• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Huge fan of .22 rimfire. Short, Long all fun, cheap and easy to shoot lots of rounds!
    What isn't there to love!??!?!

Totally agree!
    And, it is amazing how the guys here know how to make a good .22LR into a magnificient one!
    I started out buying $200ish .22LRs for plinking around and have one now with over $1200 in it and another with nearly $700 in it.
    Be careful reading these this thread! :)

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Totally agree!
    And, it is amazing how the guys here know how to make a good .22LR into a magnificient one!
    I started out buying $200ish .22LRs for plinking around and have one now with over $1200 in it and another with nearly $700 in it.
    Be careful reading these this thread! :)

Piker.

Rank beginner.

Shot ten total skwerls Tuesday and Wednesday with one that cost $3500 b4 I put the scope and rings on it.:banana::bacondance::bacondance::pimp:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I looked it up and the distances went up to 400 yards?
    Most Appleseed are 25 yards with scaled down targets simulating 100, 200, 300 & 400 yards. That's the 4 different sizes you are seeing on his target.

As far as I know, Appleseed is only doing events way up North and occasionally down in Evansville.

Reveres Riders covers most of the state. We offer more than just basic rifle too.

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    hadnt got a chance to post this up.
    replaced the Mossberg 715T i'd been using for steel challenge 3 weeks ago with a new SW M&P 15-22 .
    magpul stock, forend, grip folding Mbus irons. added my truglo dot and this morning screwed on a tacsol xring comp.

doesn't NEED a comp, but this thing is so quiet shooting federal auto match ive "lost a few good runs due to shot timers not picking it up..

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Picked up this Marlin XT-22 a few weeks ago used. Came with the bipod and a cheap 4×32 scope. Replaced the scope with a cheap 3-9×40 Simmons Protarget ($38) and i had a set of cheap 30mm rings laying around. Dialed the scope in today at 30 yards, max i had indoors. Didnt have a big variety of ammo with me but im pleasantly surprised for having less than $150 in the rifle with the new scope
    Center target is sk plus ammo and the top 3 targets was just cheap Federal 36gr hvhp.

if i could write words spike milligan

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Picked up this Marlin XT-22 a few weeks ago used. Came with the bipod and a cheap 4×32 scope. Replaced the scope with a cheap 3-9×40 Simmons Protarget ($38) and i had a set of cheap 30mm rings laying around. Dialed the scope in today at 30 yards, max i had indoors. Didnt have a big variety of ammo with me but im pleasantly surprised for having less than $150 in the rifle with the new scope
    Center target is sk plus ammo and the top 3 targets was just cheap Federal 36gr hvhp.

Very nice!!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

Love it: great shooting from my viewpoint!
    All on $150: now that's bragging rights!
    I can't do any better with my Ruger 10/22 with a Nikon scope ($370 in everything, with new rail, and I think I bought new rings for it also?) at only 1/2 that distance (50' at one of my indoor ranges).

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Thanks guys! I ran a couple other brands of ammo too. Obviously it really liked the sk but it did real well with Blazer too. Actually better with cheap blazer than Federal gold metal match and Eley target.
    Cant wait to put it against my custom 10/22 at 50 and 100 yards. Hopefully do that this Friday. Taking a Vacation day so probably head to Winamac and compare head to head

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Got the scope mounted today on the Henry. Looking forward to trying it out this weekend. I think it looks as nice as a "modern" scope can look on it.

attachment.php

hUBBA hUBBA, mR cARLOS..!!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Thanks guys! I ran a couple other brands of ammo too. Obviously it really liked the sk but it did real well with Blazer too. Actually better with cheap blazer than Federal gold metal match and Eley target.
    Cant wait to put it against my custom 10/22 at 50 and 100 yards. Hopefully do that this Friday. Taking a Vacation day so probably head to Winamac and compare head to head

That Blazer amazes me with its accuracy. For an average of 5 5 shot groups in my T1x it does .45" at 50 yards. Very consistent group size, too. For cheap plinking grade ammo it shoots way better than it should.

Top Bottom