Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Lowered fee..

$4B gets Putin dispatched.

The window is open for others.
    You are still not getting it. 4 Billion what? US Dollars?
    Our world reserve currency status is done,we handed it to Russia and China.

Aside from that your answer to our(DC) first temper tantrum is to throw another one to destabilize the country with the most nukes on earth?

Now if WW3 actually did start and somehow managed to stay non-nuclear which countries allies can manufacture what is needed for a long war? May as well count Germany out,because without Russian gas they can not even turn on the lights in a factory(unless it is a bright sunny windy day,and they blackout the civilian population).

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Aside from that your answer to our(DC) first temper tantrum is to throw another one to destabilize the country with the most nukes on earth?

Now if WW3 actually did start and somehow managed to stay non-nuclear which countries allies can manufacture what is needed for a long war? May as well count Germany out,because without Russian gas they can not even turn on the lights in a factory(unless it is a bright sunny windy day,and they blackout the civilian population).
    I heard Israel was selling natural gas to Egypt and they then sold it to European countries.
    I cannot provide confirmation so it is hearsay. However, I would not put it past them to do that.

Just found this so not hearsay.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I heard Israel was selling natural gas to Egypt and they then sold it to European countries.
    I cannot provide confirmation so it is hearsay. However, I would not put it past them to do that.

Just found this so not hearsay.
    Egypt imported 12.6 Million metric tons of wheat last year,most all of it from just 3 countries. Russia,Ukraine,and Kazakhstan(the last being an ally of Russia). Do you think they will export gas to Europe if Russia asks them not to?
    4 countries on earth control more than 40% of all wheat exports. They are Ukraine,Russia,Kazakhstan,and Belarus. 3 of that group are allies,and Ukraine is currently being invaded. Not sure but I am pretty certain you can count on all BRIC nations to not export to anyone helping NATO,including Brazil(the later exported 2.5 million tons of wheat last year).

Last edited:

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy

I don't think Putin is stupid, and I don't think he's crazy. I do think, however, that he realizes he has an advantage over a country that is now led by a weak and mentally incompetent leader. I think that he knows that the extra time it would take for those to convince our moron in chief to push the nuclear button, or to replace him with someone who would, would be measured in enough minutes or even hours that would give him the adavntage.

I've said it before here, but in my 57 years on this planet, I've never thought we were closer to nuclear war than we are right now.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Egypt imported 12.6 Million metric tons of wheat last year,most all of it from just 3 countries. Russia,Ukraine,and Kazakhstan(the last being an ally of Russia). Do you think they will export gas to Europe if Russia asks them not to?
    4 countries on earth control more than 40% of all wheat exports. They are Ukraine,Russia,Kazakhstan,and Belarus. 3 of that group are allies,and Ukraine is currently being invaded. Not sure but I am pretty certain you can count on all BRIC nations to not export to anyone helping NATO,including Brazil(the later exported 2.5 million tons of wheat last year).
    Until then Egypt is exporting LNG to European countries. I have a feeling at some point Israel will do so directly which will cause Russia to get angry with them and possibly attack Israel.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Until then Egypt is exporting LNG to European countries. I have a feeling at some point Israel will do so directly which will cause Russia to get angry with them and possibly attack Israel.
    per your article Egypt can produce 12.2 million tons of LNG per year or 34,546,552.842 Cubic meters.

The EU used 469.6 billion cubic meters of natural gas in 2019.
    So with zero shutdowns the two Egyptian LNG plants functioning perfectly year round they can meet almost 3% of the EU need(if they had enough ships to keep loading as well,they do not). If every LNG ship on earth did nothing but transport gas to the EU non stop as fast as they could move it would not be enough to replace even half of the gas they get from Russia. It is almost a pointless conversation.
    The EU need to embrace nuclear, start their own wells/drilling where they can for oil and gas,and dig coal again.The EU has the resources to be energy independent,they do not have the will and support to actually use them. If that sounds familiar it is because we are doing the same in the USA(idiotically).

Primer on how difficult and time consuming it is to move LNG by ship.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    They did. You just do not understand it.
    US debt in 2019 was a bit over 9 trillion
    US debt now is over 30 trillion.

Number of failed banks in 2020 on the FDIC list 0 because they received that 21 trillion first to hand out.

Fed balance sheet now exceeds 35% of US gdp,and our federal level debt is 128% of our gdp.
    That does not count state or municipal debts or US house hold debt(combined they are over 50 trillion).

I said it in 2012. No economy on earth will ever work for long as a service one. If you do not make things,grow things,or mine things you do not have a real economy. Ours was held up with the petro dollar after the collapse of Brenton woods(Saudi deal set that in motion),and by military power.
    We just lost the Saudi deal as they are trading in Yuan and Rupee as of last week. Europe now has to buy gas in Rubles(and they have no choice). To get enough Rubles they have to buy them(like everyone had to buy dollars for oil),and Russia is offering to sell them Rubles,for gold(since the Euro and US dollar are worthless to Russia because of sanctions).

I mentioned here(INGO) the day we restricted Russia from SWIFT children were in charge in DC and we were effectively blowing our own foot off,and that if I wanted to kill the USD that is how I would have done it.

You can mock or what every you want to feel better,but I was not wrong then and in less than two years it is likely almost no country on earth but us will want to trade in US dollars,unless we have WW3(even then many will not want dollars). Guess we will see who is correct.
    I've said it before. I agree 100% that it was a huge mistake to restrict access to SWIFT. It's like restricting the flow of the US currency backed global system which is the life's blood that sustains our prominence.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Careful what you wish for. The dems have the failsafe in place. Biden could well be a genius compared to Kamala?

If Trump had ran for Congress...? And this Nov. the R's take the house.....Trump could of been picked the leader. Then if the Senate got a few seats.....Biden impeached, Kamala I'm sure has lots of skeletons and she gets impeached and whamo!.....Trump is president again....LOL. But you would have to get the FBI, CIA, and DOJ approval to do any of that first. Then they would have to check with China and make sure it was ok to do so before letting Congress do that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    1. Russia: US$7.9 billion (17.6% of total wheat exports)
    2. United States: $6.32 billion (14.1%)
    3. Canada: $6.3 billion (14%)
    4. France: $4.5 billion (10.1%)
    5. Ukraine: $3.6 billion (8%)
    6. Australia: $2.7 billion (6%)
    7. Argentina: $2.12 billion (4.7%)
    8. Germany: $2.1 billion (4.7%)
    9. Kazakhstan: $1.1 billion (2.5%)
    10. Poland: $1 billion (2.3%)
    11. Romania: $948.8 million (2.1%)
    12. Lithuania: $910.7 million (2%)
    13. Bulgaria: $699.2 million (1.6%)
    14. Latvia: $649.2 million (1.4%)
    15. Hungary: $630.6 million (1.4%)
    Source

Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, and Belarus (who didn't make the list) combined, exported < 30% of wheat exported worldwide. Eight of the top ten wheat exporters are either NATO countries or allies of NATO countries. Though Russia can indeed impact world wheat prices a great deal. It's not like they're able to embargo NATO nations in a supply threatening way.

Russia needs income to fuel their somewhat pathetic military. An embargo hurts them probably more than it hurts NATO nations, other than food prices will rise. The price of Wheaties is going up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom