Not open for further replies.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    At the end of all this the big losers are going to be the people living in Ukraine. I think a lot of countries supplying the war aid are going to be tapped out for rebuilding funds, or feeling heat to take care of things at home.

I generally agree but I could see several Middle Eastern countries such a Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, and others more than happy to help rebuild Ukrainian farming infrastructure.

Regards,

Doug

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I generally agree but I could see several Middle Eastern countries such a Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, and others more than happy to help rebuild Ukrainian farming infrastructure.

Regards,

Doug
    Qatar is a net exporter(since 2017 and only imported around every other year prior to that even).

Saudi Arabia has banned Canadian imports,and limits US imports to crops below 5% bug damaged(strict by global standards),their largest grain imports in 2021-22 were from Russia(they are also in the process of joining BRICS,and have a defense pact with Russia now).

Kuwait on the other hand is almost 100% reliant on the US and imports grain from almost no where else.

Even with grain exports flowing from Ukraine at this point less than 3% have made it to Africa(with Egypt filing complaints about unfilled contracts). Almost all of Ukraine's grain the past 2 years has gone to the EU,China,Egypt,and Turkey(in 2021 Egypt was second after China this year they are not in the top 20). The very first ship after the embargo was lifted was supposed to go to Lebanon(#10 country for 2021 grain exports from Ukraine in 2022 not a single shipment likely because they would not condemn Russia) but re-routed "because of a failed grain sale" to Turkey,then on to Bulgaria(then by train to countries in the EU).

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Haven't been following this thread regularly.

What is the current total of property plundered from American taxpayers and ****ed away on this nonsense?

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   1
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

What is the current total of property plundered from American taxpayers and ****ed away on this nonsense?
    Not sure but before we are through we will spend enough to buy all the real estate involved at fair market value, Plus 10% for the big guy.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

It has gotten to insane levels. Not just from the USA but NGO's and private citizens(not just US ones).
    It is also getting much more difficult to track do to NGO funds and the private donations are not public.

From just the US congress we are at a bit over 115 billion(or close to Ukrainian GDP in 2019).

That number does not count use of the draw down authority...which some how includes the pentagon buying 45 Czech tanks(Netherlands also buying 45 so 90 total) to send to Ukraine.

It is interesting though in one way. The Netherlands purchased their part half of the 90 tanks for 125 million,but the USA spent 400 million to purchase the other 45(those tanks were not the only things that needed greased).

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Worth every penny to give Putin and the rest of the Russian Communist Heathens black eye...

As reported the Russians are pulling back from the West bank of the Dnipro River in the Kherson area.
    But unlike previous retreats, this one is a orderly slow retreat, in "good order. Unlike the collapse and routes in Kharkiv and elsewhere.

It will still be a great victory for Ukraine, but there won't be masses of tasty Russian equipment left behind this time.

As to what is next, I do not expect Ukraine to push further south here. The river is an obstacle, and may be more so if the dam is popped.

I expect the Ukranians will push into Zaporizhia oblast next instead. Ether to drive to the sea and cut the Russian holdings in two, or to come down the east bank of the Dnipro and flank the retreated Kherson defenders. Maybe both?

This would put all the southern Russian held areas in jeopardy because of the weakening of the Kerch bridge

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Remember all that hullabaloo over the dam?

Yes it was mined, but only because it was a crossing point. (Like one of the many Bridge and Dams we have on US interior rivers) They poped the explosives today, and no big flood. Only a severed crossing.

FhUj0OYakAAzIw3

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Worth every penny to give Putin and the rest of the Russian Communist Heathens black eye...

As reported the Russians are pulling back from the West bank of the Dnipro River in the Kherson area.
    But unlike previous retreats, this one is a orderly slow retreat, in "good order. Unlike the collapse and routes in Kharkiv and elsewhere.

It will still be a great victory for Ukraine, but there won't be masses of tasty Russian equipment left behind this time.

As to what is next, I do not expect Ukraine to push further south here. The river is an obstacle, and may be more so if the dam is popped.

I expect the Ukranians will push into Zaporizhia oblast next instead. Ether to drive to the sea and cut the Russian holdings in two, or to come down the east bank of the Dnipro and flank the retreated Kherson defenders. Maybe both?

This would put all the southern Russian held areas in jeopardy because of the weakening of the Kerch bridge

communism:​

noun​

1. A theoretical economic system characterized by the collective ownership of property and by the organization of labor for the common advantage of all members.
    2. A system of government in which the state plans and controls the economy and a single, often authoritarian party holds power, claiming to make progress toward a higher social order in which all goods are equally shared by the people.
    Ukraine is way more communist than Russia. It is not even close. One political party. State controls and OWNS all large businesses and industry(by executive decree). All men in Ukraine are conscripts currently.

Unless your definition of communism is different?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis

communism:​

noun​

1. A theoretical economic system characterized by the collective ownership of property and by the organization of labor for the common advantage of all members.
    2. A system of government in which the state plans and controls the economy and a single, often authoritarian party holds power, claiming to make progress toward a higher social order in which all goods are equally shared by the people.
    Ukraine is way more communist than Russia. It is not even close. One political party. State controls and OWNS all large businesses and industry(by executive decree). All men in Ukraine are conscripts currently.

Unless your definition of communism is different?
    When I say that. I don't really mean the failed economic system. Putin and his Oligarchs dont want that, what they want is everything ELSE from the Communist era. Tight Central state control, with an oligarch version of capitalism.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    When I say that. I don't really mean the failed economic system. Putin and his Oligarchs dont want that, what they want is everything ELSE from the Communist era. Tight Central state control, with an oligarch version of capitalism.
    Like ours?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom