• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gruemeyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    At the 1st of 2009 when Obama's AG announced the Ban was coming back Lowers dryed up and the price went up. They have been back to the $119.95 to $239.95 range since summer of 2009.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    At the 1st of 2009 when Obama's AG announced the Ban was coming back Lowers dryed up and the price went up. They have been back to the $119.95 to $239.95 range since summer of 2009.

In the interest of full-disclosure, would you care to share your exact relationship to Popguns?

gruemeyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Nick.. not sure what business adventure you are talking about. At the time we had less than 10 mags - no distributors had any with no clear idea when Glock would ship and Obama's AG was talking ban. It was not personal it was business. The issue we have with the postin is that you did not talk to us about it before for posting.

Of course you are welcome on the range at anytime.

gruemeyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Sorry if you thought I was threating. Not sure which part was threatening. We generally do not have the time to few forums so i attempted to address few people all at the same time.

POPGUNS and now The Familiy Indoor Shooting Range has enjoyed an excellent reputation and business since 1985. We can not make everyone happy - however we apparently make enough folks happy to the pay bills.

gruemeyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Thank you.. The store in MI is fortunate to have a bank roll to stock such a great supply of firearms. WHen Carolyn took over the store she looked at the numbers and dropped the firearms to only carry the items that sold. The guys are still grieved since she does not allow any Good Ole Boy Ordering just because it looks cool to us.

ALso th ebiggest issue is the lack of used guns. in the past when the economy turned bad the 1st thing we saw was a major increase in used guns coming in for cash. FOlks are just to scared to let them go. CRIME - Economy or Mr Obama ??? Not sure which??

gruemeyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Nick again you remember things a little different , however that is no relivent(sp).

I spoke with Terry he does not remember you mentioning any type of business. Are you selling firearms or gunsmithing? If selling , we sell this wouldn't make since. If gumsmithing, as I reall you do not have any formal training in smithing? We are confused as to what the issue is.
    Are only issue is your posting with out disucussing it with Terry or another mgr. The priced of the mag was based on supply vs demand.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    It was not personal it was business.quote]

Prices always seemed higher than normal at Pops, thats why I do not shop there. Durring the Obama ban talk(excuse some shops used to bend people over), prices were way beyond reasonable at Pops. 200-300% markup on AR items, is that about accurate? Alot of reputable merchants took back orders for hard to get items at pre Obama prices, then delivered as the products came in. Customers remember who their friends are, it is personal.

gruemeyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Pricing appears to be an issue. Just for conversation sack what do you consider a fair mark up for a Retail store?

gruemeyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Yes Prices were marked based on availablity. We did not take pre-orders or customers money based on what might be. At the time everyone thought Obama's crew was going to go forward with the ban. So therefore we had no idea what prices woiuld be or if product wouild be available. Of course the Demo's will attack again the prices will go up again. We do not appologize for making a profit. If the supply of Ar lowers are unlimited the mark up is accordingly, if the 3 in the store might be the last three we ever see we wil mark up the price . Folks this is business.. Again I am curious as to what mark up yoiu consider a fair mark up for a Retail store?

gruemeyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Sorry. we allowed shotguns at one time, however they damage3d too many carriers to allow them. No steel as to recycle the brass and they are too dirty.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Yes Prices were marked based on availablity. We did not take pre-orders or customers money based on what might be. At the time everyone thought Obama's crew was going to go forward with the ban. So therefore we had no idea what prices woiuld be or if product wouild be available. Of course the Demo's will attack again the prices will go up again. We do not appologize for making a profit. If the supply of Ar lowers are unlimited the mark up is accordingly, if the 3 in the store might be the last three we ever see we wil mark up the price . Folks this is business.. Again I am curious as to what mark up yoiu consider a fair mark up for a Retail store?

No, sorry, what you did is called "price gouging". Like after 9/11 and rumors of gas shortages were everywhere, and some gas stations jacked up their prices. Was that good business, or taking advantage of the customer?

You say you raised prices as your inventory got low, yet, I did not see that happening in any of the more reputable stores...:dunno:

Also, the price you paid did not go up, since you admitted that it was on IN STOCK merch. Raising your prices as your distributors raise price? Good business. Raising your prices to 100, 200 or 300% markup on already in stock merch, hoping some sucker will pay it? Criminal.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side

What gun control bill are you talking about? Got a link to it? Am I missing something?

gruemeyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Ladys and Gentlemen

We have attempted to address your issues. I will forward your responses to Michael and Mrs. Hilton. They will take the appropriate action as needed. Again if you have an issue address we ask that you address the issue in person while in the store - not hide behind an anonymous Avaitar on a forum.

I will attempt to again visit this forum within the next few days.

Thank You.

gruemeyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Thank you for the input. I appreciate the help. Truthfully with the load Mike has on me I do not have th etime to do spell . check. However it appears the jest of the information is coming thru.
    Thanks again for your kind help. I must sign off now before I get caught messing around

gruemeyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    No bills at this time. The comment was made based on the Dems past history. When they get down fixing Health insurance and the ecomony the guns will be next.

Good Bye

Top Bottom