• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Dept. of Education created: 1979, and began operating in 1980.

Republicans have been pledging to eliminate it since 1980 and submitting bills to eliminate it not long after.

It would be great to see, but this history causes me to keep my optimism in check.
    They'd have to do it gradually to avoid all the 'Republicans are throwing people out of work talk', rely on attrition and early retirements, inter-department transfers etc.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    State militias seemed to work well in this nation’s first war.
    Militias had their moments, but the Continental Army, proper carried the heaviest load, by far. Often, the militias fired a volley or 2 then ran away, or broke easily when the British charged. They were not well organized and turned the tide only a few times in battle.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Well, bye Dept of Defense
    I'd like to see a single-year contest imposed on the Department of Foreign Meddling: whichever service branch shoots down the most foreign spy assets this year gets to keep their budget next year. Second place gets cut 25%, third place 50%, fourth and down get eliminated, and all cut-ees get their lost budgets and missions re-awarded to first place.

Oh yeah...CIA gets to play, too.

Bet the folks previously tasked with things like spying on Angela Merkel would get re-tasked real quick.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not just that but they don’t really want the thing anyway. I don’t think for a minute that McCarthy wants to get rid of the education dept. He can play political theater because it’s not going anywhere.
    Exactly. A perpetual campaign issue.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Just because department of _______ is gone doesn’t mean someone can’t pick up the slack for all those citing the dept of defense. And I think a state militia could definitely arm itself…… I mean we have national guard already take away all the truckloads of cash we are paying the fed and we would have more than enough money to support individual armies…. There are certainly alternatives no one wants to explore options because then the piggy bank is GONE

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom