GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Healthy skepticism is a good thing. This is plowing new ground with a proven sociopath. We should be happy at the prospect but not so blind to not watch for betrayal.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    What's your over/under of NK denuclearizing? I have it at less than 1%... and much closer to 0%.

I do agree that NK giving up their nukes is close to 0%. Little Kim's father and grandfather played the same games and made the same false promises in past negotiations. The world is watching and is very skeptical. Without UN and IAEA verification, the sanctions will not be lifted. Kim is boxed into a corner. If the sanctions are not lifted, his kingdom collapses from famine and economic implosion. His only options are total war or a true peace.

1ac57b3287c60cf2f0d1a7639c168a61.jpg

drumsscott

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Carmel
    Yeah, that's something I'm still trying to figure out.. but I hate to think of what it would look like blown up full-size:dunno:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Kim is boxed into a corner. If the sanctions are not lifted, his kingdom collapses from famine and economic implosion. His only options are total war or a true peace.

There is a third option... Retirement. Exile Kim to a private island with some big piles of cash and a handful of young girls (or boys) to amuse himself. No longer looking over his shoulder every day, wondering about every bite of food and other methods of assisination.

China can put in a puppet leader that will do what he is told and not have to worry about starting a nuclear war in their backyard.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    What's your over/under of NK denuclearizing? I have it at less than 1%... and much closer to 0%.

The Donald has a much better chance than any President since...Ronald Reagan. For the same reason that Reagan faced down the Soviets. Instead of using soothing words to calm the savage beast, he not only rattled his sword but forged even more swords. The Left, who sympathized with our enemies anyway, was all rattled and afraid Ronnie was going to push the button, but knowing that he had the nerve to do so was essential in putting pressure on the Soviets and their "internal contradictions". In this respect, The Donald is the same, he's acting "crazy" enough that people, including the Norks and just as importantly the Chinese, believe he might really de-nuclearize North Korea militarily.

The Norks will weasel around (and the Chinese will help them) but I would not be surprised if the Donald negotiates a substantially toned down North Korea (which the Chinese will help us with). Trump likes to negotiate by aiming YUGE but settling for substantial, so while he might not eradicate every bit of plutonium from the North, he likely will do more to hobble them than anyone else. The Norks have apparently run into some technical difficulties with there testing so it makes sense for them to stand down for awhile, and they have their own "internal contradictions" pressuring them to do something to salvage their little dictatorship.

Of course the Democratic think Trump succeeding to any degree is worse than letting the nuts of the world have nuclear weapons. Kittieslayer's post above is dead on target. So Trump needs to get this substantially in place before the Republicans ineptly hand over the House and maybe the Senate and the Dems get to act on their Russian collusion fantasies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh. Disarming? I think very clost to zero chance. I also think that’s an unrealistic goal. Probably the most achievable goal is for both sides to agree to allow the other to exist peacefully. So basically both sides stop saber rattling and ignore each other. But that’s a big accomplishment if it can happen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom