• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    :orly:

Somebody clearly thinks they are the source of trouble. The question is this: Was it you, the LEO, or this Nobody character you've talked about. :):

I think the rub lies in how each of you might define "generate problems".

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Semantics doesn't bridge the gap. The argument is still premised on the assumption that but for the act of OCing, no trouble would ensue. It's not the act of OCing. It's the asshattery among LEO and the public.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    :orly:

Somebody clearly thinks they are the source of trouble. The question is this: Was it you, the LEO, or this Nobody character you've talked about. :):

Listen... I get it. You don't like my English. "Generate".... obviously, I should have said "bring about", "are the occasion of" " or "result in". You choose to knitpick and focus on that one word in my many worded statement. That's your right. Have at it. Knock your socks off! I have apologized. All I can say is what I said before:​The ONLY purpose of my original post was to show how strongly a LEO felt in favor of OC, and to PRAISE those people out on the leading edge of this issue.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Listen... I get it. You don't like my English. "Generate".... obviously, I should have said "bring about", "are the occasion of" " or "result in". You choose to knitpick and focus on that one word in my many worded statement. That's your right. Have at it. Knock your socks off! I have apologized. All I can say is what I said before:​The ONLY purpose of my original post was to show how strongly a LEO felt in favor of OC, and to PRAISE those people out on the leading edge of this issue.

not everyone wears socks.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Tough topic here. I would say in general. The gun you see on the citizen carried legally is not the gun to fear. Almost every Police Officer I know is a good person with a really hard job. All that said, getting bullied by anyone cop or otherwise shouldn't be acceptable.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I truly am not a police hater, and believe that the vast majority of officers have a difficult job that they make an honest attempt to do well. In this case they failed. The officer should be terminated, perhaps he should be a prison guard. The supervisor should be demoted, and the verdict needs to be overturned. The prosecutor should be fired, and an apology with settlement should be given to the law abiding citizen of what used to not be a police state. All of this is my not so humble opinion.
    I agree with everything you have stated here...except maybe for one small part: the officers having a difficult job. I was a law enforcement officer for four years. I never found it to be a difficult job. I did get out of it and chose a different career field, but not because it was hard. I spent a lot of boring nights driving mixed with some real adrenaline rushes.

Rehab

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Half the officers try to get you to do things that your not legally required to do. If everyone stood up to them than we wouldn't have those types of problems.

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    g00n24,

the guy was found guilty of "“interference with duties of a public servant," by a jury. :faint:
    Makes me wonder if there is a point in those that say would rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6. As it appears those 12 (in this case 6) are :sheep: as well.
    So in the end he was doommed anyway.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? We are supposed to be judged by a jury of our peers but I doubt anyone on that jury carries a firearm on a daily basis and I would be shocked if any of them ever carried a firearm out of their home.

Top Bottom