• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Freeborn Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Memphis, IN
    For those who didn't make it sure missed out! It was a really fun day. The rain quit right before 10 and only sprinkled on us for a few minutes. Max had a popper activated Texas Star that started spinning before you got to it! What a great learning day!! Thanks Max, I had a great time

Matt

Tomt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    practice at SCGC

Weather really cooperated. Super good training stages that covered about everything. Shot about 400 rounds with some of them even on the targets. Thanks Max for a good day. T

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Thinking about doing the Practice/Training day every month. Anybody interested? Thinking maybe the 3rd Saturday of each month and maybe the 5th Sunday in months that have a 5th weekend. The Saturday group was a lot of fun and they all really improved as the day when on. Good time. You guys let me know what you think. Max

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I've been lurking in the shooting sports forum section for a while. I want to come out and watch a match one day, but I've been having family obligations last couple months. Would the training day be open to anyone, or only member? I've been told Max is the best around and I need to talk to him about training if I want to try this sport.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I've been lurking in the shooting sports forum section for a while. I want to come out and watch a match one day, but I've been having family obligations last couple months. Would the training day be open to anyone, or only member? I've been told Max is the best around and I need to talk to him about training if I want to try this sport.

If I were you I wouldn't leave my gear at home if you come out to watch:)
    Just read through the sticky at the top of this page to make sure you have enough mags and carriers for the division that you want to shoot in and then come to a match and shoot.
    just tell the person doing sign in that it's your first match and they will out you on a squad with some experienced shooters that will be more than happy to help you out

An event like this with max would be a good place to start as well. You do not have to be a member of uspsa or the host club to shoot a local match.

ACT also puts on an intro to competition class and that is how I got started send coach a pm and ask him when the next one is .

welcome I hope to see you at a match soon

kch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    I was pretty intimidated my first time. Hell, I was somewhat anxious and on edge the first couple of matches I shot. I just didn't want to do anything wrong. It CAN seem a bit overwhelming because were 'running' around with firearms but the clubs and they're volunteers do outstanding. Any question you have can be answered within seconds and everyone is really friendly. Come check it out, it's awesome!:D

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton

Indeed it would be a great place to start. Since you are from that area, Max is a wealth of knowledge and can put you on the fast track.

Check with him to see what his availability is. He maybe willing to do a private lesson.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I was pretty intimidated my first time. Hell, I was somewhat anxious and on edge the first couple of matches I shot. I just didn't want to do anything wrong. It CAN seem a bit overwhelming because were 'running' around with firearms but the clubs and they're volunteers do outstanding. Any question you have can be answered within seconds and everyone is really friendly. Come check it out, it's awesome!:D

You aren't much of a :n00b: anymore. Again, great run at the area match!

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    In order to do the Practice/Training days I need 8-10 shooters to Committ and SHOW UP. I put several hours into the design and setup of the stages I use at the training, if the shooters don't show I am out money to put everything into to play. This is more shooting and advice for about the same cost as a regular match with a lot of feed back. I only do this to help people out who want to improve their shooting skills. Thanks Max

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    For sure just about the best 25 dollars I have spent on shooting. The feedback I got from max was great the amount of confidence a day like this will give a new shooter is worth the 25 dollars in itself. Not only could I see mistakes and learn from them, but you could also try several options on the same stage and see the difference that being smooth makes to just running and shooting. It seemed like everytime I shot a stage it was slower but the times told a different story and so did the scores. To a new shooter the info you would get from this is priceless. As a new shooter myself I will tell you first hand to listen and ask a lot of questions.

T. Linville

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom