• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The photos are old news at this point. They depict behaviors the OP did NOT engage in, so they're not relevant to a manager exceeding her authoritay and booting him on suspicion of carrying concealed (and I don't think he was CC his AR?). Whether this particular event affects SB's bottom line or not, it was clearly inappropriate, and certainly a mis-statement of corporate policy.

Ass-hattery by other folks (one photo is from Kuwait in 2005, BTW) does not justify ass-hattery directed at third-parties, who aren't even openly carrying.

You should not justify the manager's behavior. Unless you think such behavior is justifiable...
    The OP is just collateral damage in the pissing match. Sorry he got booted, but that's just the way that things have shaken out. As for the photos, they show people in a Starbucks carry weapons that aren't commonly carried in public. These are the people that made the antis case. If you engage in a shooting war it's up to you to make sure people like Starbucks don't get caught in the crossfire. Sadly, elements on our side chose Starbucks as their battleground when it was unnecessary. Starbucks reacted as many businesses would.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If the person in front of me orders a "skinny, frappe, light mocha with extra chai, hold the granola" I make my dissatisfaction known by uttering the words "this ain't a damned Dairy Queen".

How is that different than someone commenting when someone is openly carrying a weapon. And yes, I know there are rights involved, on both sides of that, but as much as I'd rather have to go to the store and purchase feminine hygiene products (and have the cashier ask for a price check over the intercom) for my wife than have to go into a Starbucks and order one of those drinks, I could not care less about what the person behind me in a line thinks about what I or anyone else has ordered.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Unfortunately my wife likes Starbucks, at least until today. This morning I reluctantly went to Starbucks CC'ing my Glock 19 with my wife. I had been in this store many time before both OC and CC. We walked in the store and while waiting in line the manager walked up to me and asked me to leave. I asked her why, she stated that she knows that I have carried in the past and per Starbucks new policy anyone carrying a firearm is prohibited from being on store property. I asked if the ban policy was new since Mr. Schultz stated that he was just asking that weapons not be brought in the store but did not out right ban weapons. She stated that they were instructed to not allow anyone including Law Enforcement in the store if anyone knew or had a suspicion the person was carrying a weapon, regardless whether OC or CC. My wife stated in a not so normal volume voice, that since she will not the customers to be protected from bad guys, especially in this neighborhood, she will not be back and that she should inform the customers that they are now in a gun free zone. just like the schools. The manager told us to never come back or we would be arrested. My wife stated how you going to do that since you don't allow LEOS in the store.

I find it interesting that you can be ejected for the manager suspecting you may be armed.

You could be stopped at the door if they see an NRA logo on your hat.

They could refuse you your coffee at the drive-up window if you had a pro gun bumper sticker or if they suspected you did.

Since only protected class people can claim discrimination, they could just put a "No Gunowners Allowed" sign on the door.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I find it interesting that you can be ejected for the manager suspecting you may be armed.

You could be stopped at the door if they see an NRA logo on your hat.

They could refuse you your coffee at the drive-up window if you had a pro gun bumper sticker or if they suspected you did.

Whatever happened to all those INGO people who say businesses should be able to decide what customers they want to serve and what customers they want to eject? Don't you believe that the government should have no say in the private policies of businesses? If they want to refuse to serve minorities, gays, Black Panthers, Nazis, etc., isn't it their business? We've gotta be consistent!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Unfortunately my wife likes Starbucks, at least until today. This morning I reluctantly went to Starbucks CC'ing my Glock 19 with my wife. I had been in this store many time before both OC and CC. We walked in the store and while waiting in line the manager walked up to me and asked me to leave. I asked her why, she stated that she knows that I have carried in the past and per Starbucks new policy anyone carrying a firearm is prohibited from being on store property. I asked if the ban policy was new since Mr. Schultz stated that he was just asking that weapons not be brought in the store but did not out right ban weapons. She stated that they were instructed to not allow anyone including Law Enforcement in the store if anyone knew or had a suspicion the person was carrying a weapon, regardless whether OC or CC. My wife stated in a not so normal volume voice, that since she will not the customers to be protected from bad guys, especially in this neighborhood, she will not be back and that she should inform the customers that they are now in a gun free zone. just like the schools. The manager told us to never come back or we would be arrested. My wife stated how you going to do that since you don't allow LEOS in the store.

Argh. OK, I'm sorry but...

I'm calling Bravo Sierra. I have trouble believing this actually happened as described.

1. Starbucks is among the Fortune 500 "Top 100" companies to work for. They aren't struggling for managers... People actually WANT to work there, which affords Starbucks the luxury to be rather selective in their management pool... And they pay their salaried managers well.

2. Starbucks has a very customer focused philosophy. Treating any customer in a disrespectful and threatening fashion would not be tolerated period, let alone the fact that this instance would be blatantly against policies and procedures that were very recently spelled out in detail and made public worldwide.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I make a damn nice cup of coffee right here at home. No Foo-Foo bravo sierra just a good cup of Joe. And I can OC while I make it....even do it Naked sometimes............:):

Brother, I agree with you almost all the time, but this is a little too much information

Just seeing whos paying attention.....:):

If you are naked, you are OC'ing. Just sayin. :):

Good point.........
    OMG.... At least nobody mentioned a swizzle stick....... :rolleyes:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

I'm calling Bravo Sierra. I have trouble believing this actually happened as described.

1. Starbucks is among the Fortune 500 "Top 100" companies to work for. They aren't struggling for managers... People actually WANT to work there, which affords Starbucks the luxury to be rather selective in their management pool... And they pay their salaried managers well.

2. Starbucks has a very customer focused philosophy. Treating any customer in a disrespectful and threatening fashion would not be tolerated period, let alone the fact that this instance would be blatantly against policies and procedures that were very recently spelled out in detail and made public worldwide.

You seriously have trouble believing a manager might go against corporates rules? All of them? I am sure there are plenty of other managers that violate other corporate rules as well

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The store on Pendleton Pike across from WalMart in Lawrence.

Wow, that one!? In THAT neighborhood? That place needs an armed guard let along deny a law abiding citizen from carrying. For some reason that Wallyworld strip mall area seems to be one of the roughest I've been to outside of the 465 loop.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Whatever happened to all those INGO people who say businesses should be able to decide what customers they want to serve and what customers they want to eject? Don't you believe that the government should have no say in the private policies of businesses? If they want to refuse to serve minorities, gays, Black Panthers, Nazis, etc., isn't it their business? We've gotta be consistent!

and yet, another good post... :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

It does not fit the issue of the moment....some one said no and the crowd cried foul.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville

I'm of this mindset. If Starbucks doesn't want me there, I won't go there.

Too expensive anyway.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I whole heartedly agree with you bingley...I think Doug was referencing Starbucks' proclaimed policy rather than the .gov inserting itself into things---At least that's how I interpreted his post.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    No, we really don't have to agree with each other on ANY issue!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

1. Why is it so hard to believe that this company could hire one ass clown as manager?
    And what does the managers income have to do with anything?
    2. Does simply having a policy keep employees from breaking that policy?
    Who is going to "not tolerate" this kind of behavior by the manager? Maybe he would reprimand himself!?

Top Bottom