Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Still waiting for Ukraine to gamble a few of their planes on a Doolittle and hit something deep inside Russia.

Considering the extent of Russia's SAMs, I think that'd even be risky for the top US stealth bombers. Much less some conventional 4th gen fighters.

It'd be a grumble fireworks show.

It's not that they're the best, it's the amount of them.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Still waiting for Ukraine to gamble a few of their planes on a Doolittle and hit something deep inside Russia.
    They did so back in February with the same Ballistic missile system that nailed the ships today.
    They hit Millerovo Airbase in Rostov Oblast, Russia back on Feb 25.

Remains the only Ukrainian strike sent outside of Ukraine.

Using aircraft would be a suicide run. Only thing I would consider using are the few SU-24 Ukraine has, and they are more valuable in Ukraine, then a strike they can and have done with ballistic missiles.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    ouuuuuch.. Ukraine got the intel to launch the missiles from Russian TV....

FOo5eiBWQAY6RhX

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I’m a little surprised to see the guy with blue tape and an ar. I’d think ammunition and mags would be a little scarce with all the Soviet bloc stuff around.
    Nato support has sent some of that stuff into the conflict.

While I don't think its as common as the com bloc stuff, its out there.

arty8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2020
    Indianapolis
    So far, I'm glad the US is staying out of this fight. It's not a NATO treaty country, and despite the war drums everyone is beating, the US needs to stay out of Ukraine. Just studying the history of Russia, Ukraine and the misguided NATO expansion is pretty depressing. Our founding fathers had the right idea. I would not expend a single American life for corrupt Ukrainian politicians.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Many news outlets are reporting that Ukraine is going on a counter offensive, the attack on the ships just part of it.

I could have never imagined that Russia could be losing this badly.
    I could.

It's been a long time since I was in the Army, and even longer since the fall of the USSR, and even longer than that since I was an Infantryman.

Way back when there was a USSR, and I was an Infantryman, we received a lot of training and intel briefs about the tactics and capabilities of Soviet forces. Bottom line was, they had a lot of troops and equipment, but their training was poor, and their equipment was inferior.

Their average troops, and It appears to still hold true, were given very basic combat training, and were not taught any leadership skills at the lower ranks. If you were to take out their squad leader or platoon sergeant, the unit would be thrown into chaos, with no one having the ability to step up and lead.

One of my favorite things to do when I was serving as an observer/controller in training would be to "God Gun" a squad leader or platoon sergeant the second any conflict began. Take them out of the fight, see who steps up and leads the unit and how fast they do it. US troops train like that, and the USSR didn't, and I'm willing to bet the Russians don't either.

Add that doctrine to the fact that Russian ground forces are much smaller in number than they were under the USSR, and you get what we have now. A force with a reputation that exceeds its capabilities.

I don't see this going well for Russia, and I have some concerns about what will happen when everyone, including Putin, comes to the realization that it is not going as well as some people expected it might.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom