Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Ukraine is not an ally, not a NATO member, and has no formal defense agreements with the US. Why is this being talked about at all?

Am I getting sent to Europe to protect Hunter's crack money and steady supply of underage Ukrainian whores?

Exactly.

I wonder what is coming through the borders of the united States....You know, the ones the ******* are supposed to be defending through its delegated authority? There is even less focus on that right now.

The central states demonstrates its declining importance and increasing uselessness with each passing day. Dissolve it.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Biden Casually Says Food Shortage "Going To Be Real" As Necessary "Price" Of Anti-Russia Sanctions​

Remember me mentioning China sending out olive branches and money to Africa and the middle east? I missed an area....let us just call it eastasia for now.
    "Beijing has reached a deal with the Solomon Islands to station Chinese military and police personnel on the island, dramatically altering the balance of military power in the Pacific, and potentially re-orienting the small island nation toward Beijing, and away from Washington and Canberra."

The US Treasury auctions have flat gone insane. It is madness. Nothing like what we are seeing has happened before. I have watched the US Treasuries market for decades myself. A single failed auction can have a negative impact,but to have over night REPO below the fail charge is something that has never been seen,not even in 2008. No one has a clue how bad the chain of events being set off will be,but it will not be good for the USD or us.

"As shown in the chart below, two bills and 2 Year Note are trading at or below the Fail Charge (-2.75%); bills maturing on 6/23 averaged at -2.55% on Tuesday and -3.10% yesterday, while year bills (2/23/23) averaged at -3.20% two days ago and -0.95% on Wednesday, and even July 12 bills trading slightly Special averaging at -0.50% yesterday."

Attachments

• 2Y overnight rates.jpg
      2Y overnight rates.jpg
      15.1 KB · Views: 2

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Thursday, Austrian Chancellor Karl Nehammer said that talk of immediate boycott of Russian energy is both “unrealistic and wrong,” adding that “it doesn’t work. Austria gets 80% of its gas from Russia."

Diesel Crisis In Europe Worsens As Austrian Energy Giant Limits Sales​

CEO of Trafigura Jeremy Weir, which has recently fielded billions in margin calls and has warned that commodity trading houses risk imploding absent a central bank bailout, put the final nail in the coffin warning that "the diesel market is extremely tight. It’s going to get tighter and will probably lead into stock outs” referring to when fuel stations run dry.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    $5B gets this theory tested.
    I wouldn't even send my spare change jar to defend Ukraine, or test my limited knowledge of Russian tactics and training.

And I don't even have a spare change jar.

I just throw my spare change on the kitchen table. Someone in the house will snag it. Hopefully it's not the dog. ;)

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I wouldn't even send my spare change jar to defend Ukraine, or test my limited knowledge of Russian tactics and training.

And I don't even have a spare change jar.

I just throw my spare change on the kitchen table. Someone in the house will snag it. Hopefully it's not the dog. ;)

My apologies if my offer was construed as an attempt to defend the government of Ukraine.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Chemical weapons can be exceedingly effective if you have the means for your own troops to deal with it, and it has a short useful life span on the battlefield.

Have your troops suit up, drop a few bombs, then most if not all of the resistance is wiped out and you can mop up what's left.

It really just depends on the chemicals.

But no, in the Ukrainian conflict this wouldn't achieve desirable results. Russia wants to hold SOME of that territory, and if they **** people off too much, then it won't be possible to govern that territory.

But for instance, if we got involved, dropping chemical weapons on poorly equipped Russian platoons would absolutely devastate them with little to no consequence for our own troops who will be issued equipment to properly protect themselves.

The main goal of chemical weapons is to not destroy the area but deny it to the enemy, or remove the enemy.
    Chems... I think I spent one enlistment at MOPP 2 or higher. I remember enough to know if you're trained for conducting operations in a chemical environment (it is not easy,) are equipped to operate in a chemical environment (would you trust your life to a $25 gas mask?)

Weather: not only for how the chems work, but cooler the better. Not too cold, but not hearing your sweat gurgle out of the exhaust valve on your mask is great.

Untrained/unequipped? You will die.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You can’t make this up. The “Tiger Team” will decide on military action and not uncle Joe. What happened to commander and chief?

A Tiger Team? Holy **** that's the answer for every clueless member of managementship.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    A Tiger Team? Holy **** that's the answer for every clueless member of managementship.
    LOL, Tiger team. It's sissy talk. Hyena team? Ok, I don't like labels related to animals, but I'd be more likely to join a team like that. Group up and murder, or capitalize on the murders others have committed.

How about developing something with a generic name that is impossible to Google and gain intel on. Call it an "Alpha Team", and shut the F up about it. Don't tell the press about it.

There was a story on Foxnews earlier, I didn't even read it, about how Green Berets were operating or assisting in Ukraine. WTF is wrong with our government, releasing S like that to the press? Are they trying to derail operations and get people killed?

Transparency for military operations, but all other government actions remain sealed. This is not how a country should be run.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    LOL! My team at work is called "Tiger Team". We get assigned the "quick fix needed now" projects. :):
    It's morphed a bit in the DoD, mmm no that's exactly what it was before. Problem? Set up a Tiger Team! Very much in vogue in the 80s IIRC.

Sounds like you have a permanent task force set-up. This is an oxymoron, task forces are limited in duration... oh crap it's a big permanent Tiger Team!! :runaway:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There was a story on Foxnews earlier, I didn't even read it, about how Green Berets were operating or assisting in Ukraine. WTF is wrong with our government, releasing S like that to the press? Are they trying to derail operations and get people killed?

Transparency for military operations, but all other government actions remain sealed. This is not how a country should be run.
    Same bunch of OBummer admin retreads who outed SEAL Team 6 after UBL assumed room temperature.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    LOL, Tiger team. It's sissy talk. Hyena team? Ok, I don't like labels related to animals, but I'd be more likely to join a team like that. Group up and murder, or capitalize on the murders others have committed.

How about developing something with a generic name that is impossible to Google and gain intel on. Call it an "Alpha Team", and shut the F up about it. Don't tell the press about it.

You just knew how ****ed up **** was back when the media was already on the beach waiting for Spec Ops shoving the camara in their faces when they landed in Somalia.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom