Recommended avenues for selling your rifle.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scsbronco

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Snipershide used to be the best site for selling quality equipment. Then they got bought out by Scout and the site changed dramatically.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Gee whizz guys.

I tried to get this back on track

Not going to say anything again.

If you do not like it here or can not post up something civil then just stop.

If you want something for free go to "Free Guns are us" and stop with the bashing.

I buy/sell here pretty much exclusively.
    I have never had an issue save for the occasional low-baller flipper and they are fun sometimes.

Low to no posts or site supporter's and complaining.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Don't use INGO classified. These people don't buy squat. Unless it's a desperate sale and the price is really low. They also think their guns they are trying to sell are made out of gold.

I have NEVER had any experience like this ..... ALL, except 2 have been WONDERFUL !!!!!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've been happy with all my purchases and sales here. If something is priced higher than I want to pay, I don't buy it. Likewise if someone doesn't want to pay what I'm asking, I either lower it or pull the ad. I've never had to pull an ad. Pretty simple concept really. :dunno:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Don't use INGO classified. These people don't buy squat. Unless it's a desperate sale and the price is really low. They also think their guns they are trying to sell are made out of gold.

First of all, most of us aren't here for the classifieds, so as much as you don't want to be here, we don't want you here, either.

I know, I know. I am trying to stay off the forums. Because I know you guys dont like it when someone tells the truth on this site. Sorry, I will try to stop. I posted on another thread today. I will try hard to make that my last.

:wavey: Bye!

Exactly my point. When I pee in your pool that is already full of **** you get mad.

:wow:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Gee whizz guys.

I tried to get this back on track

Not going to say anything again.

If you do not like it here or can not post up something civil then just stop.

If you want something for free go to "Free Guns are us" and stop with the bashing.

I buy/sell here pretty much exclusively.
    I have never had an issue save for the occasional low-baller flipper and they are fun sometimes.

Low to no posts or site supporter's and complaining.

Yep. He peed in his own pool and got mad.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Its no wonder people have thousands of posts of nothing.

Yes...
    But some of us take significantly less time to establish a history of useless posts. I suggest you sit back, take some notes, and re-engage when you have the time and will to throw down some serious quantity of useless posts. Three years to make less than 100 useless posts is pitiful.

Step up.

Or step off.

------------------------------------------------------------

Now, to the original post.
    I can't speak to selling things. I've only bought. Or given away.
    I hate to sell things.

I've purchased several hundred pounds of firearms on Gunbroker. In fact, now is the time to do so. Its considered the "slow season" there. Too much going on for the auctions to be really hopping. No special deals on new stuff from established commercial enterprises. But plenty of deals from the individual sellers. There just isn't a lot of activity. It will pick up when the weather gets colder.

I've had excellent success. -And I've had some disappointment. Like established sellers tell me they are only "hobbyist" and aren't familiar with the workings of a firearm and had "no idea" that the firearm they sold me wasn't functional (and the defect was conveniently hidden in the 20 posted photos). So there is some hinkey stuff that you need to be aware of as a buyer.

I haven't purchased anything here yet. I've considered. And sent some PMs (once I hit the proper post count)

And I've done the gunshow route.

But the last thing I'm going to choose to do is to meet up with someone with no background or history at a Walmart parking lot with $400 cash to buy a firearm.

And if you're thinking "i'll just get my buddy to sit in the car, keeping an eye on things" well, I can't help you. I try not to go anywhere if "overwatch" is a prerequisite.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As stated by the contributing forum members posting in this thread, INGO has a great classifieds section. Many of us have bought and sold lots and lots of items over the years. Personally, I have bought and sold long guns, handguns, knives, vehicles, parts, ammo and reloading components.

As noted by those with the obvious butt-hurt above, the INGO classifieds are not for everyone. If you are looking to hit a homerun on every deal with a nameless/faceless mark that you'll never run into again, this likely isn't your place. :twocents:

Top Bottom