• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thanks to gmcttr I was able to get my new scope sighted in on my Anschutz 1700 FWT on Saturday, well enough to bust a few lollipops and put some sub half inch groups on paper, using just CCI standard ammo. Of course, then T-DOGG busted out his new RPR with a Green Mountain barrel and had a few sub quarter inch groups. Now I have to get more practice in to be able to see if I'm up to the challenge of duplicating his feat. He'll be along shortly to post some pics of his testing. Pretty darn amazing shooting.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thanks to gmcttr I was able to get my new scope sighted in on my Anschutz 1700 FWT on Saturday, well enough to bust a few lollipops and put some sub half inch groups on paper, using just CCI standard ammo. Of course, then T-DOGG busted out his new RPR with a Green Mountain barrel and had a few sub quarter inch groups. Now I have to get more practice in to be able to see if I'm up to the challenge of duplicating his feat. He'll be along shortly to post some pics of his testing. Pretty darn amazing shooting.

pics, pics, pics :popcorn:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    pics, pics, pics :popcorn:

Sadly I didn't get any of mine, as we were breaking down for dinner when we went cold the last time after I was all sighted in. T-DOGG stayed on the range by himself to do his shooting and I believe it was well worth the time he spent. That RPR of his is a sweet rifle.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Tarzan always tries to be helpful ..... what a guy !

.... and yeah, that DOGG has got the eye, doesn't he ! By trying to duplicate him, you're setting the bar high for yourself ..... good luck ! :D

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I may be able to build some sweet toys, but T-Dogg the really shooter. Those groups from the RPR are amazing.

I had an awesome time today ringing steel at 100 yards with the Carbon VQ Ruger. This one needs a name. Any suggestions?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I was able to get in round two of accuracy testing with the Ruger Precision Rimfire .22LR with the aftermarket Green Mountain barrel this weekend. The results have blown me away as the GM barrel shot almost every kind of ammo better and most were drastically better. Below are the photos of the targets for reference, with 2 new kinds of ammo being added from last test. All testing was performed at 50yds on bench using a Rock Jr. front rest and a leather rear bag filled with sand, simple but effective setup for now. Much to my surprise, my best group was a 0.243" and worst was a 1.110", with the previous factory barrel producing a 0.460" best and 2.560" worst. It brought Remington Thunderbolts from a 2.28" group down to a 0.605" group. Talk about an improvement! The lists below represent the best of two 5-shot groups that were fired for each kind of ammo.

Factory Barrel
    ---------------------
    1) 0.46" CCI SV
    2) 0.51" Aguila SV
    3) 0.78" Rem Golden Bullet
    4) 0.86" CCI Mini Mag HP
    5) 0.88" Browning BPR HP
    6) 0.99" Aguila HV
    7) 1.20" CCI Troy Landry "choot em"
    8) 1.93" CCI AR Tactical
    9) 2.28" Remington Thunderbolt

Green Mountain Barrel
    ----------------------
    1) 0.243" CCI AR Tactical
    2) 0.276" CCI SV
    3) 0.313" Aguila SV
    4) 0.463" Wolf Match Target
    5) 0.537" CCI Troy Landry "choot em"
    6) 0.540" Browning BPR HP
    7) 0.574" CCI Mini Mag HP
    8) 0.600" SK Standard Plus
    9) 0.605" Remington Thunderbolts
    10) 0.765" Aguila HV
    11) 0.827" Remington Golden Bullet

attachment.php

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Tarzan always tries to be helpful ..... what a guy !

.... and yeah, that DOGG has got the eye, doesn't he ! By trying to duplicate him, you're setting the bar high for yourself ..... good luck ! :D

I'll be happy if I can manage the sub half inch groups out to 100 yards. I can do it at 50, let's see if I can do it at 100 :)

I was able to get in round two of accuracy testing with the Ruger Precision Rimfire .22LR with the aftermarket Green Mountain barrel this weekend. The results have blown me away as the GM barrel shot almost every kind of ammo better and most were drastically better. Below are the photos of the targets for reference, with 2 new kinds of ammo being added from last test. All testing was performed at 50yds on bench using a Rock Jr. front rest and a leather rear bag filled with sand, simple but effective setup for now. Much to my surprise, my best group was a 0.243" and worst was a 1.110", with the previous factory barrel producing a 0.460" best and 2.560" worst. It brought Remington Thunderbolts from a 2.28" group down to a 0.605" group. Talk about an improvement! The lists below represent the best of two 5-shot groups that were fired for each kind of ammo.

Factory Barrel
    ---------------------
    1) 0.46" CCI SV
    2) 0.51" Aguila SV
    4) 0.86" CCI Mini Mag HP
    5) 0.88" Browning BPR HP
    6) 0.99" Aguila HV
    8) 1.93" CCI AR Tactical

Green Mountain Barrel
    ----------------------
    2) 0.276" CCI SV
    3) 0.313" Aguila SV
    10) 0.765" Aguila HV

attachment.php

Very, very nice shooting... :yesway:

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

Factory Barrel
    ---------------------
    1) 0.46" CCI SV
    2) 0.51" Aguila SV
    4) 0.86" CCI Mini Mag HP
    5) 0.88" Browning BPR HP
    6) 0.99" Aguila HV
    8) 1.93" CCI AR Tactical

Green Mountain Barrel
    ----------------------
    2) 0.276" CCI SV
    3) 0.313" Aguila SV
    10) 0.765" Aguila HV

attachment.php

Great shots!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I may be able to build some sweet toys, but T-Dogg the really shooter. Those groups from the RPR are amazing.

I had an awesome time today ringing steel at 100 yards with the Carbon VQ Ruger. This one needs a name. Any suggestions?
    "The Joker"

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'll be happy if I can manage the sub half inch groups out to 100 yards. I can do it at 50, let's see if I can do it at 100 :)

Very, very nice shooting... :yesway:
    I praised your shooting to several other people and I believe I told you the same, you're no slouch with a rifle. I believe our future accuracy trip will end up being a competition. Look forward to it!

Did you measure your groups?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I praised your shooting to several other people and I believe I told you the same, you're no slouch with a rifle. I believe our future accuracy trip will end up being a competition. Look forward to it!

Did you measure your groups?

Thank you sir. I've been trying to soak up tips from you, Reed and Rick. I'm learning. Since we were breaking down to load up and head out the last time we went cold, I only had a few minutes to run down and measure a few groups. I could only remember 3 targets that I'd shot at and those were the ones I'd measured. One was just over a half inch, one was just under and the best grouping was .42, which for me was pretty decent. At KJQ's place when I was testing previously, the best group was .39 at 25 yards and I was only able to break 4 out of 5 lollipops with 5 rounds. Saturday after sighting in I was able to bust 5 out of 5 @ 50 yards:)

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I want to thank all of you for getting me interested in shooting .22lr again. My Kimber 82 had been unused for ~20 years. Thanks to y'all I have fallen in love with it once again.

As always, if anyone wants to come down and shoot on a range at any distance out to 200 yds, just let me know. We have solid concrete shooting benches for a completely steady rest.

1FjN16S.jpg

Last edited:

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I want to thank all of you for getting me interested in shooting .22lr again. My Kimber 82 had been unused for ~20 years. Thanks to y'all I have fallen in love with it once again.

As always, if anyone wants to come down and shoot on a range at any distance out to 200 yds, just let me know. We have solid concrete shooting benches for a completely steady rest.

1FjN16S.jpg
    Looks like Hoosier Hills Rifle & Pistol Club. If so, you may be treated to an F-10 fly over ... I've experienced several fly overs during Revere's Riders events at this range. They come in so close to the tree tops that you can see the pilot!

Top Bottom