• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You do not need to be a citizen or even a resident alien to get your LTCH in Indiana. I am a non-resident alien and I have an LTCH.

Someone at the EPD is either very ignorant of the situation or ignoring the law. Either way they should not be at the job. The most confusing thing is it is not the EPD who issue or approve the application it is the State Police.

Could the Millenium Falcon really do the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs?

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Don't know the name of the girl that talked to Emily. I wasn't there for the phone call. Emily called me at work, damn near in tears, telling me what the lady on the phone told her. I was beyond pissed. I plan on going down there tomorrow and having a chat with *hopefully someone that actually knows what the hell the law is.

EPD, IF you guys read this site, which I am sure you do, because we're just a bunch of unstable gun toting nuts, I am astonished. Absolutely astonished.

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Don't know the name of the girl that talked to Emily. I wasn't there for the phone call. Emily called me at work, damn near in tears, telling me what the lady on the phone told her. I was beyond pissed. I plan on going down there tomorrow and having a chat with *hopefully someone that actually knows what the hell the law is.

EPD, IF you guys read this site, which I am sure you do, because we're just a bunch of unstable gun toting nuts, I am astonished. Absolutely astonished.

Now they'll see it ;)

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's no point in engaging the ISP's appeals process, because the ISP has not even seen this application yet and would not have any idea what the Hell you were talking about. This application is being illegally stone-walled at the city level. The place to attack this problem is at the city level. Get back in touch with the city PD and, has been mentioned, climb the ladder of supervisors until you find one who doesn't have his cranium inserted quite so far up his rectal cavity. If that means the Chief, Mayor, or Governor, just keep climbing.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Guy's and gals, please try to get the info straight. I've talked to the sergeant in charge of ltchs. They get info together, run local histories and send it to the state. It would not and did not get turned down by the EPD.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Guy's and gals, please try to get the info straight. I've talked to the sergeant in charge of ltchs. They get info together, run local histories and send it to the state. It would not and did not get turned down by the EPD.

Then explain why she got a phone call from the EPD denying her a ltch and not the state?

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I had two people tell me that they had restrainging orders on me and I couldn't make any more runs to their house/apartment anymore.
    Does that really work? If I wouldn't lose my LTCH I would go get a couple restraining orders against me so I could stop making stupid runs

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Alright, here's what happened. I went down to the EPD, and asked to speak to the person in charge of gun licensing. Here's the conversation I had with the secretary:

M: Can I speak with whoever is in charge of handgun licenses?
    H: Sure, what is this regarding?
    M: Emily Killians LTCH.
    H: Oh yes, one moment.
    Picks up the phone and is waiting for a answer.
    H: Isn't she only 18?
    M:Yes

Then this older lady came up, who is in charge of doing the LTCH stuff and this conversation happened:

Her (H): How can I help you?
    Me (M): I have a few questions about Emily Kil-
    H: I told her since she is not a citizen of the US, I can't issue her a permit!
    M: Ok, I need to speak to your supervisor.

At that point she got pretty pissed and just walked to the back. Wow, great social skills. Raising her voice so everyone in the waiting room could hear it. Awesome.

I sat there for a ten minutes, and asked one of the girls that sit at the front desk if I could talk to her supervisor, she said "She went back to get him, one moment please." After waiting another five minutes, I left, and went to my doctors appointment. I wasn't gonna stand there for god knows how long.

I called back to the EPD after my appointment, and talked to a Sergeant up there, and he explained everything to me. Since she wasn't born IN the US, they would like to see a form of ID, that proves she is a US citizen. A birth certificate would work. If we choose not to comply, he told me the state would just take longer to OK her LTCH, because they will want to check into where she was born, why she was born there, and to whom.

I am pretty pissed that a girl, whose father served for our country, who has a SSN, and has lived in this country for 99.8% of her life is being put under this much scrutiny. But at this point, I was just too pissed to calmly talk to someone. So we hung up, and I cooled down. I am gonna talk to her tonight about getting her birth certificate and running it down there.

Personally I think this is a ton of bull****, but it's the system.

Last edited:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    OP, does your finace' have a "Consular Record Of Birth" (Birth certificate issues to children of US Citizens born overseas?

My oldest daughter was born at 95th Evac in Wuerzburg. Two of my step children were born overseas as well, none have ever had a problem establishing Citizenship.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    OP, does your finace' have a "Consular Record Of Birth" (Birth certificate issues to children of US Citizens born overseas?

My oldest daughter was born at 95th Evac in Wuerzburg. Two of my step children were born overseas as well, none have ever had a problem establishing Citizenship.

I would assume so, I have never seen it, nor have we really ever talked about her birth. It's just one of those things that has never came up.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I didn't read the entire thread because I was too impatient to say this.

I assume they haven't given you the application to send to the ISP?

She hasn't been denied, EPD is refusing to give her the application. Call them back and tell them you want the application. They are legally required to give it to you. There is an IN Supreme Court ruling verifying this. The most they can do is note on it that they recommend she not be given one. ISP will get a laugh if they try that.

Next, sue the crap out of them and brag about it here.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Ok, read the thread. You don't have to do that crap. EPD doesn't issue the license!

Tell them you want her completed and signed application to send to the ISP and if they don't you will file a lawsuit.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom