Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    They may have considered it a dead end, or not worth bothering with anymore.

Because the Russians are working with something that may be the future, especially considering the ATGMs on the field.

Meet the T-14 tank.
    T-14_prototype_from_above.JPG

This is a blank sheet design, and is interesting in that. The turret is man-less. Its a three man crew that sit away from the boom boom stuff in the front of the tank. So if a Javelin pops the turret, the guys get out and get away.
    The scary thing is, because the turret is automated.. there is nothing to keep this thing from being made into a "Tank Drone", and future plans may include that. The crew drives to the battle, gets out just before, and commands the tank from the safe rear into battle.
    Nah, if the turret gets popped the guys get over pressured and over temperatured and leak out through the drain holes in the bottom of the hull; I suppose that could be construed as getting out and getting away.

This would be their great tank that had to be towed out of their May Day parade because they couldn't even get it to drive down the street.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yes. But... you can read of actual disasters that have happened.

Heck, I lose power in my neighborhood several times a year.
    Sometimes minutes, sometimes hours, sometimes days.
    Yet, my neighbors will be commenting that I am "lucky" I have a generator.
    No. I'm not "lucky".
    We've got three generators. Just bought the third this year. It's called being prepared not lucky.

Amazon product ASIN B00HVF3JGO
    You can get a 12,000 watt generator for $170 a month for 5 months. Very affordable and powerful.

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Nah, if the turret gets popped the guys get over pressured and over temperatured and leak out through the drain holes in the bottom of the hull; I suppose that could be construed as getting out and getting away.

This would be their great tank that had to be towed out of their May Day parade because they couldn't even get it to drive down the street.
    Its had some teething problems yes, But the crew compartment is physically separated from the turret and ammo compartment. While I doubt it would be pleasant, the guys probably would be able to stumble out of the tank.

Thats if they dont indeed make the thing a Tank Drone.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Financial collapse coming. Hate him or love him. It’s true. They have defaulted. First time ever in history this has happened.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Probably not gonna be popular, but whatever…
    Don’t you think there is also a cost to the constant drumbeat of fear coming from every angle?
    I get what you’re saying, we can’t live in denial, but how long, individually and as a society, can we go on with fearmongering done in the name of ulterior motives? There are surely large adverse affects, societally and individually, of over-preparation, don’t you think?
    The level of prep is an individual choice based on personal perceptions and knowledge, just like most things. To the extent that such considerations encourage careful and considered choices I don't think they hurt anything.

For instance, I rate the damage that would be done to my family's future by taking all of my investments into gold or some other supposed collapse-proof asset to be worse than what I view as the chances of such an actual full collapse happening. In that case there is not much spectrum available between too prepped and not prepped enough

I also don't prep much to survive a full scale nuclear war, because I hope I'm within the primary blast radius of such an event. I don't see much upside to trying to create a post-apocalyptic life or much possibility for success, either

But I do not mock anyones preps because they must be free to to set their own comfort levels, limited by their resources. Thus if I disagree with someones level of doom and gloom I won't always feel the need to publicly disagree with them and I habitually don't discuss anything about my own plans publicly, anyway

I see a double-edged sword - perhaps enough doom and gloom might spur some people to really think about a collapse or erosion of normalcy, balanced against similar people being turned off by inaccurate predictions of said doom. IMO it is better to be too prepared than not enough, so I favor predictions that are wrong in their estimation of how bad things might become to prediction made with rose colored glasses

The main point I wanted to make was mocking peppers is akin to whistling past the graveyard

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm not preparing for a nuclear holocaust. I'm not worried about it. I'm ready mentally and spiritually if it happens. If it does happen I'll be sad for my family, friends, and country.

I prep for tornados taking down the electricity for weeks or a few months. I prep for food shortages that Biden warned about. I prep for looters etc.

Anything out of my control or anything I can't help control I try not to worry about.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My wife gets so mad at people that make those comments, like “must be nice to be able to do (insert thing here)”. Yeah it is and it didn’t happen overnight nor was it easy.
    Twilight Zone season 3 episode 3 (Shelter) had a good line in it.
    Neighbors freaking out because he won't (can't) fit everyone in.
    And he yelled at them that while they were having parties and spending all their money, he was saving and spending it on the shelter. And that they sat there and called him names for it, TILL THEY NEEDED IT.

line at 3:25

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Twilight Zone season 3 episode 3 (Shelter) had a good line in it.
    Neighbors freaking out because he won't (can't) fit everyone in.
    And he yelled at them that while they were having parties and spending all their money, he was saving and spending it on the shelter. And that they sat there and called him names for it, TILL THEY NEEDED IT.

line at 3:25

Sounds like a re-telling of the story of the grasshopper and the ant.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom