• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Hmmm....I've noticed in the last few years, since the economic "downturn", that a LOT of taxpayer funded entities are getting new vehicles, and not just new, but expensive new vehicles. We closed an elementary school here in town after citizens voted down a property tax, since then, the school system has bought a Kawasaki 4 wheeler thingy for the weird little janitor guy to use picking up litter, (which he's done on foot for as long as I can remember), several Ford flexes for the admin staff to use, and numerous other odd little purchases. The street department has done the same, as well as PD and fire. Why is everybody, well, us lowly subjects anyway, tightening their belts and watching how we spend, while our employees are laughing their asses off driving top of the line vehicles? I view this kind of crap as them thumbing their noses at the rest of us, it's why I will never vote for a single person currently holding office, ANY OFFICE!!:xmad: It makes me want to puke!

I see it all the time, you should see the stuff they have stored for emergencies...........................or to bring out for the local fair......

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I try not to give LE a reason to pull me over in the first place but if a plain white pickup flies up on my bumper, i won't be pulling over until I see a marked vehicle.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    YEAH!!!
    How in the Hell can anyone carry on a perfectly good anti LEO thread with people like Denny trashing it with logic and other worthless crap???

Blueliner!! :p
    RaisetheRoof.gif

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    They are advertising this because they want EVERYONE to slow down. People only slow down if they see a marked car. They are telling all drivers that the Troopers COULD be at ANY construction zone and you will not know, in the hopes that people will slow down because the Trooper could be there and they cannot see them. If they just wanted to be tricky they would not bother to advertise this and no one would know any better till they were pulled over. ISP has been doing this for years and years. Just slow down in the construction zone and you have no worries.

Ding ding ding! This isn't a difficult concept to comprehend.

Not unless you're in Michigan, where you encounter signs that make you question whether it's a fine or a prize:

Not a steep enough penalty IMO(if the driver is the one being negligent and they kill a worker).

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    mildly off topic: I slow down in construction zones, because on occasion I'm one of the poor bastages out there with a clipboard hoping some kid driving in the middle of his car, or some glee-watching, texting, oblivious teeny bopper falls off the road.

On topic: I'm not so sure I hold a position on this either way, as it isn't my tax money. However, i don't like to see unnecessary spending of any taxpayer dollars.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    They are advertising this because they want EVERYONE to slow down. People only slow down if they see a marked car. They are telling all drivers that the Troopers COULD be at ANY construction zone and you will not know, in the hopes that people will slow down because the Trooper could be there and they cannot see them. If they just wanted to be tricky they would not bother to advertise this and no one would know any better till they were pulled over. ISP has been doing this for years and years. Just slow down in the construction zone and you have no worries.

Come on man you can't come on these threads and make sense. You might ruin the purpose of their b------;)

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    One thing i still dont understand is how it makes any sense to buy police v8 mustangs. those cant be that good in the winter time, which is most of the year in indiana

Silverado

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    One thing i still dont understand is how it makes any sense to buy police v8 mustangs. those cant be that good in the winter time, which is most of the year in indiana

What part of Indiana do you live in, that has winter for most of the year? I can think of a lot of places that have bad or long winters, but Indiana ain't one of them.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So, is anyone policing the size of the construction zones? The progress the construction companies make? The productivity of the construction VS the cost of the delays being paid for by the people doing the driving?

I see lot and lots and lots of construction including the traffic nightmares created. At the same time, I see very very little work being done, much less progress being made.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    So, is anyone policing the size of the construction zones? The progress the construction companies make? The productivity of the construction VS the cost of the delays being paid for by the people doing the driving?

I see lot and lots and lots of construction including the traffic nightmares created. At the same time, I see very very little work being done, much less progress being made.
    You've noticed Bloomington, havent you? :dunno:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

Well, see, you just have to give the companies a big bonus for doing the work in a timely manner. They gave out a few million in bonuses for the Allisonville Rd project, and many million for the Accelerate 465 project. It can be done, for a price.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well, see, you just have to give the companies a big bonus for doing the work in a timely manner. They gave out a few million in bonuses for the Allisonville Rd project, and many million for the Accelerate 465 project. It can be done, for a price.

NO you don't! It could very easily be the other way around.

"You are bidding on a project that will begin on --. It will end on --.
    Your early completion bonus is $$. Your penalty deduction per day late is $$. If the deduction reaches the maximum of 7 days late, you will be on probation for future public works projects."

It's that simple. That's the way all business works that doesn't involve bureaucracies and unions.

Top Bottom