GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Updated for 2018. I'm still laughing... I loved that show.

pu0s5.jpg

I remember the show being on but never watched it. Sorry to say this one is lost on me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Am I wrong for wondering how that picture would be viewed, if the text was absent, and people weren't aware of current events?

You could say the same about most of the current event political cartoons. They require some context.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I remember the show being on but never watched it. Sorry to say this one is lost on me.

Imagine a rich billionaire adopting a underprivileged millionaire......

(Show had it;s day. Was funny and broached some social/cultural subjects in a pretty good way. Sadly of the 3 kid actors Gary Coleman had the best outcome, while alive)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Bump for Trump

Had to scroll back a few days to find this still relevant meme to post on another board.
    People are pretty much acting out the meme on social media. Whining that if Trump wins peace with NK, it’s over. Their done. :):

if they’re “done”, it’s because people see through the hyperbole that hey, maybe he’s not literally Hitler. Maybe he’s just a crass ******* who got elected because the left is insufferable and they ran the worst candidate in history.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    People are pretty much acting out the meme on social media. Whining that if Trump wins peace with NK, it’s over. Their done. :):

if they’re “done”, it’s because people see through the hyperbole that hey, maybe he’s not literally Hitler. Maybe he’s just a crass ******* who got elected because the left is insufferable and they ran the worst candidate in history.

It honestly baffles me that people actually think this is a possibility. My personal opinion, is that it's a naivety bordering on delusion. I'd like to be hopeful, but that doesn't seem like a realistic option.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It honestly baffles me that people actually think this is a possibility. My personal opinion, is that it's a naivety bordering on delusion. I'd like to be hopeful, but that doesn't seem like a realistic option.

You mean, kind of like giving the Iranian theocracy $1billion+ and lifting sanctions for promises to delay the development of nuclear weapons and play well with others? But that worked out so well!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think it’s possible for a person who isn’t overly politically minded to understand people, enough to get to the real heart of the matter. I’m not saying that I think this has or is happening, but I’m pretty sure a politician is incapable of pulling that off. But, evidence that Trump is capable of getting to the real hearts of matter, is that he got to it with his supporters. They’re an incredibly diverse group including some libertarian types, conservatives, liberals, wealthy, working class, individualists, collectivists, and he found a simple few things that could unite them, and it’s not racism. I don’t view Trump as particularly smart, but if has any high competence it seems to me that it’s knowing what people want and making them feel like he can deliver it. Is presidency is undeniable evidence of that.

Did he do that in NK? I don’t know. We’ll have to wait till after dinner to see if what’s served is proof of the pudding. I’m cautiously skeptical. But it’s as possible as The Donald becoming President.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think it’s possible for a person who isn’t overly politically minded to understand people, enough to get to the real heart of the matter. I’m not saying that I think this has or is happening, but I’m pretty sure a politician is incapable of pulling that off. But, evidence that Trump is capable of getting to the real hearts of matter, is that he got to it with his supporters. They’re an incredibly diverse group including some libertarian types, conservatives, liberals, wealthy, working class, individualists, collectivists, and he found a simple few things that could unite them, and it’s not racism. I don’t view Trump as particularly smart, but if has any high competence it seems to me that it’s knowing what people want and making them feel like he can deliver it. Is presidency is undeniable evidence of that.

Did he do that in NK? I don’t know. We’ll have to wait till after dinner to see if what’s served is proof of the pudding. I’m cautiously skeptical. But it’s as possible as The Donald becoming President.

What's your over/under of NK denuclearizing? I have it at less than 1%... and much closer to 0%.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom