• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Okay, everyone needs to stop, take a breath, now tell us what should be kept. The list should be much shorter than the ones to get rid of.
    Drawing Motivation GIF (GIF Image)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Mine was, I wanted to do some hiking and backpacking, but the idiots shut down national forests. As if nature depended on them.
    Remember during one of the shutdowns, I think it was Obama's people, went out and put tape or something around the WW2 Memorial, knowing that a bunch of the vets were coming in to see it before they died. As I recall, it didn't stop the vets from coming on in.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    “Repeal Department of ___________” and I support it.

we don’t need a dept of anything….. they are all just funnels to fleece the tax payer. Put it on elected officials, their cabinet and their committees.

And if We aren’t going to get rid of dept of….. then every year they should be under review and they need to come on tv and get grilled by congress. Tell how much money they received and what they spent it on, and then it gets voted on if that dept stays or goes annually.

i understand if I go online to .guv and search through pages of CRAPPY websites I could find this information. But the chances of the majority of the public doing that are slim to none I think they make the websites unnavigable intentionally so they can say “all the information is public” but you need a degree in 1985 computer hacking to find anything.

so they should be forced to make a presentation every year showing what they are doing why they are doing it.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The uni-party members who crave power and control, and wipe their a** with the Constitution. In other words, a majority of Congress, and presently most of the Executive branch.
    Right on. Even with Trump as President the deep state built into the executive branch still drags on conservative plans a greases the skids for leftist crap.

No conservative President can know or even understand the depths of this unit they actually experience the full brunt of it throughout a full term. That is a big reason Trump is uniquely positioned if he could win, he now knows all they used against him and is full of vengeance against them…

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Okay, everyone needs to stop, take a breath, now tell us what should be kept. The list should be much shorter than the ones to get rid of.
    The one's the Constitution authorizes.

Off the top of my head that would be Treasury for our nation's coinage, and the collection of duties. The department of defense in modern vernacular. Customs and immigration including border protection as those things are the purview of the federal government. Possibly something to address interstate commerce, but nothing like what currently exists.

I'm not coming up with much else.

Read my sig. If the Constitution does not explicitly authorize it, then the 9th and 10th amendments apply. Further if it falls under the first, second, fourth, and fifth amendments the preambles directive that the amendments are declaratory and restrictive apply. In simpler terms if a federal government employee or authorizee is doing something contrary to those amendments they are committing an unconstitutional act. That should have severe consequences.

You will note the 10th Amendment does not talk about "Rights" it speaks to powers. I don't think our current uniparty members nor the professional politician / bureaucrat apparatchiks quite understand the difference.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

I wonder what George, Thomas, samuel, and John would be thinking about now. I have the suspicion in my heart that they would look at each other and say "grab the muskets men, it's time to water the tree again".

The last bulwark, the Judiciary, needs to step it up pretty quick and do their job before there is only one box left.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom