• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    And that's only because the Henry falls solidly into the purely fun/novelty realm.

What about the T-Bolt?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

And the T-Bolt. I’m not paying for that aftermarket trigger.

Which is kinda funny now that I think about it, given that the next 10/22 costs more than some 10/22s.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Thanks for the input, 1st-friend-of-INGO-that-I-ever-met-and-shot-with! :)
    I had read where some heavier slides were made for a HV (and experienced it) and figured it was good/better for all guns: my mistake. :ugh:
    I will concentrate on acquiring more SV instead of HV, not just for the Smith 41, but I will test out the others and see if they will run on SV as well.

I cannot fathom 100 yard squirrel acquisitions: :wow:
    I have a feeling that the little secret for old men with weakened eyes is not the gun, but the optics.
    I also believe, that I could get interested in one .22LR rifle if I wanted to invest is the right scope (makes me think I should have perhaps kept my lever-action Henry). My accuracy pursuit would have it's needs met.
    I had hoped that the Ruger Charger I bought off a member with a red dot would fulfill that desire for accuracy, but, we will see: it will be my retirement pursuit, to see if I can behave myself.

Keep us posted. The Charger will be my next gun buy most likely. I want to put a brace on it with that Copper Custom adapter.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    My first 17hmr
    Steyr rfr scout I got on clearance. Issc made. Seems nice enough for what I paid. Putting a cheap red dot on it and it should make a fun plinker
    frVdzYb.jpg

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Ggreen - What is your opinion on the stock for the Steyr?

Run of the mill sturdy lightweight polymer. Downside is that the rail is plastic. The action is awesome I can't quit messing with it. The receiver is aluminum, some of the bad reviews I read said they were plastic... Reinforcing my general skepticism of online reviews.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I’d order a hammer bushing from TandemKross and ditch the magazine disconnect. That should remove some of obstructions with seating the magazines.

That said, I’ve got a MkIII Target frame that is just finicky with magazines. For the mags to seat reliably on that frame I have to have the bolt open.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Keep us posted. The Charger will be my next gun buy most likely. I want to put a brace on it with that Copper Custom adapter.

You know I will. :thumbsup:
    I'm just concentrating on trimming the other .22s now, and actually need to trim a couple of 9mms again.
    I sold a couple .22s and 9mms, but bought 3 more 9mms recently, just for pleasure (never met a CZ I didn't like).

Last night I sold the Ruger Mark 4 Target I bought off a member here to someone who had previously bought off me.
    He is waiting for me to sell the CZ SP-01 or the P-07 since he wants either or both, but I'm not done playing with them yet.

Looks like I won't have to wait to use a red dot until I get the Charger out this summer.
    I am buying a SW Victory from a person I've dealt with before.
    I didn't even realized it until I went to put in his number in my cell, only to find he was already there with a .38 special 4" barrel (don't even remember whether I bought one from him or sold him one of mine).
    The "new" Victory is set up for NSSF Steel Challenge:
    - SightMark 3 MOA red dot,
    - Tandemkross mag disconnect
    - flat trigger
    - Talon grips
    - 5 Mags.
    I will take it to the range soon to see how the red dot treats me.

Ironically, I already have a Victory but this "new" one comes with upgrades and accessories.
    I wanted it to replace the one I own now since the lure of a red dot (and the rail in needs) called to me.
    Such is the fun I can still have by buying something I already own just b/c it has some accessories/upgrades.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    My MKIII 22/45 lower just made it back from Turbo with goodies installed! Also, installed the VQ extractor and Hogue wraparound grips. Last order of business on this one is deciding whether I want to go red-dot, or just upgrade the irons to Williams F/O sights.

Also pictured, CZ P-01 with new-to-me Cool Hands grips.
    02f213da8729530f356f1254676bde33.jpg

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    I'll vouch for the VQ kit. Brought the 22/45 I just got back from Turbo to the range today and put an easy 300 rounds through it.

Trigger is a joy, and the mag disconnect delete makes inserting and removing the magazine absolute butter compared to before.

Also lost self control and bought a Marlin Model 60 in stainless and laminate. For $130 with a cheap Simmons 4x, didn't think I could really lose.

Shooting the Model 60 and the 10/22 back to back was interesting. I like the way the Marlin handles a lot more than the Ruger (still can't see myself getting rid of the Ruger), but I'm not a fan of the optic on the rifle. The rear sight is a bit buggered, which gives a good excuse to upgrade.

The 10/22 is doing quite a bit better after the extractor upgrade. Only 3-4 FTE over about 150 rounds.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom