• dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    View attachment 77024

View attachment 77025

Smith and Wesson M43C, fun little .22 j frame.
    Nice! .22LR?

Finally snapped a pic of the Marlin Model 60 I snagged about a week ago. Very happy with it so far. Do have to get the scope dialed in next trip out. The rear sight blade (not the base) is flopping all over the place, so a replacement is in order for that.
    d675bbd198ae9ca02ddb53e94eb51828.jpg
    ab6b76aec942a6fb81783244025f7390.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Finally snapped a pic of the Marlin Model 60 I snagged about a week ago. Very happy with it so far. Do have to get the scope dialed in next trip out. The rear sight blade (not the base) is flopping all over the place, so a replacement is in order for that.

The Marlin M60 is an awesome rifle. Very affordable and very accurate.

If you ever intend to shoot this rifle with iron sights, don't waste your time or money replacing the factory rear sight ... pick up a set of Tech Sights and really dial in that rifle.

To eliminate the loose rear blade, just cut off the factory rear sight using the dovetail as a blank insert. You can get real fancy with a dremel and a set of files so that the cut off portion matches the forward portion ... on my M60 it looks like a long diamond.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    The Marlin M60 is an awesome rifle. Very affordable and very accurate.

If you ever intend to shoot this rifle with iron sights, don't waste your time or money replacing the factory rear sight ... pick up a set of Tech Sights and really dial in that rifle.

To eliminate the loose rear blade, just cut off the factory rear sight using the dovetail as a blank insert. You can get real fancy with a dremel and a set of files so that the cut off portion matches the forward portion ... on my M60 it looks like a long diamond.
    Thanks for the tip! I was debating going with the Williams F/O replacements, but had been curious about the Tech Sights. The rear mounts to the dovetail, correct?

For the $130 I paid, I'm over the moon! Handles/points far more naturally than my 10/22.

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    I joined the club.

After reading this thread for a while, I had some TK parts and mags in my Brownells cart for my Mkiii 22/45. I took their 10% off plus free shipping today as a sign from above.

I may have had that pistol out twice in the 8-10 years I’ve had it and I’m hoping to change that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    The Marlin rear Tech Sight attaches to the grooves in the receiver. The front sight replaces the factory front sight. Be sure to purchase the Tech Sight tool for adjusting the 200 model sights.

The Williams FO sights are a small step up from the factory sights, but not well suited for accurate rifle shooting. Because the FO front sight 'glows' differently under different lighting conditions, it doesn't provide a consistent sight picture.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I joined the club.

After reading this thread for a while, I had some TK parts and mags in my Brownells cart for my Mkiii 22/45. I took their 10% off plus free shipping today as a sign from above.

I may have had that pistol out twice in the 8-10 years I’ve had it and I’m hoping to change that.

Did you get the VQ kit?

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    Did you get the VQ kit?

Tandemkross “high performance kit”. So hammer bushing, extractor, firing pin, mag release, sling shot mod, and LCI delete.

I never gave it a chance partly because I didn’t understand how to take it apart and partly because it didn’t operate like a normal pistol. I watched a YouTube video on how to take it apart, so I’m good there. I hated the mag disconnect and the inability to run the slide like a normal pistol, so some of these parts should address that.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Tandemkross “high performance kit”. So hammer bushing, extractor, firing pin, mag release, sling shot mod, and LCI delete.

I never gave it a chance partly because I didn’t understand how to take it apart and partly because it didn’t operate like a normal pistol. I watched a YouTube video on how to take it apart, so I’m good there. I hated the mag disconnect and the inability to run the slide like a normal pistol, so some of these parts should address that.

Strong start! The magazine disconnect alone make a noticeable difference. A strong magnet will pull the pin for the LCI.

The VQ hammer, dear, trigger bar and trigger (for adjustments) make another huge jump in performance.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Last picture of the scout. I really really like this rifle. It is just fun and weird. Cnc warrior sells the appropriate thread adapter so now it can wear my thunderbeast. 1/2x20 to 1/2x28.

7CyvLZo.jpg

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    The Marlin rear Tech Sight attaches to the grooves in the receiver. The front sight replaces the factory front sight. Be sure to purchase the Tech Sight tool for adjusting the 200 model sights.

The Williams FO sights are a small step up from the factory sights, but not well suited for accurate rifle shooting. Because the FO front sight 'glows' differently under different lighting conditions, it doesn't provide a consistent sight picture.
    Well noted, thanks for the insight! I do enjoy the sight picture of aperture sights.

I'm by no means a good shot with a rifle (hoping to attend an Appleseed event at some point to get some formal instruction on basic marksmanship). Mrs. Turbo all of the time, and Mr. Turbo most of the time will easily outshoot me. Pistols even the cards a little bit.

I find it quite a bit easier to acquire targets with irons. Pure accuracy may suffer a bit, but at this stage I find a decent set of irons or a red dot easier and more enjoyable than a magnified optic. With that being said, I may leave this one on for a bit to get acquainted with it.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    jnZLshy.jpg

The ModStock arrived today. Current weight, without a mag or an optic is 3lbs 9.1oz. Goal is 4lbs or less with an optic but before factory magazines or ammo. Should make weight without an issue, though holding it I’m thinking the red dot made need a riser. I may end up with something like the Romeo5 instead.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The ModStock arrived today. Current weight, without a mag or an optic is 3lbs 9.1oz. Goal is 4lbs or less with an optic but before factory magazines or ammo. Should make weight without an issue, though holding it I’m thinking the red dot made need a riser. I may end up with something like the Romeo5 instead.

WOW ..... the appearance is wicked-cool, Turbo ! :yesway:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...The ModStock arrived today. Current weight, without a mag or an optic is 3lbs 9.1oz. Goal is 4lbs or less with an optic but before factory magazines or ammo. Should make weight without an issue, though holding it I’m thinking the red dot made need a riser. I may end up with something like the Romeo5 instead.

I thought they were discussing cane guns in another thread...lol

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    jnZLshy.jpg

Awesome! This is just about what I've been considering. Looks great!

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Awesome! This is just about what I've been considering. Looks great!

Thanks! The quality on it is great! For the cost though, I do wish they would have used something more comfortable than the cheap Hogue pistol grip. Though it’s an incredibly light grip, and that’s the point.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Thanks! The quality on it is great! For the cost though, I do wish they would have used something more comfortable than the cheap Hogue pistol grip. Though it’s an incredibly light grip, and that’s the point.
    What's the weiner looking thing at the front?

Top Bottom