• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    When they say a jury of your peers, does that refer to political party?

id like my jury to be republican gun owners please!

Borock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm on the fence here. I don't think carrying openly isn't a good thing. In the past, a few bad people have made honest gun owners/carriers look bad and carrying an AR15 openly can be scary to some people. Is it within his right to do so? Yes. Is it smart? No. We all know that OC can be an invitation for bad things to happen to us. Even when trying to stay alert to our surroundings, someone could catch us off guard, disarm us and have their way with our firearm. Is OC legal (if properly licensed of course)? Yes. Is it smart? No.

There you go. My two cents.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm on the fence here. I don't think carrying openly isn't a good thing. In the past, a few bad people have made honest gun owners/carriers look bad and carrying an AR15 openly can be scary to some people. Is it within his right to do so? Yes. Is it smart? No. We all know that OC can be an invitation for bad things to happen to us. Even when trying to stay alert to our surroundings, someone could catch us off guard, disarm us and have their way with our firearm. Is OC legal (if properly licensed of course)? Yes. Is it smart? No.

Uh-oh

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I just watched the dash cam footage....I think the officer came on a little too strong from the start. Not sure if he was responding to a dispatched call or what. He should have explained what was happening a little better. Like it or not if someone called in about this guy walking down a road like he was in Iraq maybe "they" were alarmed. Dunno. But IMO this CJ Crisham is a world class nut job. Watch his other video's from youtube. Watch the one where he is arrested for having the fake gun at the capitol. His cohorts on video seem to be one step away from being the new Timothy McVeigh. This Crisham cat is IMO a big mouth baiter looking for a confrontation. It seems he has found a few. There are better ways to go about what he and his group are attempting to do that to go about baiting LE into a confrontation. Guys like him hurt the 2nd amendment cause almost as bad a some of these messed up shooting incidents. People don't like his kind of radical extremism and it turns them against us pro 2nd folks. No sympathy for him from me and he is definantly a disgrace to the NCO corps.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wonder if Texas Law has something similar to our IC 35-41-3-2(i-k).
    Well, from what I saw in the video I didn't think he did anything that he should have been arrested for. Yet he was convicted of "interfering". Even if TX had such a law, you think that jury would have seen it his way if he'd have defended himself?
    Our veterans deserve better treatment than this.

Humans deserve better treatment.

Veterans deserve no better than an other American citizen. Rights apply equally to all. We need to get away from this idea of protected classes.

Exactly. While I appreciate the service and we owe those who put themselves in harms way a debt of gratitude, the law should be applied and people should be treated equally.

I just watched the dash cam footage....I think the officer came on a little too strong from the start. Not sure if he was responding to a dispatched call or what. He should have explained what was happening a little better. Like it or not if someone called in about this guy walking down a road like he was in Iraq maybe "they" were alarmed. Dunno. But IMO this CJ Crisham is a world class nut job. Watch his other video's from youtube. Watch the one where he is arrested for having the fake gun at the capitol. His cohorts on video seem to be one step away from being the new Timothy McVeigh. This Crisham cat is IMO a big mouth baiter looking for a confrontation. It seems he has found a few. There are better ways to go about what he and his group are attempting to do that to go about baiting LE into a confrontation. Guys like him hurt the 2nd amendment cause almost as bad a some of these messed up shooting incidents. People don't like his kind of radical extremism and it turns them against us pro 2nd folks. No sympathy for him from me and he is definantly a disgrace to the NCO corps.

I think whatever else the guy did or does outside of this event is irrelevent. What's relevant is what happened.

The officer behaved in a provocative way. The cop did more baiting than the guy did. As was mentioned both sides failed, but the cop caused the thing the guy was accused of. I suppose if you wanted to, you could probably coax some people into doing something you could arrest them for. But you don't do that becuase that's not what cops do, right?

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Veterans deserve no better than an other American citizen. Rights apply equally to all. We need to get away from this idea of protected classes.

As a veteran I agree.

he should be treated better, just like everyone else in that scenario should be treated better.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011

I believe you were looking for this?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nse/318880-open-carry-incident-vincennes.html

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

I won't take the bait. I won't take the bait. Oh, what the hell!
    You don't think that OC isn't a good thing? So in your opinion OC is a good thing. In the past MANY people have made people who drink loll like bad people, doesn't mean all people who drink are bad. Carrying ANY firearm to some people is scary. Does that mean we should give up our rights becausd it scares Scarity McCrapsmyself? I will do whatever is in my rights when I feel like it. You can't tell me I can't, sheeple can't, and police can't. If it it's a right, it's fair game. I don't think it's a good idea to OC either. I think it's a great idea. I can exercise your rights and educate when possible, all while being a good image for gun owners. We all know that CC delays your time to get to your firearm. It doesn't matter how well you CC, someone will find out. Hope it's not the time that some robs a store that you're in. He saw it, you think he didn't, now he's got the upper hand because he knows you have the gun while you think you'll sneak it out of the holster. Is CC legal? Absolutely. Is OC legal? Absolutely. Then why do you care that In OCing? I don't care that you're CCing or not carrying. It's your choice. It's your life. Just like it's my choice and my life. Now quit giving a **** what I do and let me get on with my life.

/rant

No purple intended. Read as written.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I won't take the bait. I won't take the bait. Oh, what the hell!
    You don't think that OC isn't a good thing? So in your opinion OC is a good thing. In the past MANY people have made people who drink loll like bad people, doesn't mean all people who drink are bad. Carrying ANY firearm to some people is scary. Does that mean we should give up our rights becausd it scares Scarity McCrapsmyself? I will do whatever is in my rights when I feel like it. You can't tell me I can't, sheeple can't, and police can't. If it it's a right, it's fair game. I don't think it's a good idea to OC either. I think it's a great idea. I can exercise your rights and educate when possible, all while being a good image for gun owners. We all know that CC delays your time to get to your firearm. It doesn't matter how well you CC, someone will find out. Hope it's not the time that some robs a store that you're in. He saw it, you think he didn't, now he's got the upper hand because he knows you have the gun while you think you'll sneak it out of the holster. Is CC legal? Absolutely. Is OC legal? Absolutely. Then why do you care that In OCing? I don't care that you're CCing or not carrying. It's your choice. It's your life. Just like it's my choice and my life. Now quit giving a **** what I do and let me get on with my life.

/rant

No purple intended. Read as written.

You are slurring your speech, have you been drinking?

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    From what little I know of Texas law, the guy was within his rights to walk down the road with his firearm. He did, however, act like an ass about it to the cop. (who was also an ass) Let's face it, you **** off someone, they find a way to get you back. When that someone you **** off, is a cop... you're joined to an object by an inclined plane wrapped helically around an axis.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I've watched the video a few times, the officer walks up and grasp this guys weapon. Like I've said in the past, who trains these guys? Any idiot should know you don't walk up to someone OC'ing and just grasp their weapon. And of course things go down hill from that point on. I've tried to put myself in this guys shoes, I'm walking somewhere, and a officers walks up and goes for my weapon. Not sure what I would do. My instinct would be to protect it. Which is what this poor guy did. Just seems the local authorities are now mimicking the federal government, we'll just do what we want, regardless what the constitution says.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Yeah, why am I imagining a guy dressed up like an officer, fake badge and everything....grabbing the firearm of someone open carrying. Isn't that considered assault in most places? You don't see people doing that to police officers who are carrying...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah, why am I imagining a guy dressed up like an officer, fake badge and everything....grabbing the firearm of someone open carrying. Isn't that considered assault in most places? You don't see people doing that to police officers who are carrying...

Fake car complete with all the lights and decals of the local agency? Meh, that's too much work.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom