• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If the new system allows it, I'd like to request that you simply have an opt-in system where a mod slaps an ability onto the user's account that allows them to see the political sub.

Unless you opt in, you never are aware there even is a political sub.

Some sort of option in your profile for "controversial topics" that will require admin approval to see. I'm sure you folks can come up with a more polished way to do something along those lines.
    I think the sub being hidden to normal users is the most critical aspect though.
    Here is the issue with that.
    We are trying to grow the forum as it is a business after all.
    A big draw is the classifieds. It brings in a lot of new members. Then the political Sub-Forum. Throw in some chicks with guns and fishing rods and there you have it.

Let me say something here that may offend you but not my intention.
    People that support the site. Not just people that post here. We all have a voice and we listen but in the end as in the real world some voices just might be a little bit louder.

Again, no knock. It is free to attend.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't think they had the ability to really do that almost automatically like they can with the new software which is why I suggested it
    And like I said.....it is a huge draw to folks so in the end it will remain out front. But in this if you just park in here we may have issues as this is actually a gun forum.
    Do you own a gun.
    What is it.
    Why do you own it. What was the draw.
    Do you actually shoot it or do you just make my life miserable.....:):

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    No, that's not consistency. The one claiming that something did happen is the one with the burden of proof.

You can't start with the assumption that the thing did happen and require proof of the negative.

Sorry but claiming it was 100% Trump supporters (no antagonistic actors) is claiming something happened and by your standards would require proof.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    but that's just internet argumentation 101. What about if you really want to know if the claim is true? And I'm not talking about :tinfoil: stuff.

So, for example, say there's a claim that Hunter Biden left his computer at some repair shop, and the repair guy took an image of the hard drive. And it had all kinds of stuff on it that might pertain to him potentially peddling the influence of his father, the former VP, and at the time a candidate for POTUS. How far would you go to be reasonably sure how much of that story is true? If someone just claims it, are you going to sit around until they provide proof? Or are you going to go find out because it's important, and you're curious if we're about to elect someone who might peddle their power?
    You just described what the democrats have been doing to Trump since 2016.
    Hookers peeing in a bed Obama slept in, all of Russia Russia Russia, the whole thing that Hillary, Pelosi, the news, pretty much everyone as been saying

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    And like I said.....it is a huge draw to folks so in the end it will remain out front. But in this if you just park in here we may have issues as this is actually a gun forum.
    Do you own a gun.
    What is it.
    Check your likes I still have that one :)
    Make your life miserable? Not intentionally!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Do you own a gun.
    What is it.
    I wish I had a gun.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Here is the issue with that.
    We are trying to grow the forum as it is a business after all.
    A big draw is the classifieds. It brings in a lot of new members. Then the political Sub-Forum. Throw in some chicks with guns and fishing rods and there you have it.

Let me say something here that may offend you but not my intention.
    People that support the site. Not just people that post here. We all have a voice and we listen but in the end as in the real world some voices just might be a little bit louder.

Again, no knock. It is free to attend.

No knock taken, I don't know all the angles you're trying to go for.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Their choice because they could have had anyone they wanted? Or choice because he was better than voting for yet another career politician who didn't have to have a committee approve his every word before he gave it in public?

You said it yourself, you voted for the man as the least evil option. Just like 99% of the other people who voted "for" Trump. It was a vote against the establishment. He wasn't the candidate I would have wanted but he was the only candidate I considered as what we've been doing for decades is not working and the direction this country is headed with little resistance from the Republicans.

If I'm drowning and someone throws me a life preserver I'm not going to complain because it smells musty.
    Too few people appreciate that Trump single-handedly saved us from ¡Jeb! as our candidate and thus Hillary aas our president for the last 4 years.

I really hope he taught a few Republicans what it felt like to fight and win and that those people are surprised to find they actually have a pair

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We have some things we are discussing. One is that we all have to actually talk about guns and gun related things on a gun forum or no joy for the political threads. If you are only here to disrupt somebody's poop pile then take it elsewhere.
    We also have some new tools in the arsenal that might get some attention.
    How long will it take the complaints to come rolling in when we all start hanging around the Czickness thread? :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How long will it take the complaints to come rolling in when we all start hanging around the Czickness thread? :)
    You do realize I can lock you or any member from a given thread temp/perm at my choosing.
    The mod arsenal is deep with this new system....:lmfao:

And anyone can come and enjoy the thread.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You do realize I can lock you or any member from a given thread temp/perm at my choosing.
    The mod arsenal is deep with this new system....:lmfao:

And anyone can come and enjoy the thread.
    I did not realize you had been given such selective targeting. Have you worked on your :evil laugh:?

No one I'd rather see have that kind of power (except maybe rookie)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Too few people appreciate that Trump single-handedly saved us from ¡Jeb! as our candidate and thus Hillary aas our president for the last 4 years.

I really hope he taught a few Republicans what it felt like to fight and win and that those people are surprised to find they actually have a pair
    Jeb will be back.

He will save us from this dystopia.

yyYT6Um.jpg

Top Bottom