• ...and so much more!
  • gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...One-handed I've never even tried. I'm sure that will be humbling even more.
    Thanks for posting a pic of the gun & the targets: I really enjoy it. :thumbsup:...

Thanks.

Shooting offhand is made easier with a very light trigger. I can't hold steady enough for the sights to stay lined up. It's a momentary thing as the sights line up as the target passes by, you can touch if off without further disturbing the pistol. A really good bullseye shooter would have the entire group in the 10 and 9 rings. The trigger pull weight on this pistol is a crisp 1.5-1.75 lbs.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thanks.
    Shooting offhand is made easier with a very light trigger. I can't hold steady enough for the sights to stay lined up. It's a momentary thing as the sights line up as the target passes by, you can touch if off without further disturbing the pistol. A really good bullseye shooter would have the entire group in the 10 and 9 rings. The trigger pull weight on this pistol is a crisp 1.5-1.75 lbs.

"The trigger pull weight on this pistol is a crisp 1.5-1.75 lbs." :wow:
    I don't think I have any trigger that's been that sweet, & I've got 3 and had 2 more I've sold that have had trigger work.
    I've got a couple probably close: Rami with a full CGW package & my Shadow 2 with some trigger & spring work done.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    A really good bullseye shooter would have the entire group in the 10 and 9 rings. The trigger pull weight on this pistol is a crisp 1.5-1.75 lbs.

Very true , although in sanctioned NRA bullseye your trigger would be under the minimum of 2 lbs. But for a range pistol it must be nice! My lightest trigger of any of my repeating handguns would have to be my Single Six revolver. Sometimes I shoot the Single Six as well as my target semi-autos.

Tankerdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    N E Indiana
    Have a question for the infected rimfire group. The wife and I are thinking about getting a couple pistols to just plink and have fun with. Ruger 22/45 and Browning Buckmark. Any advantages or disadvantages between the 2. Just looking for something that is reliable and not require a lot of work or parts swapping to be to be fun and fairly accurate. Looking forward to lots of information.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Have a question for the infected rimfire group. The wife and I are thinking about getting a couple pistols to just plink and have fun with. Ruger 22/45 and Browning Buckmark. Any advantages or disadvantages between the 2. Just looking for something that is reliable and not require a lot of work or parts swapping to be to be fun and fairly accurate. Looking forward to lots of information.

My preference leans heavily towards Rugers over Brownings, but either will work for what you are thinking of. You should probably look at the S&W Victory as well.

If you aren’t into tinkering, it will come down to which fits you best.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Welcome! They all have a solid reputation.

Ruger sorta owns the market with the Mk series, so you will see them the most. It is worth it for most people to buy the MkIV instead of the older version. The take down is much easier. It’s my favorite of the 3, but I like to tinker and it has the best aftermarket support.

If you are open to slightly different options, the S&W M&P 22 Compact and Taurus TX22 are very liked options. A more controversial choice for some is the Glock 44, I love mine. I’ve heard good things about the Walther PPQ 22 as well. All would handle general plinking duties.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    need some help on a rimfire pistol

thinking of making a drive to wirthweins this saturday, this is where you come in...talk me out of it!!!...cause if i go, im buying a scorpion, 6 inch mk3 22/45!

https://store.wirthweinguns.com/Vol...Scorpion-1911-Style-p/vc45sn-6-us-cmp-sts.htm

i dont need one...BUT...get behind me satan!!!, i ask myself will it really be better than my ruger 22/45 with the tacsol upper (all vq parts inside!) ARGH!!!!! it'd make a great bowling pin/steel challenge rfpi pistol

the temptation is real people!!! HELP ME!!!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

I have had all those mentioned in your post & Areoflyer's suggestions are spot on, based on my less than 3 yrs. experience of just having fun with my "last hobby."
    I have asked his input more than once on whether to pass or buy something, especially .22 rifles that I knew less than nothing about & have always regretted it when I bought something that he'd was reticent about.

I've had at least 3 Brownings, 3 SW Victorys & 3 of the Ruger Mark 3 & 4 series (Luger & 22/45 both): loved them all.
    You will enjoy any of them, but I have to admit, I really loved the Browning & Ruger, edging out the S/W Victory, but it's a flip of the coin between the top two.

I usually let the range pics speak for themselves, but as with the Glock 44, I have learned to like something for reasons other than the paper targets.
    I have sold many .22LR pistols that I wish I would have kept, Sig 250 DAO for example, but I was using only accuracy as my Benchmark.
    I was warned, but I wouldn't listen. :wallbash:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I am really fond of the Ruger MK series pistols. Safe to say in 30+ years of handgun shooting most of my best handgun targets have been fired with some type of Ruger target pistol. All of my mine are the older MK IIs and original 22/45s. The nice part for me is that some of the better targets were fired in the last few years.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    5Z13l78.jpg

Kidd bbl and action
    Magpul stock
    Harris bipod
    Leupold 6.5-20 AO Target

Just dropped 4 shots in less than a dime from prone, off the bipod. Think I like it.

crazygunner1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Kokomo
    Hi, I'm Turbo and I'm a rimfire addict!

I've decided to start this thread as a place where we can discuss all things rimfire. I thought we would enjoy having a place where we discuss/show off any rimfire firearms or discuss other rimfire related items. Come share your rimfires! Whether it be a pistol, revolver or a rifle, it is welcome here.

In the past few years, I've acquired an eclectic collection of 22s. Some are built and some are stock. I've come to enjoy the spectrum of options available. Here are a few of the items from my collection.

The latest craze I've had is building Ruger MkIIIs.

WwiX5Dr.jpg

This 22/45 started the Rugers. It had full Volquartsen internals, a TandemKross Victory trigger and a TandemKross GameChanger Pro compensator. I enjoyed this one for about 6 months before the next Ruger showed up and just under a year before I stripped the upgrades and sold this one. It was a great gun and loved to be to run hard, but I never really warmed up to the polymer frame.

BitM2Hn.jpg

HQDn0YE.jpg

I acquired a limited run S&W 22A that I was able to work as a trade with a fellow INGO member for the above MkIII 6.8" Hunter (first picture). The list of upgrades for this one is VQ internals, Tk Victory trigger & Tk magazine release. My lovely wife quickly adopted this as hers. In my attempt to get it back, I found and built the 4.5" Hunter in the second picture above. Running all of the same upgrades as the large version, they are joys to shoot.

Hblma4h.jpg

I built this one between the two Hunters. This one is a basic Ruger MkIII Target frame, VQ internals, Tk Victory trigger, rosewood grips from Eagle Grips and a VQ LLV. It's my FrankRuger. The FrankenRuger is actually the lightest of the 3, despite being the middle for barrel length. It's handles beautifully and points perfectly with Eagle Grips.

The last one I'll share tonight is my wife's Tactical Solution X-Ring. It's in a Victor Titan Stock with a Hawke Vantage 3-9x40 AO.

WiP2nJ7.jpg

Hopefully, this takes off and we can keep a healthy discussion going.

I like your Ruger, aesthetically very nice. How long have you owned it?

Top Bottom