• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    You have it exactly backwards. Those who OC just do it. Then we take a crap load of abuse about how it is a bad idea from a group of people who have few to no facts to back up their views but have plenty of theories. Why does how I carry my gun bother so many people who claim to be pro 2A? You either believe in freedom or you don't.

amen Coach

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    You have it exactly backwards. Those who OC just do it. Then we take a crap load of abuse about how it is a bad idea from a group of people who have few to no facts to back up their views but have plenty of theories. Why does how I carry my gun bother so many people who claim to be pro 2A? You either believe in freedom or you don't.

:yesway:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have not read the 25 pages completely.

If OC is a bad idea why do combat soldiers and cops not conceal?

Could it be because there are no rules in a gunfight? Could it be because I can have the gun out and fire a shot before more people can get their cover garment cleared? Is it because we are not all equal and some people have special rights?

I carry a gun because I am prepared, trained and willing to defend myself from and attack. If my gun being visible paints a bigger target on my back then so be it. I don't think it does. But if you think so ok. I am willing to take on that extra pressure.

If my gun being visible causes people to be afraid that is not my fault. It is their fault for having a cowardly soul. I OC often and I have not had any problems. If I see someone giving me the eye and looking concerned I greet them with a friendly tone and go on about my business.

OCing does not make someone an assclown. Being an assclown does that. James Yeager making statements about being drawing attention to themselves is funny, and way beyond irony.:patriot:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere

Could it be because there are no rules in a gunfight? Could it be because I can have the gun out and fire a shot before more people can get their cover garment cleared? Is it because we are not all equal and some people have special rights?

I carry a gun because I am prepared, trained and willing to defend myself from and attack. If my gun being visible paints a bigger target on my back then so be it. I don't think it does. But if you think so ok. I am willing to take on that extra pressure.

If my gun being visible causes people to be afraid that is not my fault. It is their fault for having a cowardly soul. I OC often and I have not had any problems. If I see someone giving me the eye and looking concerned I greet them with a friendly tone and go on about my business.

OCing does not make someone an assclown. Being an assclown does that. James Yeager making statements about being drawing attention to themselves is funny, and way beyond irony.:patriot:

INDEED :rockwoot: :yesway:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

I tried to rep you again but I am not allowed...btw, I never like Yeager...

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I am starting to realize something.

OC is to gun ownership, as staying a virgin till marriage is to Christianity.

Only the hardcore, die hard, sold out guys do it, and then they look down on everyone else who doesnt.

It also occurs to me, that its possible in either scenario, to be too fat to have much choice in the matter.

Wow, I like this analogy.

Please elaborate. I have seen no evidence of this on INGO. To the contrary, I see hundreds of OC'ers simply trying to keep their right to choose and help educate citizens while CC'ers wish to bash them for it and further arm the "anti" crowd without any facts, merely opinions.

QFT
    ---

Said it before, I'll say it again. To steal a quote from the tattoo crowd:

The only difference between OCers and CCers is that OCers don't care if you CC.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I think we should have a panel of experts for all of our freedoms. And it should be required by law , that we consult them/get their blessing, before we exercise them.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    I tried to rep you again but I am not allowed...btw, I never like Yeager...

It's ok, I got him for you. I agree 100%. I've never understood why people have such a hard time with how someone else chooses to defend themself or their family. We are all pro carry here, so start acting like it. I'm a very outgoing and level headed person that enjoys a good conversation with other people. I've had good interactions with people about firearms and personal rights from OC'ing. Much more so than the very few times anything negative has popped up. Like TF's avatar says....CC/OC, to those who choose to carry, we salute you. All the back and forth nit picking really reminds me of middle school pissing matches. I choose to not belittle those that have a different viewpoint than mine. CC or OC, I don't care, as long as you carry.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    So Jim Tomes is a "Fudd". The gentleman instrumental in getting a LIFETIME CCW.

:rolleyes:

You, sir are clueless.
    My first Correction for you Chesh, is that Indiana has never had a CCW, let alone a lifetime CCW. Indiana Has a LTCH (License To Carry Handgun) the States Law is silent on how you as an Individual Chooses to carry, if you want people to not know then cover it and carry concealed, if you don't care wear it open. Your choice...

My Second correction is Tomes, is not one of the 9 Names I recall Sponsoring the bill through either the House or the State Senate for the Lifetime LTCH...
    -The only piece of 2A legislation I am Familiar wit from Sen. Tomes is SB 292. And he has been back pedaling on it since it was passed...

Now prove me wrong... :popcorn:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Don't get worked up Bob. It doesn't matter how many facts are presented, these guys will argue like a liberal based on feelings.

It must give them some sence of value as being an internet message board expert. They aren't lawyers, attorneys, LEO's.. I'd be willing to bet most have not even taken 1 single training course, yet they are experts on the subject.

The crowd that attended the seminar are the gun owners that are to be looked up to for wanting to educate themselves, and be responsible. As all 4 guys on the panel said, the best weapon sits on top of your shoulders. Several posters in this thread seem to be packing jennings :):
    You are so right, I am wasting my money seeking knowledge of the Law from Several Reputable Attorneys that specialize in Firearms Laws of this State, Contry, and even at the International Level. I should have just gone to a Seminar and paid what $10 and listened to several persons, 1 Senator who Co-Sponsored 1 2A Friendly Bill, 2 Attorneys that espoused their Opinions without Law to back them up, and the Former Police Chief and SWAT Member of a Town of what 9,000 people. Yeah TONS of experience and knowledge to be gained there...

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Since when was it required to have a law to back up an opinion? Just saying...

Required? Not usually.

However if you are a speaker at an event hired because of your profession it is useful to base your position on facts. The facts for a lawyer are the IC and case law.

Giving your opinion INSTEAD of the facts is a disservice to the members in attendance. Giving your opinion in ADDITION to the facts is to be taken with an appropriate amount of salt.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Can anyone find a post in all of INGO where an OCer has genuinely chastised a CCer for concealing? This is not a two way street here gentlemen. This thread is about concealers railing against OCers for their method of carry and for disagreeing with a panel of experts on their opinions on how we should carry.

Since so many insist that execising part of my 2A right is the only way to go, I suggest we go back to the beginning of this thread and each of us edit our own posts by deleting every other word...

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    IDriver
    Top Bottom