Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    Don't forget lead, gunpowder, and whiskey...all good for trade.
    With widespread use of marijuana, some choice buds might be as good as whiskey. Take up less space and lighter.
    Whiskey is dual use — recreation, disinfectant and temporary pain killer, but so is MJ — recreation and pain killer.
    Hmmm. Might be the best cash crop in SHTF times, with the best trade value / acre.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, the CNN article and Forbes seem to be in disagreement about the Stinger missile. This article from Forbes claims the Stinger is out of production. Also, it mentions the plant in Iowa that makes Javelin warheads and how it needs modernized and better security.

CNN wouldn’t be trying to protect the Biden administration by putting a positive spin on this would they?

Of course.
    Are they going to build a factory that can build thousands a day, and then idle it?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Land and food, most definitely. Gold? Not so much.

“At no time has gold been used as a medium of exchange of a crashed economy since the Roman Empire.” - Dave Ramsey

We ain't going back to a gold standard, and if the economy collapses to the point that the US dollar is worthless, ain't nobody going to trade their food stores and toilet paper for shiny trinkets. In that scenario, the best precious metals to have on hand are brass and lead.
    This guy has an interesting look at our financial situation both domestically and as it pertains to the rest of the world. In a different video he talks about the demographics of both Russia and China and how the war between Russia & Ukraine is going to accelerate the dissolution of both Russia and China. According to him, yeah, we're going to be hurting in the next few years, but the _world_ is going to be in MUCH worse shape. If you don't think this guy is full of it, check out the hour-long lecture he gave to military officers (looks like possibly the Army War College.)

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    This guy has an interesting look at our financial situation both domestically and as it pertains to the rest of the world. In a different video he talks about the demographics of both Russia and China and how the war between Russia & Ukraine is going to accelerate the dissolution of both Russia and China. According to him, yeah, we're going to be hurting in the next few years, but the _world_ is going to be in MUCH worse shape. If you don't think this guy is full of it, check out the hour-long lecture he gave to military officers (looks like possibly the Army War College.)

In the video you posted he talks about how milleneals will save the USA from demographic decline until 2050 by being consumers. How is a milleneal buying an iphone from China going to help us economically? For that matter where does he get milleneals can replace those retired boomers?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/05/mil...han-boomersdespite-being-better-educated.html
    They never have earned what boomers do. It is not even close. It was not until 2018 that the millenial population passed the boomer population for the first time and currently millenials only outnumber boomers by around 1 million or so(72.1 million millenials vs 71.6 million boomers in 2019).

The guy then goes on to talk about how much pain we are in for as the Fed tightens,and blows it off just as quickly as temporary. He mentions the 15% of GDP per year we have been adding to our deficit,and briefly touches on how long it has been a problem(mentions before even Obama debt was a problem)...then ignores it almost completely as he paints a picture of the USA being in much better shape than Europe or Japan through his rose colored glasses. 2022 will likely be the first year in history where our INTEREST payments on our national debt will be over 1 trillion,if they manage to kick the can(think longer term rates 10 year instead of say 1 year treasuries)then it still will happen just a little later. It of course will only get larger as the Fed rate increases. We are far from being in better shape than Europe or Japan.

4 major economies in the world are in great shape. They have a real surplus. They produce more than they consume in resources and goods. Just four. Denmark,Norway,China,and Russia. That is it,those are the only net exporters.

He mentions in the video the world needs producers and consumers. It does. It really does, but everyone seems to want to be a consumer(it started rolling during the Tudor era and the USA prosperity of the 1950s spread the image of how wonderful it was to whole new generations all over the planet). Now most dream of consuming.Not what can I make? What can I build? What can I grow/mine? No,the world(western) has turned into a people trying to live the Tudor life,without the base behind it(peasants to do the work). It is unsustainable.

If we continue the consumer path instead of the surplus path we will only continue to see the decline in our standard of living and before we know it the tudor dream will be gone and we will see a generation wake up to realize they are the peasants(they will not be happy about it).

Last edited:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Of course.
    Are they going to build a factory that can build thousands a day, and then idle it?
    I did some research and the Stinger does seem to be out of production in the US. They stockpiled a few thousand and are waiting to develop a next generation MANPADS. It looks like it is in production under license in Germany and Turkey however.

Edit: I did see an article that stated Raytheon received a contract to build more Stingers dated 2021. I didn’t see any specific numbers listed.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I did some research and the Stinger does seem to be out of production in the US. They stockpiled a few thousand and are waiting to develop a next generation MANPADS. It looks like it is in production under license in Germany and Turkey however.
    Probably also built NOT under licence is a few other countries as well, just like a lot of military hardware.

Turkey is making a lot of guns without licence, from Benelli "style" shotguns to copy of the HK-MP5.

top-best-mp5-clones.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    No idea if it's true ... :dunno:

A RUSSIAN commander has reportedly killed himself after finding out that 90 per cent of his unit's infamous Z tanks are useless.

Ukraine claimed the commander of the "13th tank regiment" shot himself upon realising the majority of vehicles in his unit were unusable due to parts being stolen.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I'm inclined to believe the part about the tanks and vehicles. I don't think the Russians were very proficient in securing parts and maintenance and logistics.. Those three aspects will bring any campaign to a screeching halt if not executed properly..

Last edited:

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Fertilizer prices 1993-present (Source Bloomberg terminal 3/25/2022)

I’m a small part time farmer. Spring of 21 I paid $7000 for dry fertilizer on 150 ac of corn.
    September of 21 I pre bought dry, same amount for $20,000
    They just offered me pre order, paid up front in August for fall 22- winter 23 application $25,000
    No thanks, I’ll take my chances in 23 or do something different

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I’m a small part time farmer. Spring of 21 I paid $7000 for dry fertilizer on 150 ac of corn.
    September of 21 I pre bought dry, same amount for $20,000
    They just offered me pre order, paid up front in August for fall 22- winter 23 application $25,000
    No thanks, I’ll take my chances in 23 or do something different
    What would happen to your yield/profit margin without fertilizer?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm inclined to believe the part about the tanks and vehicles. I don't think the Russians were very proficient in securing parts and maintenance and logistics.. Those three aspects will bring any campaign to a screeching halt if not executed properly..
    Having worked with WRM (war reserve materiel) three different times in my USAF Supply days, I have to think this provides the sharp contrast between the professional force (particularly in the Enlisted Corps) of the US Military and the corrupt worthless bags of excrement that make up the Rooskie military.

More to follow

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Twilight Zone season 3 episode 3 (Shelter) had a good line in it.
    Neighbors freaking out because he won't (can't) fit everyone in.
    And he yelled at them that while they were having parties and spending all their money, he was saving and spending it on the shelter. And that they sat there and called him names for it, TILL THEY NEEDED IT.

line at 3:25

I think the actor on the left (at 3:25) is Grandpa from Willy Wonka

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

Saw this the other day on the news. Seems I wasn't the only one that didn't think Putin would invade Ukraine, the Russian Military didn't think so either. Makes me feel better. Makes sense, Putin asks if military is ready.....whose going to tell him no....and then why?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Having worked with WRM (war reserve materiel) three different times in my USAF Supply days, I have to think this provides the sharp contrast between the professional force (particularly in the Enlisted Corps) of the US Military and the corrupt worthless bags of excrement that make up the Rooskie military.

More to follow
    I agree with the contrast. Seems to me the Russian "military" is an undisciplined hodge podge cobbled together in all aspects rather than a cohesive professional force.

Last edited:

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    What would happen to your yield/profit margin without fertilizer?
    That’s a good question, in a nutshell, organic.

Long story short.
    Soil is like a bank, you can store nutrients and even grow nutrients if you feed and care for it properly. I think livestock, especially a ruminate animal can be very beneficial to the health of soil.
    Another is the type of plants we raise corn and soybeans are not enough we need more diversity
    Our grandfathers knew this before commercial fertilizer and we have somehow forgotten and got lazy. Maybe this is a good wake up call

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It's the part about the officer killing himself over the maintenance issues that I'm not sure about.

Reactions: KG1
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom