• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If you are having trouble reaching the trigger on any S&W revolver you don't have the wrong revolver you have the wrong grips.
    There is very little difference in the frame grip area on the different size frames. The older guns might have a square butt frame that might feel different but again the grips make the difference.

K, L, N, X might feel different due to barrel weight, length, etc. The trigger pull length is the same on them. The controlling factor of reaching and working that trigger is the grips.
    A new N frame is the same size as a new K frame and L frame where you hold it. (the grip frame and trigger).

Interesting. It may have been the grips. I didn’t find it more enjoyable than my L frame so I didn’t look into it any further.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just found this thread so, yes I admit, I haven't read all 41 pages so what I'm about to ask may have been covered.:)

I have a 10/22 with a Brimstone trigger job. Frankly it has been temperamental since I got it and Brimstone was not much help. So I am thinking about moving on to something else.

Is Kidd still considered the go to trigger for these rifles?

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just found this thread so, yes I admit, I haven't read all 41 pages so what I'm about to ask may have been covered.:)

I have a 10/22 with a Brimstone trigger job. Frankly it has been temperamental since I got it and Brimstone was not much help. So I am thinking about moving on to something else.

Is Kidd still considered the go to trigger for these rifles?

I have two Kidd triggers, so count me as a fan. I have their trigger kit in my 10/22 with the 1.75lb trigger spring, I think it’s the best $100 you can spend on a trigger. My wife has their two stage drop in trigger for hers. That’s an awesome trigger, but I wouldn’t use hers for a field rifle as it is set up at 3oz/3oz.

Both are great choices and I’m not sure for the price ranges you can really beat the Kidd triggers.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have two Kidd triggers, so count me as a fan. I have their trigger kit in my 10/22 with the 1.75lb trigger spring, I think it’s the best $100 you can spend on a trigger. My wife has their two stage drop in trigger for hers. That’s an awesome trigger, but I wouldn’t use hers for a field rifle as it is set up at 3oz/3oz.

Both are great choices and I’m not sure for the price ranges you can really beat the Kidd triggers.

Thanks Areo! I'm looking at the single stage kit set at around 2.5#. If I understand correctly, I can adjust it so if I want to shoot a sporter match, I can crank it up to the required 3 lbs, right?

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thanks Areo! I'm looking at the single stage kit set at around 2.5#. If I understand correctly, I can adjust it so if I want to shoot a sporter match, I can crank it up to the required 3 lbs, right?

That is my understanding. They will set it to the weight you want when you order it, but you can adjust that after the fact as well.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    at my club's pin match last night i ran into a jam (2 actually but i cleared the first one and went on, and i dont have that bullet) its on my 10/22
    View attachment 80078

ive been running this set up since may, in fact on our first session this year, i won second place, in the last session i started having this jam, last week i changed out the mag release, i removed the tandem kross fireswitch and replaced it with the crossfire magazine release from my other 10/22, and didnt have 1 issue last week, but last night it did this again, i plan on going home tonight and tearing the gun apart, doing a through inspection, and shooting the hell out of it on sunday, then cleaning it again, and shooting it next Thursday at our pin match to make sure the bugs are worked out(and check zero), because guess what...next Friday, i'm driving 4 hours to atlanta Indiana, and using that 10/22 to shoot the steel challenge match, and my other 10/22 that I could shoot is a lot heavier (the barrel alone weighs more than my whole rifle)

i also stripped the mags and cleaned them too (tandemkross double kross mags), ive got some ruger bx15 and bx25's ill run them to make sure its not a mag issue, i won a tandem kross contest last year and built this rifle, and put this rifle together with a brownells receiver last November, shot it, and it ran great, no issues not one! till july and august.

argh!!!!!!!

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Stared at these long enough.

20190921203324.jpg

Attachments

• 20190921_203324.jpg
      20190921_203324.jpg
      73.2 KB · Views: 30

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Stared at these long enough.

20190921203324.jpg

Now I am compelled to look these up. Argh

https://kriss-usa.com/rifles/rimfire/dmk22c-lvoa

Let me make it easy lol.

Really interested in 10/22 barrel aspect.

The 10/22 barrel use on that is a nice touch.

check out 8541 tactical on facebook and the website, john has one to t&e, he says he's going to build one for nrl22 league, he's a big bore precision shooter and currently shoots a voodoo tactical 10/22 or a cz 455 in a chassis, he's pretty straight forward guy, and if its a huge pos, he'll say so! (I know him irl), he knows his precision shooting game,he was a 8541 mos in the corp (scout/sniper) and was a sniper on the Evansville police department, I hear he makes more money from his website than he makes on the police department!

he's a pretty good precision shooter, but I whoop his ass in speed matches!

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Found this for 315. Now I've got the precision and the American target... One may have to go

Attachments

• 20190926_215204.jpg
      20190926_215204.jpg
      992.5 KB · Views: 22

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    [FONT=&amp]Anyone interested in shooting some Rimfire Sporter this Saturday? Come join us, it's a ton of fun and the weather looks to be perfect! [/FONT][FONT=&amp]

CMP .22 Rimfire Sporter Rifle Match[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]When: October 5, 2019 Registration at 9:30 Match at 10:00am.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Where: The Bedford Contingent Gun Range,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp] 3650 Springville Judah Rd[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Bedford Indiana 47421[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Three classes; open sights, optics under 6X and tactical/unlimited. Rifles weight limited to 7.5 lbs. with sights and a trigger pull no less than 3lbs. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Please read CMP rules 8.2.1 through 8.6.8 which will apply. Rules can be found in the 2019 rulebook posted online at Home - Civilian Marksmanship Program.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Check-in at 9:30, match begins at 10am.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Cost: $10[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]This is a CMP sanctioned match.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Preregistration is not required but space is limited to 20 shooters. Pre-registration will guarantee you a spot on the line. Questions and to register contact Rayne@ReveresRiders.org[/FONT]

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    aeroflyer09 you'll get a kick out of this!

i drove 3.5 hours away, all the way from evansville to atlanta indiana to shoot in a steel challenge match, when i get to one stage, i open my bag, and pulled out my 22/45 with the tac sol matte blue barrel and comp, and i hear the ro say

"thats a wirthweins special if i ever saw one!" i replied, yep how'd you know, he said only they order the odd colors like that!, he said he was sponsored my them! i told him wait till you see the other shooter on my squad, he's sponsored by them too! (he shoots a 11.5 in carbon fiber wrapped barrel upper like yours!) he came in 45th out of 193 with his pistol (iron sights) I came in 123rd with my optic sighted gun!

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    aeroflyer09 you'll get a kick out of this!

i drove 3.5 hours away, all the way from evansville to atlanta indiana to shoot in a steel challenge match, when i get to one stage, i open my bag, and pulled out my 22/45 with the tac sol matte blue barrel and comp, and i hear the ro say

"thats a wirthweins special if i ever saw one!" i replied, yep how'd you know, he said only they order the odd colors like that!, he said he was sponsored my them! i told him wait till you see the other shooter on my squad, he's sponsored by them too! (he shoots a 11.5 in carbon fiber wrapped barrel upper like yours!) he came in 45th out of 193 with his pistol (iron sights) I came in 123rd with my optic sighted gun!

That’s fantastic! Great job too! The 11.5” barrel really is like cheating. lol

Rough on WW with that TacSol order on the MkIV uppers.

Top Bottom