• ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'll have to disagree that there are no Palestinians,
    “Despite what the media has been preaching for almost 60 years, there is no historical Palestinian state or people. Over 4,000 years ago, there were small tribes living in Canaan, such as Moabites, Amalekites, etc. There was no Palestine of people or land.”

“Nowhere in this 3,000-year history does Palestine or Palestinians exist or even get discussed. The British created a mandate called “Palestine” on July 24, 1922, which was the first mention of the word in thousands of years.”

“In 1948, U.N. Resolution 181 granted statehood to two states: a Jewish one called Israel and an Arab one called Palestine. This is the first time there is a nation or people with the name of Palestine, even though they were in fact all Jordanians.”

“And now comes the seed that leads to the current support from the left of “Palestine.” In the early 1960s, the Arab coalition was not only physically losing wars, but was considered bullies of Israel in worldwide media. They were the Goliath that kept losing to David. So they hired the public relations firm of Dudley-Anderson-Yutzy in New York (founded in 1909, no longer in business) to change their image in the world. George Anderson told them they needed a “victim,” a group that would be perceived as smaller and even more abused than the Israelis, and the Palestinian cause was born.

The Palestinians are a creation to bludgeon Israel with, created by a NY public relations firm. Can’t make this crap up…

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    On topic, the more I see Ramaswamy, the more I dislike him. He was refreshing in the beginning but he is now sounding like a skipping record. I like what he is saying but something just isn’t right with him. He seems like a spoiled cocky kid running for class president. Something is missing.
    I'm coming to a different opinion.

I think he is a young, very smart, energetic, successful man who after January 6th dug in and started learning more about his country. He had a head start as he was raised by immigrant parents who it appears came here the right way for the right reasons and are grateful for opportunity and liberty. Things he would have lived as he grew up.

One thing I have been waiting on is a clear 10th Amendment reference. He has been saying the right things, but had not invoked the Constitutional basis for much of his program of reducing the administrative state.

Today I watched a video where he invoked the 10th Amendment, strengthening my hope for him.

A young, passionate, intelligent, outsider who can challenge TPTB when they start with the "but you don't understand" BS could be a powerful thing. This is especially true if you are willing to break things, and he appears to be willing to break things and force the courts to make some decisions.

I will take that any day over the uni-party status quo and the slide into oblivion.

I believe he has learned from his predecessors and won't make the same mistakes of relying upon old members of the administrative complex should he take office.

No one is perfect. At this juncture I am more than willing to take a chance on someone, than risk remaining on the current trajectory.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I'm coming to a different opinion.

I think he is a young, very smart, energetic, successful man who after January 6th dug in and started learning more about his country. He had a head start as he was raised by immigrant parents who it appears came here the right way for the right reasons and are grateful for opportunity and liberty. Things he would have lived as he grew up.

One thing I have been waiting on is a clear 10th Amendment reference. He has been saying the right things, but had not invoked the Constitutional basis for much of his program of reducing the administrative state.

Today I watched a video where he invoked the 10th Amendment, strengthening my hope for him.

A young, passionate, intelligent, outsider who can challenge TPTB when they start with the "but you don't understand" BS could be a powerful thing. This is especially true if you are willing to break things, and he appears to be willing to break things and force the courts to make some decisions.

I will take that any day over the uni-party status quo and the slide into oblivion.

I believe he has learned from his predecessors and won't make the same mistakes of relying upon old members of the administrative complex should he take office.

No one is perfect. At this juncture I am more than willing to take a chance on someone, than risk remaining on the current trajectory.

I don‘t disagree at all. I am just unsure how he plans on doing all these wonderful things. When (not if) he gets the full attack of the opposition, how will he stand up against it. I’m watching but not fully convinced.
    When I watch what’s going on now, I am struggling with him as my leader and I am not sure why.

He knows the playbook but can he play the game?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

The 1st Amendment protects all of those that gathered who were nonviolent They should be granted a full pardon.

"There is no greater threat to the First Amendment than the use of police power to silence political dissent. I’ve said it for months, on day 1, I will pardon all non-violent Jan 6 protesters & political prisoners."

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    This guy is a serious brain with real intellectual depth.

I can't say I agree with everything he says, but I'll take him over any of the others any day of the week.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He would have the same problem as Trump 1.0 or any Libertarian if elected, few true allies in congress, plenty of people who would like to use him for personal gain and little support from a party he dare not turn his back on

He is making DeSantis' mistake, VP first so people can see if you have any chops before you qualify for the big chair

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    VP first obviously isn't such a priority. Trump wasn't a VP. Trumpers believed he was the right man for the job just based on what he said. It's fair then if others believe Rammy. Or DeSantis. Or whoever even if they're untried. And I think DeSantis has experience that transfers easily to the big chair. But he ain't getting there this time around.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    VP first obviously isn't such a priority. Trump wasn't a VP. Trumpers believed he was the right man for the job just based on what he said. It's fair then if others believe Rammy. Or DeSantis. Or whoever even if they're untried. And I think DeSantis has experience that transfers easily to the big chair. But he ain't getting there this time around.
    He (DeSantis) should have waited until '28. He's young and had plenty of time. Now all people are going to remember is that he had some success as a governor back when

Scott Walker 2.0

'Swamy has that huckster vibe. He's really sharp but the gut feeling is 'snake oil salesman' (and remember, I like him)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He (DeSantis) should have waited until '28. He's young and had plenty of time. Now all people are going to remember is that he had some success as a governor back when

Scott Walker 2.0

'Swamy has that huckster vibe. He's really sharp but the gut feeling is 'snake oil salesman' (and remember, I like him)
    He probably would be more successful running in '28 if he'd have stayed out. He could have had time to wait out the Disney ****. Racked up some more wins against ClownWorld™ in FL. As it is now, the Trumpers may not forgive him in '28 for running against Trump in '24.

I think at this point the only thing that might help him in '28 is if Trump picks him as running mate, which I'm not confident at all that he would do.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County

Scott Walker 2.0

At this point, if anything would happen to Trump and he was not able to run, DeSantis will most likely get my vote.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He probably would be more successful running in '28 if he'd have stayed out. He could have had time to wait out the Disney ****. Racked up some more wins against ClownWorld™ in FL. As it is now, the Trumpers may not forgive him in '28 for running against Trump in '24.

I think at this point the only thing that might help him in '28 is if Trump picks him as running mate, which I'm not confident at all that he would do.
    I hope he's just posturing for the news cycle, but his stated desire to have FL universities decertify campus orgs that 'support terrorism' (ie: Hamas or Palestinians in general) seems a bit authoritarian and in conflict with the 1A

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom