Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ironically, that stuff was what that one off prototype the Ruskies lost in combat was made to test.

Of course whatever it had didn't work, well if it was even functional before they sent it to Ukraine.
    Our system is from the Israeli military. It has already been well tested and it works. If we will put it on our tanks.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    And that future is one step closer to Skynet
    JealousCornyBinturong-max-1mb.gif

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Germany sending more stuff to Ukraine.

Achtung! Panzerfaust!

It's funny how most European countries are now seeing the need to arm the civilian population of Ukraine, while being against their own citizens owning guns.

You need a special carry permit just to carry a blank gun in Germany. No idea why it's even a thing ... :scratch:

They have no problem sending stuff that you can't even own legally in the US (modern full auto-machine guns, anti-tank weapons etc) to untrained civilians, yet they don't allow most of their citizens to own a simple semi-auto rifle.

Maybe they should provide guns (and training) to their own citizens (Like Switzerland does), to make sure a future invasion of their own country doesn't happen.

I kinda wish my country was invaded next to get a free HK-G36 and maybe a cool MP5. :dunno:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    It's funny how most European countries are now seeing the need to arm the civilian population of Ukraine, while being against their own citizens owning guns.

You need a special carry permit just to carry a blank gun in Germany. No idea why it's even a thing ... :scratch:

They have no problem sending stuff that you can't even own legally in the US (modern full auto-machine guns, anti-tank weapons etc) to untrained civilians, yet they don't allow most of their citizens to own a simple semi-auto rifle.

Maybe they should provide guns (and training) to their own citizens (Like Switzerland does), to make sure a future invasion of their own country doesn't happen.

I kinda wish my country was invaded next to get a free HK-G36 and maybe a cool MP5. :dunno:
    Be careful what you wish for my friend.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    And that future is one step closer to Skynet

Russia is already making war robots based on sci-fi movies.

They introduced that thing in 2018 ... looks a lot like the huge robot in Robocop.
    It's only missing guns but it's made by the Kalashnikov Group ... they make small arms and robot, so I'm sure they can combine the two.

_108837226_gettyimages-1020610570.jpg

24f82d8093583ed441fedd5e32f6ccf9.jpg

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    A long way to go yet before they develop AI good enough for that.

Bull pucky... a system to destroy any human in sight would be a trivial task.

The computational power only gets hard when you have to decide between threat/non-threat.

Adding such capability to make autonomous robots would be a moral decision, not a technical one.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

They introduced that thing in 2018 ... looks a lot like the huge robot in Robocop.
    It's only missing guns but it's made by the Kalashnikov Group ... they make small arms and robot, so I'm sure they can combine the two.

Robosaurus is a transforming dinosaur robot created by inventor Doug Malewicki in 1989 and originally owned and operated by his company, Monster Robots, Inc.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Bull pucky... a system to destroy any human in sight would be a trivial task.

The computational power only gets hard when you have to decide between threat/non-threat.

Adding such capability to make autonomous robots would be a moral decision, not a technical one.
    That's the problem it would have to know who not to destroy if governments use them instead of humans.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

_108837226_gettyimages-1020610570.jpg

24f82d8093583ed441fedd5e32f6ccf9.jpg
    Presumably it has the same issue with stairs...

Tall things get shot first on the battlefield. That's why you hug the dirt, that's why the battle gnomes live longer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom