? Not one of these clowns are armed!! This is war zone!!

Yuri: Where did Dimitri find that weasel-looking guy? Pathological Liars Are Us?? The white shirt is probably to facilitate surrender. No wonder Sergei is giving him the evil eye.

Boris: I think the guys on the stairs know pranking is going on. Mykola is about to bust out laughing. Pavlo turned around, he is laughing!

Yuri: I'm so glad this was DImitri's latest Tik-Tok prank and not actual American delegation.

Boris: I am also glad of this Yuri. These being actual American legislative leaders would make me want to jump in river south of Chernobyl.

putzes....to the very core.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

"We may be generous with our own money, but I ask you what right have we to be generous with the money of our constituencies to help a foreign people? I know of none….

I have no desire to make that man by force of law contribute that is too mean to sympathize and feel sorrow for suffering humanity about him when he can go down in his own pocket and pay for it, and I say that if the men on the floor of this House who want to show their sympathy for a suffering people will go down in their own pockets and foot the bill that they will be properly expressing the sympathy they have in this matter instead of taking the money out of the pockets of their constituents to pay the bill, whether their constituents like it or not…."
    -Oscar Underwood

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    No one is nuts enough to fire nuclear weapons..

He does that, we bring the worlds greatest Shock and Awe fireworks show to his door....

And from the maintenance state of the rest of the Russian stuff, one really has to wonder what state the Russian nuclear weapons are in, or if anyone is really properly trained to arm and use them.

We have been through these proxy wars sooo many times in the Cold War..

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No one is nuts enough to fire nuclear weapons..

He does that, we bring the worlds greatest Shock and Awe fireworks show to his door....

And from the maintenance state of the rest of the Russian stuff, one really has to wonder what state the Russian nuclear weapons are in, or if anyone is really properly trained to arm and use them.

We have been through these proxy wars sooo many times in the Cold War..

When we were helping dismantle nukes over there, they found the missiles and silos in such a bad condition, they figured most of the missiles wouldn't launch.
    Granted, you really don't want ANY of them to launch.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The Ukranian counter offensive is for real, and they are likely to push the Russians in the area back to the border. The russians are spooked and are falling back and sabotaging bridges.

From what I gather, what is enabling these advances, are supremely accurate 155mm western Artillery. That explains the sudden appearance of the 2S22 above. it uses 155mm and not Russian/Soviet 152mm, The west sent a TON of 155mm. If you thought the drones and the Com Block 152 was impressive, the M777 and the 155mm with the drone spotting can put rounds on tank turrets with ease.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom