• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Wow. This does not seem like a good post to get more customers.

I don't generally complain about gun shops. In fact - I give them the benefit of the doubt. But my only experience with POPGUNS has been negative. I could barely get help for the book I was purchasing.

The prices are high, and you say you can't stay in business with lower prices?

Huh. Bradis must be selling some backdoor stuff to keep their doors open because their prices are far lower and they've had the doors open quite a while!

That said, I'm a free market man. Charge what you want. I'll do exactly as you ask, and shop elsewhere.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    The economy is a *****. Customer service has nothing to do with pricing. You have a lazy staff, deal with it.

She also wishes to express her concerns to those who might believe the few negitive people on the forum. She would also like to suggest to those few find the balls to come into the store an dexpress their concerns in prerson rahter than hide behind a forum avatar. So she sent an ignorant lap-dog, to hide behind a forum avatar, to whine like a school girl? Neat. Shows character. Poor character.

There are many great stores in town and she suggests you shop the one that suits your needs and personality. I already have, that's why you think the economy is ****ty. as it turns out, it's just you!

The owner (Carolyn) of the Family Indoor Shooting Range has asked me to thank all their loyal customers who helped the Retail store/range and online stores show growth in 2009 even during a negitive economy. I hope she can send a few nickels your way to buy that spell check software you're saving for.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Local places need to protect every potential sale. It's a matter of time before the online game really gets in their pockets. Far lower overhead, insurance and plain BS to put up with.

I have spent probably 75% of my gun money online in the past 5 years. Frankly, I can wait a week for the USPS to bring me what I need. To me, saving 10% - 20% (not to mention 250%) is important. I work hard to earn my money and would rather some some left for the ole Indiana 529 plan.

ilfishin

I don't like this
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    My son and I stopped at Pop's recently on a Saturday. The guy we talked to said he was the IT guy (sorry, can't remember his name) and only works a couple days a month. Anyway, he was very pleasant and took the time to answer all the questions we had. Even took time to chat with us too. The rest of them could learn a thing or two from this guy on customer service. Prices are coming down, but still too high for me.

gruemeyer, you post started out ok, but seemed to turn into a flaming rant.

And as for this:

She also wishes to express her concerns to those who might believe the few negitive people on the forum. She would also like to suggest to those few find the balls to come into the store an dexpress their concerns in prerson rahter than hide behind a forum avatar.

Maybe she (Carolyn) should have came here and posted this instead of hiding behind you and your avatar. Just my :twocents:.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I've tried POP's a few times over the years, to give them the benefit of the doubt, and everytime I did I encountered employees with attitudes and outrageous prices. I did not need someone to tell me not to shop there, I figured it out all by myself. Why should I support ***holes.
    Oh and if need be...... my balls can get bigger! :noway:

Last edited:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Cumberland
    Maaaaan

I wish i could go through there like Gordan Ramsey. Propose a few ideas and help straighten some sh** out.....

But what do i know about a buisness like that.:dunno:

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am a member of the range at pops and I love goin there to shoot! I will never buy any ofthe over priced ammo there, and I havent seen a gun for a descent price that I would purchace either. Thats mainly because I've been spoiled by budsgunshop though.

Couple words of advice....

When I go to check into the range...standing right at the counter with my rather large black range bag, and you stand at the register looking right at me eating taco bell and not saying a word to me as to if I need some help....Thats bad for business.

Being out of targets every dang time I go...Thats bad for business.

When I ask to see an accessory out of the case and you show it to me, while looking at me with the :rolleyes: face as if "this guy ant going to buy a dang thing". Thats bad for business.

Showing me the most expensive Sig AR in the store for over 2k and looking at me agian with the :rolleyes: face when I ask to see the Smith &Wesson MP-15 22cal......thats bad for business.

Never checking on the guys in the range, when you can odviously tell some of your patrons have never touched a gun in their life and are using horrible handling techniques in the stalls...Thats bad for business.

I know you are a family shop, but with a million dollar business, I would think that you would take just a bit more stock in the professionalism and efficientcy of your shop.

All in all, I like the shop and it is right around the corner, but there is alot of room for improvement.

Also, as far as having the balls to come in and share negative opinions on how you run your business.....Seriously. How well do you think that will be recieved. "ok, today im going to go to pop guns and tell a bunch of guys toting around guns a list of things that I think sucks about there place of employment" :rolleyes:

See you saturday ;)

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    WOW!

Are you kidding me? What a great State of the Union Address. Awesome PR work there!

Lost my business, and occasional walk through to marvel at your high prices and terrible service with this post. Don's east, great work! WELL THATS NOT TRUE, at least the people at Don's notice your in there store and try to prey off of you! Every time I've been in I've had rolling eyes in my direction, or I've been ignored in favor of employee interaction even when I've been the only customer in the store(not including range). Outrageous gun, ammo and accessories prices doesn't help either. Just wanted to let you know that. If you want business, maybe you shouldn't attack the customers? Learn to take criticism and address that issue without attacking or ranting. Your business will fail, and thats very unfortunate, but completely your fault.

I will continue to send my friends and family to other shops.

PS: Please use your "have the balls to say something" line in your every day business. See how much you sell. I promise you nothing. I've had the balls to say something, but oddly enough, your employees didn't know I was there anyway and continued about there business and rolled their eyes. Wonder how that works!

Last edited:

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I have complained In store and said I don't like waiting for help. I would buy holsters and other things from the store. It took forever to get some one to take my money, I did b*tch about that in store. The best employee in the older guy with gray hair. Mike is always friendly but seems bothered by helping people. You guys don't answer the phone. I would never pay the high gun prices. PSS, Bradis, Bullseye in Kokomo and other are so much cheaper. I didn't need you to tell me to shop at other shops. Already did and stopped my year membership and went to Bullseye. There is no reason for bad service, when I am the only one in the store. Lower the prices some and learn customer service and write us back. Also we will pay a litle higher for items if we get good service.
    Thanks

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I also noticed that the main complainers are the same 5 or 6 guys to complain about everything. make that 7 ;)

She also wishes to express her concerns to those who might believe the few negitive people on the forum. She would also like to suggest to those few find the balls to come into the store an dexpress their concerns in prerson rahter than hide behind a forum avatar. i live pretty far away from your store. i am not about to drive down there to complain to you in person. how stupid is that? as if you would even consider dealing with a person whose only intention is to complain, and in front of other customers. sure, i bet you will be all ears. :rolleyes: and since you read this forum, i'll just stick to whining like a mule here. k thanks.

There are many great stores in town and she suggests you shop the one that suits your needs and personality. roger that. Beechgrove might not have the selection, but they have great prices and treat me with respect. in fact, every other store i have set foot in with one or two exceptions has lower prices. hell, i have been in Pops and not even been acknowledged when the store only had 2 or 3 other people. even the guys at Don's asked me if i was looking for something in particular.

thanks for posting.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Funny thing that Supply and Demand Economy you talk about... Only Pop's and Don's got poor reviews over and over by the local membership and shooting community. Seems to be a trend, however I do love how you single out an individual, very professional.

TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    I dont know who the gray haired guy is but i told him all the prices were high. He gave me a dirty look. I asked if he was Dons son. It got ugly and i told him i would never be back.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I'm going to give the benefit of a doubt that this manifesto wasn't actually written by someone who has the authority to speak for Popguns. If it was, I can't imagine they could have stayed in business this long.

I've been in 5-6 times in a couple of years, beginning after I moved here from another State. I dropped nearly a $1k on the second trip on a nice AR that they clearanced a year before Obamanation.

My impressions?

Range: Clean. Well lit. Reasonably well ventilated. No complaints. Actually, never dealt with a wait either.

Retail: High prices. High enough that I bought one holster (leather slide) but would unlikely buy other items. Not comparing the prices to internet pricing but actual brick&mortar stores in town.

Customer Service: Night and day, depending on who is working. Three or four guys? Very helpful. Another three or four? You're bothering them by being there.

The range is nice. The prices aren't competitive except in the most rare case. Customer service is 50/50 depending on who is there.

Comparison? Bradis, Beech Grove, PSS, Elmore's? Always happy to see you. Always treating you like the customer. Very good, competitive pricing at each. KS&E? A bit crusty but not too bad plus their prices are great.

I feel like Popguns niche is a good indoor range. It's not the retail side or the warm/fuzzy great customer experience.

I can see how the manifesto has been worked to seem like it comes from Popguns. It conveys the attitude I've seen when the experience does fall in that 50% poor range.

Surely this was a joke.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I agree. As soon as I started reading his post, I automatically assumed it was some kid trying to start something. Maybe he just started working at pops too? Who knows. But I can't imagine an actual employee getting on here and posting a message like that. I've had only one bad experience with an employee there, but after talking to the others, I can't see any of them posting a message like that

Last edited:

standeford

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm going to give the benefit of a doubt that this manifesto wasn't actually written by someone who has the authority to speak for Popguns.

If they have a marketing consultant, they need to get a different one, no doubt. And I have no complaints about the store. Not bought much there, but stopped in many times. Their prices on new guns are a little high but they've never tried to force me to pay them.

KS&E? A bit crusty but not too bad plus their prices are great.

You don't need to pull any punches, KS&E is the whole way crusty.

Top Bottom