Not open for further replies.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Explosion cloud in the sky exactly the size you'd expect from a SAM, plane corkscrewing down and trailing smoke like the fuselage has been blown open. Now I ain't no fancy political science educated military analyst, but that sure looks like a shootdown or possibly an onboard bomb.

Guess he won't be collecting his retirement bribe.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Does anyone know for sure the Wagner Group evil ***hole was really on the plane?

Also (not linked, saw it earlier) saw the aircraft manufacturer came out and said they we're supporting the maintenance on the aircraft due to sanctions from 2019.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Does anyone know for sure the Wagner Group evil ***hole was really on the plane?

Also (not linked, saw it earlier) saw the aircraft manufacturer came out and said they we're supporting the maintenance on the aircraft due to sanctions from 2019.

I can think of very few types of catastrophic mechanical failure on a modern aircraft of that category that would leave it uncontrollable and plunging nose first toward the ground trailing smoke. I can think of several types of intervention with explosives that would cause same

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

There's a theory of a second plane. :dunno:
    Prigozhin's body has yet to be identified.

Conspiracy theories that Wagner boss Yevgeny Prigozhin may still be alive have started to gain traction after a second private jet linked to the mercenary leader was spotted flying to Moscow.

He could have avoided an assassination attempt by being on another plane, or even caused the crash to fake his own death.

Registering to be on a plane (to be on the passenger manifest) and then boarding a commercial plane at the last minute, is something he was doing routinely according to some articles I've read.
    Prigozhin also previously faked his own death in Afrca in 2019 before showing his face again three days later.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    There's a theory of a second plane. :dunno:
    Prigozhin's body has yet to be identified.

He could have avoided an assassination attempt by being on another plane, or even caused the crash to fake his own death.

Registering to be on a plane (to be on the passenger manifest) and then boarding a commercial plane at the last minute, is something he was doing routinely according to some articles I've read.

Wasn’t he flying away from Moscow to another country? Maybe Putin faked his death and brought him back to Moscow to be tortured in secret for the next 10 years or so.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    A lot to unpack here...

Military analysts believe it was an S-300 SAM system.

The plane shot down was the first of two following each other.. the second plane turned around and landed.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Honestly I am not sure he was on the plane given his video posted by ABC news from Africa right at 12 hours before the crash. Could have been a delay and yes he could have flown to Russia after making it,but it does raise doubt he was on it.

Also,the US government believes it was a bomb on the plane not a missile.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I don't remember a manufacturer ever getting out in front of a plane going down in these circumstances. Just strikes me as odd.

Note to self: if ever in-charge of a mercenary force, don't fly on anything that can't pop chaff and flares.

Embraer (EMBR3.SA) said it was aware of a plane crash in Russia involving a Legacy 600 aircraft, but it did not have further information about the case and had not been providing support services for the jet since 2019.

"Embraer has complied with international sanctions imposed on Russia," the planemaker said. Sanctions block Western planemakers from providing parts or support for planes operated in Russia.

Pentagon says: the Pentagon is a 5-sided office building. It does not speak. Maybe a Muppet Pentagon at the podium... I'd like that! I'd like that more than the current uniformed spokes-stiff.)

Pentagon says Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin likely killed in plane crash, no evidence of missile attack

Call me old school, but I'm highly suspicious of any USAF officer above the rank of Colonel without Pilot/Navigator wings...

Speaking with reporters on Thursday, Pentagon Press Secretary Air Force Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder said the U.S. would not comment on whether Prigozhin's death was part of a deliberate assassination.

"First of all, our initial assessment is that it's likely Prigozhin was killed," he said. "We don't have any information to indicate, right now, the press reporting, stating that there was some type of surface-to-air missile that took down the plane. But, we assess that information to be inaccurate."

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom