• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    You've unwittingly insulted everyone that doesn't share your belief system, perhaps a bit of tact would help.

The converstaion at the time was about how NDs happen. I simply stated 3 simple ways to avoid them. Also, people are dumb ****s and break rules everyday. That my friend is a fact.

As for tact, you may want to do some self examination. Just up thread you questioned a posters intellect which is why I posted my original comment about backhanded name calling.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Interesting choice of words you use there again. What is the name of the organization you represent?

Judging from your "civility" in this forum, I don't think so.

I am not representing any organization. I am an individual who is posting his thoughts. Sorry that you choose to take this route, but that is your right.

I will say that your comments have not helped to make your case. When a person resorts to smart assery and name calling, it signifies weakness in the argument. Yes this thread is full of comments from you that support this.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    The converstaion at the time was about how NDs happen. I simply stated 3 simple ways to avoid them. Also, people are dumb ****s and break rules everyday. That my friend is a fact.

As for tact, you may want to do some self examination. Just up thread you questioned a posters intellect which is why I posted my original comment about backhanded name calling.

You're confused. Intellectually reconciling a concept is not a matter of intelligence.

Being unable to intellectually reconcile a perceived "contradiction" is a matter of mental syntax, not intelligence.

Now for one more tidbit, From the NRA Instructor website:

NRA Instructor courses are discipline specific. During the course, candidates will learn NRA policies and procedures, basic public speaking skills,

'Basic public Speaking Skills.............

Education and Training|Become a NRA Firearm Instructor

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I am not representing any organization. I am an individual who is posting his thoughts. Sorry that you choose to take this route, but that is your right.

I'm sorry, I was under the assumption that you were associated with an organization that trains shooters? Do you know what the organization (that you are not representing,:rolleyes:) policy is on the Four Rules of Firearms Safety?

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I'm sorry, I was under the assumption that you were associated with an organization that trains shooters? Do you know what the organization (that you are not representing,:rolleyes:) policy is on the Four Rules of Firearms Safety?

Why can't you discuss things without the sarcastic emojis? As I said up thread, grow up.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    What is the name of the organization you are associated with?

I am associated with many organizations, but that is irrelevant to this discussion. I am point blank asking you to be a man and stop with the smart ass comments and name calling. When you are ready to discuss this matter with class, I will re-engage with you, and be pleased to discuss the finer points of every organization I am a member of. I'll even share the ideologies I agree and disagree with within each one.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I am associated with many organizations, but that is irrelevant to this discussion. I am point blank asking you to be a man and stop with the smart ass comments and name calling. When you are ready to discuss this matter with class, I will re-engage with you, and be pleased to discuss the finer points of every organization I am a member of. I'll even share the ideologies I agree and disagree with within each one.

What is Revere's Riders policy on the The Four Rules of Firearms Safety?

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Yet once again, I am an individual and am not a spokesperson for any organization. So please stick to my beliefs and how they differ from yours without the childish antics. I personally don't care who you represent, which club you belong to or anything else about you beyond this discussion. So why are you so obsessed with mine? Let us be adults, argue with civility and try to sway each other's opinions/beliefs.

Show me where the 3 safety rules have failed and someone was injured or killed.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg

As for RR, they subscribe to the 3 safety rules as written by the NRA. If you'd like more information regarding RR, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have either in person, over the phone, via email or through PM. However, this thread is not about them so please direct all further questions via the modes of communication listed above.

As for my belief, I believe in the 3 safety rules, and I have yet to experience or hear of anyone having an accident who adhered to these rules.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

...I personally don't care who you represent, which club you belong to or anything else about you beyond this discussion...

It is obvious that you'd like to keep your association with Revere's Riders quiet in the wake of your false accusations and insulting behavior. You are who you are though, public and posting in the Revere's Riders forum right here on INGO.

Does Revere's Riders condone such behavior in the instructors associated with them?

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    It is obvious that you'd like to keep your association with Revere's Riders quiet in the wake of your false accusations and insulting behavior. You are who you are though, public and posting in the Revere's Riders forum right here on INGO.

Does Revere's Riders condone such behavior in the instructors associated with them?

You are funny. How did I insult you? By pointing out that you called people names and posted smartass emojis? You cannot defend your belief so you resort to childlike behavior. I am sorry for making you feel insecure in your belief and making your true colors show. Again, when you are ready to discuss this matter in an adult fashion, pm, email, call, or meet me for lunch. I'll even buy.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You are funny. How did I insult you? By pointing out that you called people names and posted smartass emojis? You cannot defend your belief so you resort to childlike behavior. I am sorry for making you feel insecure in your belief and making your true colors show. Again, when you are ready to discuss this matter in an adult fashion, pm, email, call, or meet me for lunch. I'll even buy.

I'm real sure we won't be crossing paths in any form or fashion.

But good luck to you sir, and to those you instruct.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I'm real sure we won't be crossing paths in any form or fashion.

But good luck to you sir, and to those you instruct.

That is your choice, and I hope you are being sincere. I do guarantee that they will know the trinity of safety.

The offer I sent via PM is a standing offer, and I'll personally pay your admission fee to any class you care to take. I won't even attend the event if that would make you feel better.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I really hate when I'm forced to put the mod hat on.

This is your official in-thread warning. :mods: Cut the snark, cut the vitriol, cut the anger out of these posts so I or one of the other mods doesn't have to.

I get that this is a "hot button" for some people. I understand why: We're talking about how to keep people from getting extra holes in them.

Even so, talk about the issues and the facts, not about personalities. What you think of someone else in this thread is irrelevant to what's being discussed.

If you're about to post something and it's even a little crappy, stop. Write it out, save it on your computer, and give it 12 hours. When you come back, think about it again.

I recently did this myself. Long post. Saved it, let it ride for 12 hrs. Came back, thought about it for another 12, and finally just deleted it.

If you can't speak civilly to others, use your ignore list. We can disagree without being disagreeable.

I count some of you in this thread as friends, both on here and in the real world. I really, REALLY don't want to have to apply this to anyone, but especially not a friend. That won't stop me from doing it, however.

The choice is yours.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom