• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Current state of politically motivated violence...

From the great prophets of Red Rider...

Lunatic fringe
    I know you're out there
    You're in hiding
    And you hold your meetings
    I can hear you coming
    I know what you're after
    We're wise to you this time (wise to you this time)
    We won't let you kill the laughter

Lunatic fringe
    In the twilight's last gleaming
    But this is open season
    But you won't get too far
    'Cause you've got to blame someone
    For your own confusion
    We're on guard this time (on guard this time)
    Against your final solution

We can hear you coming (we can hear you coming)
    No, you're not going to win this time (not gonna win)
    We can hear the footsteps (we can hear the footsteps)
    Hey, out along the walkway (out along the walkway)

Lunatic fringe
    We all know you're out there
    Can you feel the resistance
    Can you feel the thunder

[video=youtube_share;sTFVMMCwsss]https://youtu.be/sTFVMMCwsss[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...22d0ae-123e-11eb-82af-864652063d61_story.html

imrs.php

I don't like ANY people hanging out at the entrance.
    ANY.
    In fact, "don't like" is too mild a term.
    I just want to walk in and vote.
    I already know what I'm doing.
    My mind isn't going to be changed at the last minute by some knucklehead that I don't know.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Smirk, that's cause it's not even what all the MSM was complaining about at the time

Yet another case, the President was answering his own question about accepting the election results. You have to accept the election results before there is any transition of power.

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-white-house-press-briefing-transcript-september-23

It's a definite problem with Trump's typical way of speaking. He uses a lot of pronouns and it's hard to figure out the antecedents, and he refers to things as if they're in an immediate context and so it makes it possible to say he's saying it refers to anything.

How do you interpret, "There won't be a transfer frankly, there'll be a continuation?" It could mean many things. The reporter should have asked him what that means, because it doesn't make any sense. It's incoherent. I think the most charitable and honest interpretation, given his past rhetoric about mail-in ballots, he means that he doesn't think that an election with mail-in ballots can have a believable outcome, and so if the election is in question, he's not going to concede. And that is a position than ANY candidate would have.

But even if Trump would have said it the way that I did, people would lose their ****. Hillary can advise Joe not to concede the election no matter what. And then people don't lose their **** about explicitly stating it. Trump pukes out seemingly meaningless garbage and people want to assume the least charitable interpretation. Alpo was certain he was saying he's gonna stay in office, when I think it's more reasonable that he meant he's not conceding an election that's dubious.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Joe was a pretty brilliant guy when he was a young man. Life has slapped the **** out of him though. You can say all you want about him, but most of the voters who will vote for Joe think he's a much more decent man than his opponent.

I know he's lost at least a step, but I expect him to have good people around him. Trump never gave his subordinates a chance. How many Chiefs of Staff in 4 years? How many PR folks? How many cabinet members? He's a terrible boss who gets more info from Fox News than he does from his own intelligence services.

Sorry, the two men just don't compare. And we'll find out in a couple of weeks how many people agree with me.

What about his plagiarizing? He had to drop out of that race because of it, because Democrats used to care about stuff like that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I used to listen to their discussion programs back in the last century. Even then, it was getting me irritable. So I put on George Strait and achieved some semblance of wistful melancholy. LOL

When politics irk me, I put on some Snarky Puppy these days.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It's a definite problem with Trump's typical way of speaking. He uses a lot of pronouns and it's hard to figure out the antecedents, and he refers to things as if they're in an immediate context and so it makes it possible to say he's saying it refers to anything.

How do you interpret, "There won't be a transfer frankly, there'll be a continuation?" It could mean many things. The reporter should have asked him what that means, because it doesn't make any sense. It's incoherent. I think the most charitable and honest interpretation, given his past rhetoric about mail-in ballots, he means that he doesn't think that an election with mail-in ballots can have a believable outcome, and so if the election is in question, he's not going to concede. And that is a position than ANY candidate would have.

But even if Trump would have said it the way that I did, people would lose their ****. Hillary can advise Joe not to concede the election no matter what. And then people don't lose their **** about explicitly stating it. Trump pukes out seemingly meaningless garbage and people want to assume the least charitable interpretation. Alpo was certain he was saying he's gonna stay in office, when I think it's more reasonable that he meant he's not conceding an election that's dubious.

It's clear to me what he said: There won't be a transfer means, I'm not going to lose. There'll be a continuation means, I'll have another 4 year term.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I think Trump has an issue with conveying what he's trying to say clearly which leaves the door open for the MSM to take poetic license with their own interpretations. But the MSM will probably do it anyway to a certain extent no matter what Trump says.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's clear to me what he said: There won't be a transfer means, I'm not going to lose. There'll be a continuation means, I'll have another 4 year term.
    I don't see the problem with your interpretation. He's confident that he will be re-elected. He never stated that he will flat out refuse to transfer power if he loses.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    What about his plagiarizing? He had to drop out of that race because of it, because Democrats used to care about stuff like that.
    His current campaign slogan has been was stolen from the British Prime Minister, who is still using it :):

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This is the politically motivated violence thread. Plenty of other threads covering these same general election topics.

Could we for once try and keep things on topic?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I would take a more simplistic interpretation. I think he thought 'transfer of power' would maker it sound like he was going to lose or be twisted to be presented that way. When he said a 'continuation of power' I believe he just meant to assert that he believes he will win the election

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I would take a more simplistic interpretation. I think he thought 'transfer of poer' would maker it sound like he was going to lose or be twisted to be presented that way. When he said a 'continuation of power' I believe he just meant to assert that he believes he will win the election

Thats easy. "I'm so arrogant that I believe I cannot lose this election. So why ask if I will step down when I lose? Because I wont. next question. "

Top Bottom