• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I am curious to see sales/profit statistics on Starbucks, since they "straddled the fence" on the gun debate. I imagine sales are down significantly.:dunno:

I bet it hasn't made a noticeable change. The number of people who care and who went to Starbucks regularly is probably a pretty insignificant amount of their customer base.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Not at all what their CEO said...
    http://www.starbucks.com/blog/an-open-leter-from-howard-schultz/1268
    For these reasons, today we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer bring firearms into our stores or outdoor seating areas—even in states where “open carry” is permitted—unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel.

I would like to clarify two points. First, this is a request and not an outright ban.

Perhaps you could print out the letter and give it to the Manager?

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    The manager told us to never come back or we would be arrested. My wife stated how you going to do that since you don't allow LEOS in the store.
    hahaha +1 million :laugh::bowdown:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I had a moment of weakness the other day while working outside right next to a Starbucks. I went in for a Chai Tea Latte. I'm so ashamed.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You must have really made an impression on her previously for her to want to throw you out without knowing if you were carrying or not.
    ^This right here^ Sounds like she asked them to leave just based on past knowledge that he carries even though he made the attempt to conceal therefore not wishing to make an issue about the non binding request put forth by the CEO while still patronizing the business.

Sounds like the manager was the one taking the initiative and made an issue about it.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    So if you were cc ing how did they know you had a weapon? Just for fun, I'd go there unarmed, and have them call the cops on you. Free SB coffee for life is way better than DD

Last edited:

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I hate to defend Starbucks because their coffee sucks but I have some sympathy with their position. They're trying to run coffee shops, not sites for political theater. They just wanted people to come in and buy their overpriced coffee and didn't care one way or the other whether their patrons were carrying. I wish all businesses had that attitude. Instead of respecting that, a bunch of guys decided to start using their stores as a bully pulpit and creating a political atmosphere. They ruined it for guys like the original poster who just wanted to carry while accompanying his wife.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I hate to defend Starbucks because their coffee sucks but I have some sympathy with their position. They're trying to run coffee shops, not sites for political theater. They just wanted people to come in and buy their overpriced coffee and didn't care one way or the other whether their patrons were carrying. I wish all businesses had that attitude. Instead of respecting that, a bunch of guys decided to start using their stores as a bully pulpit and creating a political atmosphere. They ruined it for guys like the original poster who just wanted to carry while accompanying his wife.

People who ruined it were not the ones carrying. It was the whining ******* who got their panties in a bunch over it and started complaining incessantly to Starbucks.

Starbucks MADE IT KNOWN that they were okay with carrying. THAT is why people went there.

Pull your head out of your ***. IT ISN'T OUR FAULT WHEN OTHER PEOPLE FREAK OUT THAT WE CARRY GUNS.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    We can argue which caused the change in Starbucks policy until the sun goes red giant, people carrying long guns into the store, or people complaining about people carrying long guns into the store. The fact is there were no problems there until people started carrying long guns into the stores.

Last edited:

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    People who ruined it were not the ones carrying. It was the whining ******* who got their panties in a bunch over it and started complaining incessantly to Starbucks.

Starbucks MADE IT KNOWN that they were okay with carrying. THAT is why people went there.
    Some people quietly went there to support a business with an enlightened attitude towards carrying. That's fine. Others decided to go en-mass carrying long guns for the sole purpose of being provocative. They decided instead of just supporting Starbucks they'd use them for political theater.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Gunz and caffeine don't mix.

McDees coffee tastes way better than DD's.
    I should know 'cause I'm an eggspurt.
    Happiness is a warm gun.

Top Bottom