• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The mear fact that the guy did not bow down in fear of the law is resistance. When the law is within your sight you must bow down to it and not look it in the eye, not voice any concern and show utmost respect. Else expect a boot on your throat for your lack of respect to bow down. Know your place and bow and/or knee if needed!

:rolleyes:
    my purple is broken today for this story...

im not sure purple is necessary. Witness the attack on the mini-van in Nevada. It always boils down to immediate and unquestioning compliance by the sheeple. Any deviation from that, regardless of the individual's right to do so, is usually met with some level of blustering yelling, shoving, or threatening escalation.

I'm on the fence here. I don't think carrying openly isn't a good thing. In the past, a few bad people have made honest gun owners/carriers look bad and carrying an AR15 openly can be scary to some people. Is it within his right to do so? Yes. Is it smart? No. We all know that OC can be an invitation for bad things to happen to us. Even when trying to stay alert to our surroundings, someone could catch us off guard, disarm us and have their way with our firearm. Is OC legal (if properly licensed of course)? Yes. Is it smart? No.

There you go. My two cents.
    your two cents have apparently lost value due to inflation because that's the same old, tired argument anti-OCers try to trot out every time this comes up.

From what little I know of Texas law, the guy was within his rights to walk down the road with his firearm. He did, however, act like an ass about it to the cop. (who was also an ass) Let's face it, you **** off someone, they find a way to get you back. When that someone you **** off, is a cop... you're joined to an object by an inclined plane wrapped helically around an axis.
    Who acted like an ass first? By all accounts, it would be hard to argue it was anyone other than the cop. I don't care who you are,you don't just walk up to someone and make an attempt on his firearm. I get so tired of hearing the "if you're respectful to LE, they'll be respectful in return." Just once it would be nice for someone to acknowledge that since the LEO is initiating the interaction, HE sets the tone for the whole affair. Just because you have the authority and power to behave like a Richard doesn't mean you should.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Anybody else notice how "safely" he disarmed the guy of his handgun!
    This is one cop that deffinitly needs some retraining!

I believe the cop had his pistol buried in this guys side the whole time he was shoving him around. This could've been alot worse . Definitely needs some training!

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Regardless on who is right and who is wrong, I was shocked the cop paid no attention to the son, and allowed the man to hand off his camera to his son. If the guy and his son were up to no good, this cop would not had stood a chance.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Regardless on who is right and who is wrong, I was shocked the cop paid no attention to the son, and allowed the man to hand off his camera to his son. If the guy and his son were up to no good, this cop would not had stood a chance.
    That is what crossed my mind. Does anyone else remember this incident with the son and the rifle? Seems like officer safety wasn't that officer's strong point.

[video=youtube_share;ikDsWtNQzcg]http://youtu.be/ikDsWtNQzcg[/video]

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Just to throw in my 2 cents on the ole' OC/CC issue: I had a ride a long recently with a Hamilton County Deputy. And I asked him about OC vs CC. Guess what? He completely surprised me! Good thing I had a seat belt on, or I woulda fell outa my seat! He gave me the complete lecture on the 2A, and how the OC'rs were on the "leading edge"..... the "vanguard".... of protecting our rights. Sure they generate problems at times. Guess what? So did our forefathers! The founders of this country were generally considered to be "rebels"..... many considered them to be "wackos". BUT... THEY were the individuals that had the moxie to create our Country. Wow.

You coulda knocked me over with a feather..

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Name me one incident where an OCer "generated problems" that wasn't initiated by LE telling him he couldn't/shouldn't or a sheep being scared of an inanimate object.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    The residents of a prison do not have the same legal rights as a free citizen (such as the right to keep and bear arms).

You are only technically correct. Prisoners have MORE rights than Joe blow walking down the street. The roaches sue over EVERYTHING to the point where there is a state law regulating how many cardboard boxes they can own. YOU will never have that much legal protection. YOU can loose your rights - THEY never will.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You are only technically correct. Prisoners have MORE rights than Joe blow walking down the street. The roaches sue over EVERYTHING to the point where there is a state law regulating how many cardboard boxes they can own. YOU will never have that much legal protection. YOU can loose their rights - THEY never will.
    At least Joe Blow is walking down the street. Probably don't see too many prisoners freely doing that.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You are only technically correct. Prisoners have MORE rights than Joe blow walking down the street. The roaches sue over EVERYTHING to the point where there is a state law regulating how many cardboard boxes they can own. YOU will never have that much legal protection. YOU can loose their rights - THEY never will.
    They have already LOST a fair portion of their rights. (And it's 'lose, not 'loose.') I know you're trying to illustrate the absurdity of the allowances inmates are granted, but to call them "rights" and to say that inmates have more of them and the freedom to exercise them in comparison to the average citizen is beyond absurd. Example: no state law exists regulating how many cardboard boxes I can possess. I can have as many or as few (or none) as I want. I don't need permission or special favors from lawmakers to get it done.

What is the code for that cardboard box statute? I am curious how legislators have wrangled up the legal-ese to regulate this triviality.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Just to throw in my 2 cents on the ole' OC/CC issue: I had a ride a long recently with a Hamilton County Deputy. And I asked him about OC vs CC. Guess what? He completely surprised me! Good thing I had a seat belt on, or I woulda fell outa my seat! He gave me the complete lecture on the 2A, and how the OC'rs were on the "leading edge"..... the "vanguard".... of protecting our rights. Sure they generate problems at times. Guess what? So did our forefathers! The founders of this country were generally considered to be "rebels"..... many considered them to be "wackos". BUT... THEY were the individuals that had the moxie to create our Country. Wow.

88GT;4606410[B said:
    ]Name me one incident where an OCer "generated problems" that wasn't initiated by LE telling him he couldn't/shouldn't or a sheep being scared of an inanimate object.[/B]

RELAX.... You missed the point. Obviously, OC problems are caused by poor responses from LEO's and sheeple. The point the Deputy was making was kudos to the OC'ers for standing up in what they beleive in..... and, what they beleive in, happens to support our 2A Rights and benefits us all.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    RELAX.... You missed the point. Obviously, OC problems are caused by poor responses from LEO's and sheeple. The point the Deputy was making was kudos to the OC'ers for standing up in what they beleive in..... and, what they beleive in, happens to support our 2A Rights and benefits us all.
    No, I didn't miss the point. I'm just questioning the premise. I have doubts that someone who can point the finger at OCers for starting trouble really supports them the way he claims to.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    No, I didn't miss the point. I'm just questioning the premise. I have doubts that someone who can point the finger at OCers for starting trouble really supports them the way he claims to.

I guess I need to re-learn the English language. Let me try to make this clear: Nobody is pointing fingers at OC'rs. Nobody is accusing them of starting trouble. SOMETIMES, they are the VICTIMS of poor LEO and SHEEPLE responses. That is NOT the fault of the OC'r. I apologize if you think that I or the deputy involved are/were denegrating/degrading/defiling/accusing OC'r's. That is flat wrong.

The ONLY purpose of my original post was to show how strongly a LEO felt in favor of OC, and to PRAISE those people out on the leading edge of this issue.

Last edited:

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Name me one incident where an OCer "generated problems" that wasn't initiated by LE telling him he couldn't/shouldn't or a sheep being scared of an inanimate object.

Well, there was that one time.. at band camp.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I guess I need to re-learn the English language. Let me try to make this clear: Nobody is pointing fingers at OC'rs. Nobody is accusing them of starting trouble. SOMETIMES, they are the VICTIMS of poor LEO and SHEEPLE responses. That is NOT the fault of the OC'r. I apologize if you think that I or the deputy involved are/were denegrating/degrading/defiling/accusing OC'r's. That is flat wrong.

The ONLY purpose of my original post was to show how strongly a LEO felt in favor of OC, and to PRAISE those people out on the leading edge of this issue.
    :orly:

Somebody clearly thinks they are the source of trouble. The question is this: Was it you, the LEO, or this Nobody character you've talked about. :):

Top Bottom