• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    NO you don't! It could very easily be the other way around.

"You are bidding on a project that will begin on --. It will end on --.
    Your early completion bonus is $$. Your penalty deduction per day late is $$. If the deduction reaches the maximum of 7 days late, you will be on probation for future public works projects."

It's that simple. That's the way all business works that doesn't involve bureaucracies and unions.
    I am quite certain that they face heavy fines for missing a deadline.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I am quite certain that they face heavy fines for missing a deadline.
    Yes. Its been too long since I've spoke with the ones who know.

This why they will use 2-3 shifts and lights also. Gotta meet the deadline and its cheaper to run multi shifts.

Remember US421 on the North Side of 465? What a fiasco-that company was busted pretty bad when they were late-concrete too thin and a slew of other problems. Bad paperwork lead to a lot of it, nothing marked right. Old systems parallel to new systems and had to figure out which one was active. Didn't know where gas or electric was, phone lines were cut with a backhoe-overall it was a disaster.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Even though people speed through the work zones, I very rarely see any dangerous driving. Everyone goes with the flow, no one is changing lanes or following too close.

Things start to get dicey when there is an officer on the shoulder, and everyone gets packed in real tight. That's when people follow waaaaay too close, and they're dodging in and out of lanes to get 2 cars further ahead, and all kinds of other non-sense. Plus, there's really nowhere to pull anyone over on I-70 between sam Jones and the airport. It's 2 lanes with Jersey barriers on both sides.

IMO, things are fine the way they are.

Top Bottom