• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Not sure why the officers there thought he had a permit, I could not find one. Makes me feel better. I have yet to find an officer who didn't think the customer did a great job. Even my supervisor was smiles about it.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Not sure why the officers there thought he had a permit, I could not find one. Makes me feel better. I have yet to find an officer who didn't think the customer did a great job. Even my supervisor was smiles about it.

:yesway: OK, I know you can't trust the news to tell the truth.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I don't poopoo the customer's hit ratio. How many here have shot while in the mist of an adrenaline dump, or performing ANY task for that matter? If you do not train for it or have experience dealing with it, you will be lucky to hit ANYTHING you aim for. It is easy for us to sit here and criticize his aim but in reality he did well. BTW, the bad guy was shot in the arm as well.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    You're probably right on that point for sure. He obviously stopped the threat, so +1 for him. It would just save us, the tax payers, money if he was a better shot ;)

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Next time a sheep walks into a store that has one of the "No Firearms Allowed", the sheep should ask himself if that sign would be more likely to stop somebody like Mr. Perry or that thug Ortiz.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Seriously? No charges will be filed FOR NOW for the guy risking his own neck to interrupt a felony crime? Well thank you very much IMPD and Mr prosecuting attorney. If this guy was an off duty cop everybody would be celebrating him as a champion. The mayor would probably give him the key to the dang city for sticking his neck out for john and jane tax payer. But because he's a responsible, law abiding, concealed carry "citizen" who's taken it upon himself to provide for his own safety, he's subject to this idiotic scrutiny and threatened with the possibility of prosecution.

Outstanding point under the wrtv news column. I can't believe there are people that witnessed this and still think that people should not be able to carry a gun. Wow.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Some, um, "people" (I use the term loosely) simply have a knee-jerk reaction. They're not "thinking" in the common sense of the word. Now, this BG is probably well guilty of plenty to disallow him from a LTCH, but you must obtain an actual conviction. I'd rather it be that way if I were in question. The problem is that the "justice" system is all too willing to let things slide when they shouldn't, but really stick it to the otherwise "good guys" that just get in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's either laziness or malice, but it's unbecoming.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Seriously? No charges will be filed FOR NOW for the guy risking his own neck to interrupt a felony crime? Well thank you very much IMPD and Mr prosecuting attorney. If this guy was an off duty cop everybody would be celebrating him as a champion. The mayor would probably give him the key to the dang city for sticking his neck out for john and jane tax payer. But because he's a responsible, law abiding, concealed carry "citizen" who's taken it upon himself to provide for his own safety, he's subject to this idiotic scrutiny and threatened with the possibility of prosecution.

Outstanding point under the wrtv news column. I can't believe there are people that witnessed this and still think that people should not be able to carry a gun. Wow.

Easy, you don't think that the police and prosecutor are going to come out and say we applaud his actions. They are probably thinking that and I do to. The prosecutor will have to look at all of the information, talk to witnesses, look at scene and then will probably come out and say no charges will be filed. When I say no charges will be filed I mean that they will feel this was a justified shooting. Police officers will and do go through the same thing when they are involved in similar cases. I strongly applaud his actions.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I was listening to the scanner when this went down. Great job to the citizen and LEOs involved!! I wish the news would report these things positively.

Top Bottom