• Status
    Not open for further replies.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    Yep. I guess you can have it both ways...if you're a leftist.

I was having an email debate with a close member of my family, and they said abortion was okay because a lot of the minority parents have children that grow up to be criminals, or something to that effect.

I really didn't know what do think about that...but it was sort of astounding.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I was having an email debate with a close member of my family, and they said abortion was okay because a lot of the minority parents have children that grow up to be criminals, or something to that effect.

I think the stats are at least somewhat, if not clearly supportive of the notion that as abortion rates have gone up, crime has gone down. Let's assume that the two are not just correlated, but there is a causative effect. More abortions = less crime.

That would be one of the more ghoulish justifications for genocide I have heard lately and smacks of eugenics and a holocaust to eliminate the undesirables. This is not hyperbole. What else could the argument that we should get poor people to abort so they don't turn out to be criminals be? Let's not even bring the issue of race into this...but think about it for a moment.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan

I think astounding is putting it mildly. I see it as blatantly racist but I'm betting that the ones who said it see themselves as fine people without a racist bone in their body.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    me0gDJa.jpg

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I think the stats are at least somewhat, if not clearly supportive of the notion that as abortion rates have gone up, crime has gone down. Let's assume that the two are not just correlated, but there is a causative effect. More abortions = less crime.

That would be one of the more ghoulish justifications for genocide I have heard lately and smacks of eugenics and a holocaust to eliminate the undesirables. This is not hyperbole. What else could the argument that we should get poor people to abort so they don't turn out to be criminals be? Let's not even bring the issue of race into this...but think about it for a moment.

Ok I’ll play devils advocate here.

Thats racist.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Crime study in the 70's, pending doom, Roe vs. Wade, doom didn't come to pass...

It isn't so much racial as kids who were unwanted in families who couldn't afford them in bad areas...etc., etc., etc. If we're being honest, how many kids are in the system (foster, other) now? Where would these unborn millions be? I'm guessing state run orphanages would be much more prevalent since we can't take care of the ones we have now.

18971780.jpg

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I don’t care about crime statistics with correlation to abortion. A life is a life, and whether crime decreases or not it’s murder. How can people be against the death penalty and for abortion?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

The book Freakanomics is where that idea was first proposed...Refuted by John Lott's book Freedomnomics.....

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

Considering some of the quotes attributed to Planned Parenthood founders, I'd say this has a ring of truth to it. Ghoulish, indeed.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

I think we should decrease access to abortions, increase access to birth control and increase applicability of self defense the legal carry of firearms and decreased access to civil society for people that can not be trusted to exercise their constitutional rights.

I'm all for three strikes and it's through the felon zapper.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    The political left is really more like a religion than a philosophy or set of beliefs. A religion cannot be questioned. How else can they justify all the blatant hypocrisy like in the meme above and the one I am posting here? Intellectually dishonest, at best.

36788290_10160752323920515_65329282955608064_n.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom