Road rage and self-absorbed douchery on the roadway on the rise?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I have a "friend" who does this, or just about anything else, to SAFELY scare the :poop: out of a driver that's in the wrong. By the way, said "friend" does this in a 128,000 pound fuel tanker.

For folks that pull up way past the white stop bar at a stop light in the left turn lane, I, I mean my "friend" will purposely take the right hand turn as wide as possible and make them back up. Then they usually flip the driver off.
    Be careful when doing this. A few years ago a guy in a semi hauling coal did this and the idiot did not back up. So the semi driver went over the idiots hood with a set of duals. Too bad the idiot was the local "I'll sue at the drop of the hat guy". Not sure how that lawsuit turned out but a local judge finally told the idiot he could file no more lawsuits unless he the judge approved. The idiot then moved away so he could sue again.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    9-1-1 as "dial-a-dad" has been an issue long before I was in law enforcement, and absolutely it is.
    Yeah the ex-wife did that with our youngest daughter, 17 at the time, one day because she "wouldn't do what I told her to do", shortly after our divorce. Boy did THAT cause a ship storm!!!

I had to attend the mandated counseling and when the moderator asked me if I felt like I shared any responsibility in the incident I told her no because the ex-wife ALWAYS allowed both daughters to run all over her in spite of the fact that they always did as I expected.

You don't know how much I enjoyed seeing her (ex-wife) reap what she sowed. :rockwoot:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    And what the hell is this new thing leaving 2 car lengths between you and the next car at the light. Have 3 people do this and several behind them are not making the damn light.
    That's their anti-terrorism training; you always leave enough room in front of you so you can escape a trap. In the movie "Clear and Present Danger" there was a very good example of what can happen otherwise!

:lmfao:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah the ex-wife did that with our youngest daughter, 17 at the time, one day because she "wouldn't do what I told her to do", shortly after our divorce. Boy did THAT cause a ship storm!!!

I had to attend the mandated counseling and when the moderator asked me if I felt like I shared any responsibility in the incident I told her no because the ex-wife ALWAYS allowed both daughters to run all over her in spite of the fact that they always did as I expected.

You don't know how much I enjoyed seeing her (ex-wife) reap what she sowed. :rockwoot:
    That you had the opportunity to shove that where it belonged is priceless.
    I had to attend mandatory counciling when I had just all I could take in court and told everyone what I thought about it. Not the best move in my part but at the end of the last session the shrink agreed with me and said I did good to not explode sooner.
    That episode was the end of me doing anything nice for that waste of oxygen.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah, the stop WAY back and then inch, inch, inch thing drives me bonkers. I pull up and stop. That's it. If the folks in front of me creep up, I'll just end up with 30'+ in front of me.

Think I picked up that habit when a drove a manual.

The real trick with driving is to just be predictable. Don't leave crazy gaps, don't ride someone's ass, don't turn when you shouldn't, or not turn when you should. Use signals, stay in your lane, and follow the "rules of the road". It is all the unpredictable behavior that grates on one's nerves and ends up in a collision.
    I would add to that 'Drive deeper into the corner before you turn in and turn in harder. Your arc through the corner should not pass through the outside corner of the opposite (my) lane'

Jamie-K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2021
    Kosciusko County
    The "uptick" is everywhere!
    Living in Northern Indiana (close to US 30) isn't going to save you from these Idiot drivers. And then you also have to deal with the drivers ( Car & Semi ) who believe a traffic signal turning Red is just a suggestion for others, not them. :ugh:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I’m reading all the posts about people trying to scare bad drivers. Do you all realize the result is just that they think YOU are the idiot driver?

"This guy is being unsafe, so I'll increase the risk and that'll teach him to be unsafe."

There's no logic in that. I'm afraid he'll cause a crash so I'll take steps to make the crash a bit more likely. It's ego driven. I had some dillweed try to road rage me on I-65 a few weekends ago. I have no idea what made him cranky, he was behind a semi and I passed them both on the left then he came flying up on me and started swerving around like an idiot. I took the offramp one earlier than I was planning. He won. Cool. I didn't get in a crash, I didn't get in a shootout, I was maybe 2 minutes later getting home. Who gives a ****?

Fun fact: My son laughs at me because when I bitch at people in traffic now I do so in a way that sounds insulting in tone but affirming in words. "That light won't get any greener, you person of great worth and value." The over the top affirmation to replace whatever insult first popped into my head amuses the both of us and it's hard to be ticked off when you're laughing at the absurd.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I consider it a breach of common courtesy when people who have all day, five days a week, retired people, choose to clog the stores on evenings and weekends.
    If the left gets their way with socialized medicine, there won't be as many around to bug you. Scrooge, "Then maybe they should just do so and decrease the surplus population!" Bah, humbug! Just a hint, trying to change other people's desires to live their lives the way they want in freedom, is a pillar of ultraliberal thinking! Merry Christmas!:nopity:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If the left gets their way with socialized medicine, there won't be as many around to bug you. Scrooge, "Then maybe they should just do so and decrease the surplus population!" Bah, humbug! Just a hint, trying to change other people's desires to live their lives the way they want in freedom, is a pillar of ultraliberal thinking! Merry Christmas!:nopity:
    I referred to it as "common courtesy". Wanting people to be polite is not political in the least. Courtesy is not a liberal concept, making laws to force what you want is.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ease up just a bit on the throttle peoples. Tensions are running high in here.
    Nobody hates a douche bag idiot driver worse than I do so I don't share every action I have taken when encountering 1 or more of them. I fear the high regard you have for me will be damaged.....:lmfao:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I consider it a breach of common courtesy when people who have all day, five days a week, retired people, choose to clog the stores on evenings and weekends.

Just like when my retired neighbor mows his grass on Sunday, when I have people over for a cookout. And it takes ALL. FREAKIN. DAY.

I'm like, Dude, really? You got the whole darn week! :dunno:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    As to driving, I think it's best to let my modern car handle most of it. It goes like this:

- pull up to stop light. Forget about light - start texting - car shuts down automatically.

- just keep texting, head down.

- light turns green - keep texting, head down.

- car alerts me when people ahead start pulling away - such a smart car. OK, time to go.

- take foot off break, car finally starts up, time to go.

- me and the two cars ahead of me, doing the same thing, get thru the light - it's all good.

The benefit of this approach is that only 3 cars make the light, and we've got the whole road to ourselves for awhile. Modern driving at it's finest.

Apply Purple, if you're so inclined.

Top Bottom