• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I may be wrong but I do think Ramaswamy is sincerely America first. I’ve been quite skeptical of him, but his passion seems legit.
    I'm beginning to come around on Ramaswamy. He's consistently speaking the right things and I do think he sincerely believes in the things he speaks of.

He's willing to have a discussion with anyone about anything. He has no problem with even stepping out of a comfort zone and I've seen him several times in clips on the campaign trail respectfully engaging in open dialogue with those that oppose him.

I've seen a few times when he's been able to articulate to them in a manner that disarms them by the end of a short discussion almost to the point that they don't know what else to say and it seems like they may even start to ponder the points that he makes.

I'm not of the mind to just dismiss him entirely.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I'm beginning to come around on Ramaswamy. He's consistently speaking the right things and I do think he sincerely believes in the things he speaks of.

He's willing to have a discussion with anyone about anything. He has no problem with even stepping out of a comfort zone and I've seen him several times in clips on the campaign trail respectfully engaging in open dialogue with those that oppose him.

I've seen a few times when he's been able to articulate to them in a manner that disarms them by the end of a short discussion almost to the point that they don't know what else to say and it seems like they may even start to ponder the points that he makes.

I'm not of the mind to just dismiss him entirely.
    I have 2 thoughts about this young man. 1) he knows he cannot win so he is just telling it like it is without worry of any backlashes, unlike someone who is in the lead and needs to be careful about who they may offend, and 2) he’s playing the field for some one who can very well win. Talking about the issues without concern, bringing light to tough issues for people to truly think about that actually supports the agenda of another candidate (Who may be busy with a few lawsuits). IOW, he’s campaigning for another candidate.

Regardless, he is setting the stage for a future job.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I have 2 thoughts about this young man. 1) he knows he cannot win so he is just telling it like it is without worry of any backlashes, unlike someone who is in the lead and needs to be careful about who they may offend, and 2) he’s playing the field for some one who can very well win. Talking about the issues without concern, bringing light to tough issues for people to truly think about that actually supports the agenda of another candidate (Who may be busy with a few lawsuits). IOW, he’s campaigning for another candidate.

Regardless, he is setting the stage for a future job.
    The bottom-line question that jamil and I spoke about was the question of sincerity. Do you think he is truly sincere about that which he speaks of?

It appears that we both are tending toward believing that he is after first being skeptical.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I believe anyone who puts out a video statement like this must believe in Great USA. Is he sincere? IMO, that question does not matter at this point because message speaks volumes. He is stirring up patriotic feelings about America. IF it was all rhetoric it would be to his destruction of any political path he thought he ever had.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    1) he knows he cannot win so he is just telling it like it is without worry of any backlashes
    This is it. He’s not gonna be nominated and he knows it. I think his campaign at this point is to use the platform of a presidential candidate to get his message out. The press just can’t ignore him. I think he will stay in it as long as other people not named Donald Trump are in it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One other thing. He says some very controversial things in a very assertive, almost an aggressive way. I mean he can articulate his points well enough not to need the aggressive approach. I wonder if he does that to goad the corporate press to get him on the show and try to embarrass him. But to him, it just gets him in front of more people who need to hear why our leaders need to put America first.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I believe anyone who puts out a video statement like this must believe in Great USA. Is he sincere? IMO, that question does not matter at this point because message speaks volumes. He is stirring up patriotic feelings about America. IF it was all rhetoric it would be to his destruction of any political path he thought he ever had.

Regardless of if you think the question of sincerity matters at this point do you believe that he is being sincere of that which he speaks of? I'm thinking that you might based on what you are saying in this post. Am I right in that interpretation or not?

Just to be clear I'm not trying to sway anyone here into backing Ramaswamy over Trump. I think it's past time for him to overcome his deficit to garner the nomination.

I'm just trying to get a feel for those that might believe whether he is sincere or not about AF policies. A simple yes or no would suffice. Yes I do think he's being sincere or no I don't.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    'm just trying to get a feel for those that might believe whether he is sincere or not about AF policies. A simple yes or no would be suffice. Yes I do think he's being sincere or no I don't.
    French Yes GIF by Groundhog Day (GIF Image)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Regardless of if you think the question of sincerity matters at this point do you believe that he is being sincere of that which he speaks of? I'm thinking that you might based on what you are saying in this post. Am I right in that interpretation or not?

Just to be clear I'm not trying to sway anyone here into backing Ramaswamy over Trump. I think it's past time for him to overcome his deficit to garner the nomination.

I'm just trying to get a feel for those that might believe whether he is sincere or not about AF policies. A simple yes or no would be suffice. Yes I do think he's being sincere or no I don't.
    I think Ramaswamy understands he’s not going to be the nominee. So now it’s a discussion of motivations for staying in it and saying what he’s saying. Is he just trying to fill out his resume for a spot in Trump’s administration should that happen? Maybe. Could be he doesn’t believe any of it and is just trying to be a spoiler. Idunno but my gut tells me he’s sincere in what he’s saying about this country. Not so sure he’s sincere about some of the more radical campaign promises.

He’s not spending much money On his campaign. I think he’s taking a page from Trump’s 2016 script where he says controversial things that the media can’t help but bite on, and that gets him invited on CNN and such, and people that would have only heard what the media says about him will now get to say it directly. He’s probably not going to get rid of the FBI. But saying he will gets him invited to say what’s wrong with the FBI on mainstream TV.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think Ramaswamy understands he’s not going to be the nominee. So now it’s a discussion of motivations for staying in it and saying what he’s saying. Is he just trying to fill out his resume for a spot in Trump’s administration should that happen? Maybe. Could be he doesn’t believe any of it and is just trying to be a spoiler. Idunno but my gut tells me he’s sincere in what he’s saying about this country. Not so sure he’s sincere about some of the more radical campaign promises.

He’s not spending much money On his campaign. I think he’s taking a page from Trump’s 2016 script where he says controversial things that the media can’t help but bite on, and that gets him invited on CNN and such, and people that would have only heard what the media says about him will now get to say it directly. He’s probably not going to get rid of the FBI. But saying he will gets him invited to say what’s wrong with the FBI on mainstream TV.
    So you're gut is saying yes. What about the rest of you? Is the rest of you still not sure? :):

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF by ABC Network (GIF Image)

Not a yes or no to be found. :p

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel

I'm just trying to get a feel for those that might believe whether he is sincere or not about AF policies. A simple yes or no would suffice. Yes I do think he's being sincere or no I don't.
    I think he's a salesman. He is making a pitch and will adjust his pitch as he sees fit.

He would likely take a big pay cut to work in office.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County

I think his intentions are sincere.

Top Bottom