Road rage and self-absorbed douchery on the roadway on the rise?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    giphy.gif

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    It's all fun and games until they kiss the windshield.

Too bad they have to take out innocents with their stupid ass.

Yesterday, I caught the tail end of a news report that some auto manufacturer/software developer/game developer (didn't catch who exactly) had developed a way for people to play video games on their in-dash video display. :dunno: :dunno::dunno:

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Yesterday, I caught the tail end of a news report that some auto manufacturer/software developer/game developer (didn't catch who exactly) had developed a way for people to play video games on their in-dash video display. :dunno: :dunno::dunno:
    Found the article.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Found the article.

I've never understood the logic behind banning cell phone use, while making the center console displays closer and closer to big screen tv's in new vehicles. :nuts:

wsmith1indy

Guitar Guy
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2021
    Carmel
    At first I thought it was just because I'm in an unmarked and people do stupider things without an obvious cop car around, but given the uptick in shootings on the interstate I think it's more than that. A few weeks ago I was on my way in to work so about 0600 and nearly empty streets. I saw a guy cut another car off for no reason. He just passed him then immediately cut him off then sped off again. I thought maybe he was nodding off, but he did it to two more cars. The third car was having none of it and chased him. I stayed back just to see if it was going to turn into something I needed to radio the real police for and when they approached a red light and stopped traffic the initiating car drove through the grass to get away.

Today I watched a truck and van monkey dance on the west side on 465. Complete with flipping off out the window, gesturing to pull over to fight, etc. The van pulled into the fast lane and forced the truck to slow down a bit, not cut him off just slow down. Learn to adult better.

And finally, not road rage but an irritant and possibly ruined someone's day even more, stupid semi drivers just can't stay out of the 3rd lane on 465. Two semis were in the 3rd lane creating a backup that was probably 1/2-3/4 mile long...and an ambulance was trying to work through the logjam. The self-absorbed or self-appointed traffic wardens forget that emergency vehicles actually don't have to follow the speed limit, are probably in a hurry, and you could literally be killing someone by delaying first responders. Tools.
    Nobody seems to have any consideration for others anymore.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    My wife's Jeep has a touch screen radio. I hate it. Give me knobs and buttons.

Takes me 5 screen clicks to turn off all the nanny-controls in my Subaru, every time I start the car. I don't want the auto-shutoff at stop lights, nor the laser shining at my eyeballs to yell at me when I glance sideways, etc...

The tech is amazing though, as is the 280 HP out of a 4 cylinder, while still getting 30 mpg.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The foot controlled headlight dimmer was a lot better than those magic wands...

I had an IHC Scout that I pushed the dimmer switch *through* the floor pan once. I was unpopular as I drove the rest of the way home with brights on. I took an old street sign from the local scrap yard and fashioned a new floor pan (a combination of wire mesh, bondo, and that sign worked like a champ).

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Takes me 5 screen clicks to turn off all the nanny-controls in my Subaru, every time I start the car. I don't want the auto-shutoff at stop lights, nor the laser shining at my eyeballs to yell at me when I glance sideways, etc...

The tech is amazing though, as is the 280 HP out of a 4 cylinder, while still getting 30 mpg.

One of my first purchases for the new Gladiator was a "tuner". Let me turn off pretty much everything.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I was passed on Girl's School Road between Rockville Road and Tenth Street.
    I was doing 38 in a 40 mph zone rather than the 55-60 the other driver wanted to run.
    I hope he or she doesn't kill anybody.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom